Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 8th January 2008, 21:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Okay can anyone give me an exact way to reach mahabaleshwar via pune?leaving tomorrow early morning and would like to try out this route for a change.Also fron what i searched on google it came up with results like.
Mumbai to pune 180 kmph
Pune to Mahabaleshwar 120 km
So in total its 300 km one way
and via mahad its 220 km
So is this true?and please tell me the turns to take to reach mahabaleshwar via the expressway
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

That us the right route.

The Pune expressway ends in the Pune Bypass. Keep going on this road - the Satara/Kolhapur/Bangalore NH4 road - through Shirwal and Khambatki Ghat. After climbing down the Khambatki Ghat, within a few kms, you will reach the Mahabaleswar Phata (flyover under construction, clear signages), from where Mahabaleswar is around 45 kms via Panchgani.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thank you hvkumar sir..!!
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 11:55   #34
BHPian

Hi Guys

Will be leaving for Mahableshwar in the morning from Thane, should be about 5.30-6.00 am and then go via Pune expressway - Khambatki Ghat - Panchgani - Mahableshwar as indicated by H.V.K

Got a booking for 4 + 3 kids at MTDC, only for a day that is tomorrow and then head back to Mumbai on Sunday - should be post 3pm.

Since our stay is so short - wanted to know which places should we guys try and explore... this would be done on Saturday evening and then on our way back to Mumbai, halt and go, halt and move types.

Looking forward to your replies....ideally today, cheers Salil
saildrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 12:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
wanted to know which places should we guys try and explore...
while driving from panchagani to mahabaleshwar, parsi point can be done. lot of play stuff here so children will be happy. right at parsi point, you can have breakfast/lunch at hotel rainforest. food quality is good.
3km before mahaby, you can visit mapro point for purchasing some food stuff.
i hope, you will be in mahabaleshwar at @12 noon. so after lunch and rest, you can explore ladwick point after say 3pm. after that you can go to sunset/bombay point which is 5 min walking distance from mtdc resort. in the evening, you can go to venna lake so that children have some horse riding, some go carting etc. after that, market can be visited after 7 pm.
next day, after check out, you can head to arthur seat point. while going to this point, lot of points are enroute. after arthur seat point, you can go to kates point/echo point. after this, you can head back to mumbai via panchagani.

i hope, by this order of travel, you can cover maximum points with minimum travel and time.
you can not visit pratapgad due to lack of time. you can skip some points and can visit pratapgad.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 24th October 2008 at 13:00.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 16:29   #36
BHPian

Visit Sherbaug in Panchgani. You and kids will love it.

Don't visit Pratapgad as you don't have much time. Instead, visit Mahabaleshwar market and eat Strawberry Ice Cream and play some video games.
DarkEraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 21:35   #37
BHPian

Thanks a ton (Ashish & Dark Eraser). Will come back with updates. Happy Diwali to you guys!!
saildrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 14:10   #38
BHPian

Default Bharat Petroleum Fuel Pumps

Hi,
I would be traveling Pune-Belgaum-Tarkarli-Amboli (or Mahabaleshwar)-Pune route.
Does anyone know, how I can find out where on this route are the Company Fuel Stations of Bharat Petroleum.
Thanks.
Sidd

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th December 2008 at 14:44. Reason: Search please
siddhu_engg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 11:41   #39
BHPian

Default re: Mumbai - Mahabaleshwar : Route Queries

Hi everyone

I'm planning a Mahabaleshwar trip the coming weekend (Nov 28-30) and wanted to know if anyone has done the route in the recent past. Any tips, guidelines? I'm planning to take the expressway route - travelling with kids so time is key.

Any help is welcome.
aptiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 13:26   #40
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Mumbai - Mahabaleshwar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptiwa View Post
I'm planning a Mahabaleshwar trip the coming weekend (Nov 28-30) and wanted to know if anyone has done the route in the recent past. Any tips, guidelines? I'm planning to take the expressway route - travelling with kids so time is key.
Though I haven't traveled myself, a friend in Mumbai mentioned the best route is via Wai, so that's where you'd get off the highway and go towards Mahabaleshwar.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 18:05   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai - Mahabaleshwar : Route Queries

Could someone provide the complete route details please, starting from Andheri to MTDC resort in Mahabaleswar??
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 20:50   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could someone provide the complete route details please, starting from Andheri to MTDC resort in Mahabaleswar??
Here goes: Andheri-Santacruz Chembur Link Road via Vakola- Ghatkopr Mankhur Link Road - Left at Mankhurd - Vashi Creek Bridge- MPEW to Pune - Dehu Road - Katraj Pune bypass- New Katraj Tunnel - Khambatki Ghat. Exactly 5 kms after end of Khambatki Ghat take right turn under the flyover - straight to Wai - left at Wai (good signages) - Pasarni Ghat - Panchgani - Mahableshwar. After entering Mahableshwar ask the way to Sunset Point - MTDC resort will be on this road on the right about 3 kms from Mahableshwar market

Have a good trip !!!!!
suniladhiya is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 17:47   #43
BHPian

Planning a Mahabaleshwar Trip over the long Christmas weekend. Any route updates on road conditions and what route to take?
PGNarain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 19:01   #44
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Planning a Mahabaleshwar Trip over the long Christmas weekend. Any route updates on road conditions and what route to take?
Quite sure the Bombay-Pune expressway and rest of NH4 is in good condition. You need to get to Wai (turn right from NH4). See previous post of @suniladhiya for detailed route.
If you're in Navi Mumbai, you can get on to the expressway quickly from Vashi/Kamothe/Panvel and you're on your way

Last edited by NPV : 17th December 2015 at 19:03.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 16:57   #45
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning trip from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar-Panchgani on Republic day weekend (23-26 Jan). Planning to take Karnala-Pen-Kolad-Mahad route (NH66) for going and Wai-Pune(NH-4)-Expressway route for coming back. Can someone who recently did this circuit throw some light on road condition, traffic intensity (especially on NH66), suitable eateries (travelling with family-Parents, Spouse and a 10 month baby). Also planning to book a homestay (with Kitchen) so any recommendations on that regard will be appreciated.

Thanks
TSIched'Out is offline   Reply With Quote