Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 26th April 2017, 17:38   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Real torture /Pain in the unmentionable - Jhaṅsi - Gwalior (100km)

Seems they have abondoned 4 laning here.Cow dung placed on the diveder and what not

Took 3 hours to cover the last stretch
Did Bangalore-Delhi-Bangalore recently and Gwalior-Jhansi is actually abandoned. Plants have been growing on parts of unused carriageway. Took me 2 hours to cover 100 kms early in the morning.

Why don't people use the Narsinghpur to Nagpur via Seoni road? Is it bad? I too used the route via Chhindwara as it was suggested by Google. It was great, but still want to know why we don't prefer the 4-laned option.
black_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 19:42   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Why don't people use the Narsinghpur to Nagpur via Seoni road? Is it bad? I too used the route via Chhindwara as it was suggested by Google. It was great, but still want to know why we don't prefer the 4-laned option.
Two weeks back, I did the mistake of taking the Seoni route instead of Chhindwara route, the roads till the 4L stretch are good. Once we enter the forest area it is 2L and the road conditions turns to average/bad with potholes. Later there is a 25-30Kms stretch which is bad due to 4L construction. So, It would be better to avoid this route and take the 2L route via Chhindwara.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 11:24   #243
BHPian

People. Need an update on the Raipur/Bhilai -> Gwalior route and best way to bypass Nagpur. Need to be doing that ~850km drive by last light starting early morning at Raippur/Bhilai. Thanks in advance.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 11:22   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Two weeks back, I did the mistake of taking the Seoni route instead of Chhindwara route, the roads till the 4L stretch are good. Once we enter the forest area it is 2L and the road conditions turns to average/bad with potholes. Later there is a 25-30Kms stretch which is bad due to 4L construction. So, It would be better to avoid this route and take the 2L route via Chhindwara.
@arun_josie. While proceeding from Raipur, where should I turn towards Chhindwara? Is there a way of bypassing Nagpur?
Some detailed instructions would be a lifesaver. Trip within next few days.
Thanks in advance.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 22:07   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
@arun_josie. While proceeding from Raipur, where should I turn towards Chhindwara? Is there a way of bypassing Nagpur?
Some detailed instructions would be a lifesaver. Trip within next few days.
Thanks in advance.
If you want to bypass Nagpur, then you will have to take the Seoni route because Seoni routes joins on the ring road which bypasses Nagpur.

To take Chhindwara route, I think you will have to go through the Nagpur city. I am not sure if there is any alternate to it.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 10:57   #246
BHPian

I recently moved to hyderabad from delhi last month Did this on my skoda. Took the following route
Ghaziabad-Noida-Agra - excellent via yamuna Expressway.
Tip: If you are driving early hours, you can exit the expressway just after the agra toll and take the route to agra (two laned roads) and cross through the city). It crosses NH2. Otherwise go straight and take the ring road and enter agra from fatehabad road. This still goes through the city but bypasses major city portion.

Agra-Gwalior - Good road but will witness a lot of traffic during day time. At gwalior use the bypass excellent four laned road.
Gwalior - Jhansi - Lots of diversion. can maintain an average speed of 40-50 kmph.
Jhansi - Sagar - Narsinghpur Excellent four laned road
Narsinghpur - Chindwara - Nagpur Excellent 2 laned road. You will have to pass nagpur city (no bypass). Also number of tolls are less. Use chindwara bypass. Excellent 2 laned road.
Nagpur- Hinganghat - AdilabadExcellent road except for some small pathces and diversion after hinganghat till telangana border, ,but the road surface is good overall.
Adilabad - Hyderabad Excellent four laned road.

Just be aware there are not so good dhabas after hinganghat till adilabad.

just last week i went to delhi and back again. While going i took the same route but while returning took the seoni route. While the advantage of seoni route is i merged into nagpur bypass, the road conditions is really bad and should be avoided. Also when i merged into bypass i had to pay 3 toll of 100, 95, 100 within a span of 50-80 kms (this is because nh7, nh44, and some other nh merges here).
Attached Images

abbey4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 09:30   #247

Hi
if your Origin / destination in Delhi is towards South or West Delhi / Gurgaon, it is a better choice to take Delhi Mathura Agra Highway instead of the Yamuna Expressway. Firstly, you have the choice of taking this highway via Faridabad/ Sohna/ Manesar, depending on where you are starting from. This avoids the 45 min to 1 Hr which is spent in getting to greater NOIDA to join YE.
Second reason to take this route is that you can use the New Agra Bypass which saves you 1 Hr of time and a few KMs. The new bypass is shown on Google maps of you enlarge the map, but does not show up in the directions as given by google maps. The coordinates if you want to enter the entry exit points ( For a drive heading SOUTH)in your GPS manually are N 27 15 48.27 E77 48 45.32 on the Delhi side and N 27 03 59.18 e 77 58 37.96 on the Gwalior side. If your GPS has coordinates in the decimal format, it is N27.263408, E 77.812589 and N 27.066439,E77.977211 respectively.

Hope the Supreme court delivers its judgement on the Gwalior - Jhansi contract soon and work commences to repair the remaining bad link on this drive.
neerajsharma48 is offline   Reply With Quote