Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2010, 18:56   #31
BHPian
 
himavanth_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Pune/Chennai
Posts: 582
Thanked: 266 Times
Default

@Milecruncher and mercedised - Thanks for your words. That gives me confidence to take my safari.

@cool_dube: yes I am aware of the long and tiring drive. Since I havent explored MP too much (infact nil), I am all the more enthusiastic to go there. Unfortunately, this drive will be for official purposes and will not be able to explore too much, but atleast I will start somewhere.
The only other opportunity for me to travel to MP(now Chattisgarh) was when I was a Kid, when my dad took me all the way from Hyd to Bacheli (NMDC township) to meet some relatives in an Ambassador.and visited Chitrakoot falls then.
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 22:06   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 269
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
I am planning to do a solo drive through Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal - Gwalior stretch in 1st week of November. and I am planning to Halt at Bhopal for the night.
I did the Hyderabad-Nagpur-Bhopal route about 10 days back. Some info here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-indore-2.html (Hyderabad to Indore)

As for the cops, I haven't even seen any cop on the road in MP! They are a rare species.

Doing Hyderabad-Bhopal is quite tiring considering the road condition after Nagpur.

Start early from Hyderabad and try to reach Nagpur before noon. That is the only solution.

mercedised has a better grip of things as for accommodation at Bhopal. There are plenty budget options available near the main railway station.
lejhoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 03:01   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post

mercedised has a better grip of things as for accommodation at Bhopal. There are plenty budget options available near the main railway station.
Another good option is MPTDC Highway Retreat at Bhimbetka about 40 kms from Bhopal and it has a secure parking and good rooms.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 20:29   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 269
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Another good option is MPTDC Highway Retreat at Bhimbetka about 40 kms from Bhopal and it has a secure parking and good rooms.
That's right. It is on route to Bhopal. 30 odd km.
lejhoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 06:18   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Another good option is MPTDC Highway Retreat at Bhimbetka about 40 kms from Bhopal and it has a secure parking and good rooms.
Review and pictures here for the MPTDC Bhimbetka
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1513827 (Leh'd and Back from Hyderabad: The 18 Day, 7804 Km Saga)
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 11:13   #36
BHPian
 
sarmarishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 424
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip

I know this is an old thread but I thought I will bring it to life again instead of starting a new one. I am flying into Nagpur from Bangalore and then going by car from there to Hoshangabad near Bhopal. Because I am travelling with my pet I was unable to fly directly into Bhopal. So what would be the best route to get there? Actually I need to go to Satpura (which will be my home from September) which is about an hour from Hoshangabad towards Sohagpur. Do let me know how the roads are and how long it should take. Thanks.
sarmarishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 11:28   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 887
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip

I had traveled in January this year on this route.
From Nagpur to Betul is good roads.
Betul to Hoshangabad is average some ghat sections also.
Safer to do a day journey after Betul.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 12:13   #38
BHPian
 
sarmarishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 424
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Safer to do a day journey after Betul.
Any particular reason why you say it is safer to travel this stretch during the day? Just because of road conditions or anything else?
sarmarishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 12:24   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 887
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Any particular reason why you say it is safer to travel this stretch during the day? Just because of road conditions or anything else?
The road goes through ghat sections and the road is average.
If travelling with family any puncture it will be a tough time. More over the traffic is not heavy and in some stretches you do not have shoulder and the roads are broken up.In-fact I traveled between Betul and Bhopal between 2am-6am and I had only lorry traffic for company.
It is my personal feeling to avoid night travel.

Last edited by gajadonga : 19th July 2011 at 12:29.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 12:39   #40
BHPian
 
sarmarishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 424
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip

Ah ok.. I am not looking at too late in the night. I will be arriving at Nagpur at 4:30 so I should be on my way by about 5:30 to Hoshangabad. I am guessing I should be in Satpura by 12 at night if the roads are ok since I will be in an Innova.
sarmarishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 13:21   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 887
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Ah ok.. I am not looking at too late in the night. I will be arriving at Nagpur at 4:30 so I should be on my way by about 5:30 to Hoshangabad. I am guessing I should be in Satpura by 12 at night if the roads are ok since I will be in an Innova.
Innova is a good vehicle and good ground clearance so it would not
be a problem.Hope you have a driver along with you.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 16:24   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 368 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip

A quick update - one of my relatives did Nagpur-Bhopal last week and NH69 is a disaster, to say the least. The stretch b/w Betul and Hoshangabad is literally a no-road stretch. It is infested with huge potholes and ongoing rains have made it difficult to gauge the depth since they end up getting filled with rain water. In fact, their Innova got stuck in one such crater and had to be pulled out!!! So avoid this stretch unless there is a confirmed news of road repairs.

What I fail to understand is that despite being such an important connection (Nagpur and Bhopal are two commercially important cities) this road has always been a mess and nothing is being done about it
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 16:31   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
A quick update - one of my relatives did Nagpur-Bhopal last week and NH69 is a disaster, to say the least. The stretch b/w Betul and Hoshangabad is literally a no-road stretch. It is infested with huge potholes and ongoing rains have made it difficult to gauge the depth since they end up getting filled with rain water. In fact, their Innova got stuck in one such crater and had to be pulled out!!! So avoid this stretch unless there is a confirmed news of road repairs.

What I fail to understand is that despite being such an important connection (Nagpur and Bhopal are two commercially important cities) this road has always been a mess and nothing is being done about it
Fortunately, the government has awakened and this road will be going tobe 4-laned in coming years. This road is worst to drive in rains and huge jams add to that.
mercedised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 16:32   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 368 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Fortunately, the government has awakened and this road will be going tobe 4-laned in coming years
This sounds too good to be true! I would consider it no less than a miracle if the road is made motorable in its 2-lane avatar itself
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 16:59   #45
BHPian
 
nomadabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip

Here are some pics;

Roads from Nagpur to border are good as seen here

Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip-ngpbetul.jpg

If you look close enough you can see difference on tar right at the border;

Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip-borderpost.jpg

The road is fair till Betul from border

Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip-size.jpg

However, beware of the small bridges (known as puliya).
Normally, when such small bridges come, the road widens. However, on this route the road on bridges get narrow with space for only one truck to pass. Moreover they are not leveled and the road goes like a inverted hunch over these small bridges.
Cheapest solution MP Govt. has found is to raise a warning board before each of these traps, "Sankeerna Pulliya (narrow bridge)" which often results in such scenes;

Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip-truck.jpg

Further, the road around Hoshangabad has been pathetic since years. Space enough for a truck and car passing together with an inch of gap between them.
Moreover, one cannot think of getting vehicle down the road as it has irregularly cut off edges.

As you cross Hoshangabad railway crossing, till the time you cross the Narmada Bridge, you will have to enjoy humps given by each set of small but high speed breakers laid at every 50-100 meter distance.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal : Route Queries root Route / Travel Queries 41 23rd September 2017 14:05
Bhopal-Ajanta-Ellora-Mahabaleshwar-Konkan-Shirdi-Bhopal columbus Route / Travel Queries 28 6th October 2015 17:30
Hyderabad-Uttranchal-Himachal-Delhi-Hyderabad (5000kms Road Trip) mobike008 Route / Travel Queries 62 2nd December 2009 16:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks