Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 8th June 2009, 10:53   #1
Default Road Conditions in Wayanad and Ooty-Kotagiri

Hello to All,

Although I'm following the travel related threads for quite some time now but this is my first post on the forum. I'm planning to drive around Wayanad and do the Ooty-Kotagiri stretch shortly. I had been to these places earlier but never drove myself.

Can I get some update on the current road conditions in this circuit? I'm thinking of doing it in 3 days from Mysore. Please suggest me a suitable itinerary and some good stay options in wayanad and kotagiri (within 1k-2k per night budget).

I'm quite interested to enter tamilnadu (Gudalur) from Sultan Bathey. How's that route to be specific?

I'll be driving my alto lxi. So is there any problem with the road condition anywhere in this circuit. Will it be possible to do Red-Hills, Avalanchi in alto? I had been to red-hills earlier but not very sure about the current road-conditions.

Will surely post travelogue once I finish my trip!

FreedomExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 12:19   #2

Have you posted your travelogue?
Any tips that you can give on good and cheap places to stay in Wayanad?

VJ1980 is offline   Reply With Quote