Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th October 2012, 16:58   #16
BHPian

Default re: Pune - Sangli - Bijapur - Hampi - Dharwad - Dandeli - Kolhapur - Dapoli - Pune : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Guys, I'll be travelling from Mumbai to Sangli early next month. Can anybody comment on the road conditions & the best route to Sangli?
Any help will be highly appreciated !!
Regards,
Varun
Upto Peth naka where you leave NH4 and turn left to Sangli roads are excellent. Time is lost only in long ques at toll plazas. One can still maintain good average speed. Peth Naka to Sangli road condition is not so good. Your average speed will drop drastically.
CANPUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 08:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Pune to Sangli

The straightforward route is from Peth take a left, and drive through Ashta to Sangli.

A little deviation is to continue towards Kolhapur on the NH4 and then turn left at Shiroli and drive through Hatkanangale and Jaysingpur to reach Sangli.

The deviation is about 30-odd kms and 30-odd minutes longer, but gives you maximum NH.

Is it worth it?

The last time I drove to Sangli, the Ashta route was full of local traffic and it was a nightmare (in broad daylight) to navigate the streets after the e-way and NH4.

Does anyone have any latest updates on these two routes, the road condition and the traffic conditions at various times? What would be the best time to navigate either of these roads to make maximum time?
honeybee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 09:27   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Pune to Sangli

Would advice through kolhapur. This will avoid local traffic.

Did Pune kolhapur - sangli last month. No issues.

PS: I had work in Kolp so visiting kolp was must before sangli.
idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 18:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
A little deviation is to continue towards Kolhapur on the NH4 and then turn left at Shiroli and drive through Hatkanangale and Jaysingpur to reach Sangli.
I was stuck on this route, with a near halt for half an hour. I think there is notion of peak hour on this route as many commute on this for work. I was either stuck due to peak hour (around 5 to 6 pm) or may be it was one off occurrence of traffic jam.

Having said that, I haven't taken Ashta route recently either. On above route at least local crowd is less. So may be a safe bet if you avoid peak hours.
mayuresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 22:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Any idea how much time it would take? Would morning time be better, around 10-ish?
honeybee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 23:19   #21
BHPian

Don't bother going to Kolhapur, you will be adding atleast 50km to your journey. Peth to Sangli is about 35km and the road is pretty decent. Take my word go through Ashta. I did it couple of weeks back after long time and was surprised as the road and traffic was above my expectations.
deepaktpatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 23:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Any idea how much time it would take? Would morning time be better, around 10-ish?
Apologies for the back to back posts, it would take you about 3.5hrs in normal conditions from Hinjawadi area. Avoid office going traffic times while getting out of Pune.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 19th May 2013 at 23:32.
deepaktpatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 21:33   #23
BHPian

Default Hubli - Gadag - Koppal - Hampi route query

I'm planning to visit Hampi, from Pune. I have following route queries

1. From NH4 (Pune side) what is the best way to reach Gadag. I'd like to avoid crowded roads and city traffic. A little bit of extra distance is ok.

Option 1:

Exit NH4 at Dharwad to avoid passing through Hubli and join Gadag Road at Annigeri.

How is the road and would it be and can passing via Dharwad be same pain as passing via Hubli?

http://goo.gl/maps/H8OgT

Option 2: Exit NH4 at Old Hubli and follow Hubli Karwar road. This will encouter the old Hubli roads and traffic, not sure how this compares with other two options.

http://goo.gl/maps/qDUQL

Option 3: Exit NH4 at Gabbur and pass through New Hubli to join Gadag Road.

New Hubli area to pass through looks very dense. Not sure how the traffic would be.

http://goo.gl/maps/nF5uD

Option 3A: Also a sub-option of this could be via HEREPET area, following SH73. Google maps is messing up the route if I try to draw this way.

2. Also looking for good food joints / stay options in Koppal.

Last edited by mayuresh : 19th October 2013 at 21:42.
mayuresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 12:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Pune - Sangli - Bijapur - Hampi - Dharwad - Dandeli - Kolhapur - Dapoli - Pune : Route Queries

Has anyone traveled to Sangli via Peth Naka - Islampur - Ashta recently? If yes, how is the road condition? I am planning to go to Narsobawadi next week and would be good to have an idea of how the roads are.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   Reply With Quote