Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th July 2009, 11:10   #1
BHPian

Default Route Info? Bangalore: Whitefield - Hosur Road

Heard that there is a short (and less traffic) route from Whitefield to Hosur road. Can any one shed some light on it.

My guess is either,

(SH-35 only)
Whitefield -- Varthur -- Sarjapur Road -- Sarjapur -- Attibale (Join Hosur Road from here)

OR

(SH-35 and NH-207)
Whitefield -- Varthur -- Sarjapur Road -- Sarjapur (NH-207 starts from here) -- Bagalur -- Hosur

In tha attached image, The route in BLUE is the usual route. And I want to avoid the traffic in the Electronic City Area, (Coz, I am planning to start in the afternoon) I have 2 alternate routes in my mind (RED & VIOLET in the pic).

1. Has anyone used this route before?
2. How is the road condition?
3. Will it take longer than the usual EC route?
Attached Thumbnails
Route Info? Bangalore: Whitefield - Hosur Road-route.jpg  

TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 11:19   #2
BHPian

Tomrider,

I've used the below and continue to use

(SH-35 only)
Whitefield -- Varthur -- Sarjapur Road -- Sarjapur -- Attibale (Join Hosur Road from here)

The road is pretty good except for some unmarked speedbrakers and if you are heading to Hosur from Marathahalli end,this sure is better than the EC route.
KPGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 12:22   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPGB View Post
Tomrider,

I've used the below and continue to use

(SH-35 only)

The road is pretty good except for some unmarked speedbrakers and if you are heading to Hosur from Marathahalli end,this sure is better than the EC route.
Thanks KPGB.
Is there anymore information regarding total distance and traffic conditions?
Old 13th July 2009, 12:46   #4
BHPian

From my home in CV Raman Nagar, Hosur is some 40 kms away on this route. That means, from whitefield it should be around 30 kms
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 12:53   #5
BHPian

Hello,

I have used the (SH-35 and NH-207)
Whitefield -- Maratahalli----sarjapur junction----total mall----jail road---Hosur Road (CGI, Bosch)
road frequently. The road is good barring lot of speed brakers. Considering Less or no traffic, i would recommend to use this road.

I have tried the Road from Sarjapur to Whitefield, the road is better. I have not tried the one leading from Sarjapur to EC.
deepakchiniwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 13:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Hello,

I have not tried the one leading from Sarjapur to EC.
Even this is a good stretch of road. The Iblur ORR junction - Sarjapur roaute is about 15.5 kms. From Sarjapur to Attibele is another 15 kms. I use this route to byepass the sickening traffic in Hosur road
tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 13:28   #7
BHPian

SH 35 is good, but NH 207 was bad a year back (if I remember correctly). So better stick to the Attibele route.
cuttingcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 15:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
Thanks KPGB.
Is there anymore information regarding total distance and traffic conditions?
Whitefield to Attibele ~ 30 Kms...Traffic is sparse.You can enjoy your ride atleast to an extent comparing to the maddening EC road with all those constructions happening.Watch out for (unmarked ) speedbrakers after the right turn in sarjapur toward attibele.

Regards
KPGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 19:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPGB View Post
Whitefield to Attibele ~ 30 Kms...Traffic is sparse.You can enjoy your ride atleast to an extent comparing to the maddening EC road with all those constructions happening.Watch out for (unmarked ) speedbrakers after the right turn in sarjapur toward attibele.

Regards
Ok. I will be taking this route while going to Cochin on 25th. Thanks again.

Message to mods: There is a typo in the title of the thread. Please change the topic of this thread from "Route Info? Banaglore: Whiltefiled - Hosur Road" to "Route Info? Bangalore: Whitefield - Hosur Road". So that, it will be useful for those who search with "Bangalore" or "Whitefield" keywords.

Thanks again to all of you! I will update about the road/traffic conditions after my trip.
Old 30th September 2009, 09:59   #10
BHPian

Has anyone used the SH35 ( Sarjapur to Attibele) recently? Is it holding shape after the recent rains?
tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 11:26   #11
BHPian

I used this route yesterday night as I was driving back from Salem and did not want to take on Banglore city traffic.The route I took was after crossing the Hosur border checkpost took a right turn Attibele.I crossed a Lake do not know the name.Reached white field crossed the Prashanti nilayam then Budigere and then to Devanahalli. The road is good and very minimal traffic.I could cross over in one hour.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 22:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Has anyone used the SH35 ( Sarjapur to Attibele) recently? Is it holding shape after the recent rains?
This road is in very good condition. Also good all the way till Whitefield (@gajadonga - You have crossed the Varthur Lake)
bijuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 23:56   #13
Team-BHP Support

I have tried both the routes. Issue with the NH207, is that one needs go past the Sarjapur town, which is pain. But I found this to be good. Good thing is that it directly hits Hosur.

While the other section which goes to Attibele is fine, except for the speed breakers as mentioned in the earlier post.

Last edited by ampere : 30th September 2009 at 23:57.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 15:30   #14
BHPian

I resettled to Hosur last month, and my office is in Whitefield. Currentl I'm driving daily from Hosur to Whitefield via the Bagalur-Sarjapur route. It takes 1hr and 5-10 mins to reach my office at Whitefield from my home at Hosur(Rayakotta road).

It is roughly 42kms or so. The roads (NH207) is pretty good Tamilnadu side, but the SH35 between Sarjapur to Whitefield has umpteen speed breakers, some unmarked. That is the only pain, apart from really bad roads inside Sarjapur which takes ~5 minutes to traverse.

Suresh.
verditer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 09:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tom,

I travel Sarjapur - Attebele and Sarjapur - Bagalur frequesntly. First route would be easy to commute compared to the second because passing Sarjapura town to enter NH207 is challenge due to the narrow roads and crowd. Not sure if the road work is completed, if yes its a breeze to drive once you are on NH207.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
Heard that there is a short (and less traffic) route from Whitefield to Hosur road. Can any one shed some light on it.

My guess is either,

(SH-35 only)

OR

(SH-35 and NH-207)
Whitefield -- Varthur -- Sarjapur Road -- Sarjapur (NH-207 starts from here) -- Bagalur -- Hosur

In tha attached image, The route in BLUE is the usual route. And I want to avoid the traffic in the Electronic City Area, (Coz, I am planning to start in the afternoon) I have 2 alternate routes in my mind (RED & VIOLET in the pic).

1. Has anyone used this route before?
2. How is the road condition?
3. Will it take longer than the usual EC route?

Last edited by jacs : 9th June 2010 at 09:14.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote