Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 30th July 2009, 23:54   #16
BHPian

To optimize the travel to Thekkady , Kumarakom and Munnar the following may help.

Day1. Leave early morning from Bangalore (4:00am) Hosur-Salem-Karur-Dindigul-Vattalagundu-Theni-Kambam-Thekkady (Kumily). You should be reaching Kumily by 3 or 4:00 pm. The right turn to Vattalgundu from Didigul is not properly marked now. May have to keep asking for Kodai route as soon as you are near Dindigul. Kodaikanal route is same as Vattalgundu route from there.
Stay at Kumily or nearby place.

Day2. Visit Thekkady next day morning. Have boat ride.
Afternoon, drive to Kottayam through KK road (Kottayam - Kumily road). Another option is to stay at Kuttikkanam.

Day3. Next day morning, reach Kumarakom - take a houseboat. Spend a day.

Day4. If you are interested, go to Cochin - Or drive through Kottayam-Muvattupuzha-Kothamangalam-Adimaly to Munnar. It takes 5 to 7 Hrs for a leasure drive. Stay at Munnar.

Day5. Visit Mattuppetti Dam, Kundala dam and top Station - Pack your lunch and enjoy it on the way.

Day 6. Visit Rajamala and other nearby places

Day 7: Start early morning though Marayoor-Udumalpettai-Bhavani-Mettur-Bangalore. This road is narrow for first 3 Hrs drive. Another option to drive through smooth road is - Devikulam-Pooppara-Bodinaykannur-Theni-Dindigul-Karur-Salem-Hosur-Bangalore.
bijuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 09:59   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore-Munnar trip - Sept end,Pls Help Plan

My Trip to Munnar has been finalised. I will be reaching on 3rd Oct by afternoon. Request help to plan my stay for 3 days. We will be there for 2 full days,i.e., 4th and 5th. So please help me plan local sight seeing on 3rd. Which are the places to visit on 4th and 5th?
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote