Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th October 2009, 17:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Interesting thread. Because we have a house in Mulshi, we have to go thru the Toll at Chandi Chowk regularly. But i have heard it is actually an illegal collection. The rumour is the Toll was set-up by a corporator that did the Tarmac for the Lavasa Road. I've had a few arguments at that toll booth and sometimes they give in, sometimes they don't. They tend to let cars they recognise thru.
I know the person that did the road for Lavasa he has not set up the tollbooth, but cannot divulge any more details on the same. And I have no idea because usually head to Lavasa on my Bike, but this is interesting.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 17:55   #17
BANNED

Does anybody know whom to contact to get authentic information may be a govt agency or a person with knowledge of RTI use? Main aim is to know Waiver/exemption rules for tolls near pune.
idea1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 02:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^^ I think you will find this thread useful, unless seen already - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...xperience.html (Right To Information Act ( RTI ) - Your Experience)
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 07:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Visiting this thread after ages....seems no one has a clue to any legal basis for any exemptions, if any exist.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 11:04   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Visiting this thread after ages....seems no one has a clue to any legal basis for any exemptions, if any exist.
You seems to be right. Thread was almost dead for a while. However , we all can ? take up the task and get some pointers/info on the same. As mentioned, it is a concern for all of us , mostly from pune.
Old 17th October 2009, 11:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
get some pointers/info on the same. As mentioned, it is a concern for all of us , mostly from pune.
Agree, but how does one get this information? And from where?
Old 18th October 2009, 23:25   #22
BANNED

Passed phirangute toll today. I was with family to paid up for return toll instead of entering into fighting mode. After all it was just Rs 27/-

After having look at reciept, it seems to be authentic. But they are also suppose to display board stating toll collection period and end date. It was no where to be seen.

On my way back to pune, decided to try (though i had return pass with me) if i am getting a exemption (MH12 car). Instead of stopping car, i just slowed it down, and when guard waived me to stop, i just flashed my headlights - nobody stopped me. Hmmm.. I wonder why? if toll is authentic, i should be stopped and if there is exemption for local car, it should be displayed.
Attached Thumbnails
Legal status of tolls around Pune-toll-phirngut.jpg  

Old 19th October 2009, 01:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

We have a similar set up on tolls on the Bomaby Poona old highway. The toll booth I am talking about is just before the Shedung exit coming from Karjat towards Panvel. When they were set up initially almost all vehicles with Pen MH06 regn. were let through. Off late however the free pass is restricted to settlements in the immediate vicinity of the toll booth on Panvel side and up to Chowk village on the other side, Rasayani is not covered under this arrangement. They have issued some sort of identification stickers to vehicles from these areas, though I am yet to see one and all other vehicles including the MH 06s have to pay up. Same on the tolls on the Pen Khopoli road, it was levied from day 1 of the opening of the toll booth.

Similarily the toll booth at Somatane(old highway) lets through vehicles from around that area. I was with a business associate a couple of times who stays at Talegaon and he was waived through. However it squared out as on the expressway we had to pay the full amount(no deductions for earlier toll as none was paid). I believe this should be the underlying rule for all toll booths maintained by IRB/MSRDC.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 07:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

One way to find out more is to get hold of the text of the notification on the receipt. How does one do that?
Old 19th October 2009, 17:40   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I know the person that did the road for Lavasa he has not set up the tollbooth, but cannot divulge any more details on the same. And I have no idea because usually head to Lavasa on my Bike, but this is interesting.
I thought, it was developed by HCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
One way to find out more is to get hold of the text of the notification on the receipt. How does one do that?
I think slightly dificult.

Do you think approaching pune mirror would be some help? Any idea/input?
Old 7th June 2010, 09:45   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
I think slightly dificult.
Do you think approaching pune mirror would be some help? Any idea/input?
They already issued an article confirming that the toll is illegal.

Illegal toll booth.

Also from here - http://punekar.in/site/2010/01/29/ci...on-city-roads/

Quote:
Action sought against Mulshi Road toll booth.
Corporators took the civic administration to task for failing to initiate action against the toll booth opened on Mulshi Road by the state Public Works Department (PWD) within jurisdiction of Pune Municipal Corporation.
The issue was raised by local corporator Shankar Kemse during the general body meet. Kemse said the PWD constructed the Mulshi road but started toll booth in PMC jurisdiction forcing the residents in the area to pay up to enter the city.
“The security guards at the toll booth have been forcing the residents in the adjoining areas to pay toll. Citizens, who protest, are harrased and beaten up,” he said.
Additional city engineer Vivek Kharwadkar said the PWD had gone ahead with setting up the toll booth despite being informed that it’s in the PMC jurisdiction.
This irked the corporators who demanded immediate action against the state department and removal of the toll booth. However, the administration clarified that the matter was subjudice.
The elected representatives have asked deputy Mayor Prasanna Jagtap to issue an order for immediate removal of the toll booth.
More links:

http://www.punenews.net/2010/01/pmc-...-booth-is.html

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th June 2010 at 09:53.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 17:12   #27
BHPian

Default Re: Legal status of tolls around Pune

Bumping old thread in light of "Activity " being carried out by MNS. Hope these toll status around pune will change shortly.
idea is offline   Reply With Quote