Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 28th August 2014, 22:28   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Mahabalipuram : Resort & Route

Hi All!

I am planning a quick trip from Bangalore to Mahabalipuram. I've a new Swift D’zire which clocked approx 3k Kms. What is the best route to reach Mahabalipuram and at what time I should start so that I can easily reach by 1 PM. Please suggest on this as I've no idea about the road condition.

I looked up the route in Google maps which listed Bangalore – Hosur – Krishnagiri – Vellore – Kanchipuram – Mahabalipuram (345 KM)

I am planning on this trip tomorrow, sorry for the short notice!
JohnyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 11:55   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyRider View Post
I looked up the route in Google maps which listed Bangalore – Hosur – Krishnagiri – Vellore – Kanchipuram – Mahabalipuram (345 KM)
I went Chennai couple of weeks back and followed the same ruote till Kanchipuram. Yes, the road is really good. After Kanchipuram, you need to take right. Few KMs (say 5-10 KMs) after the said right turn, the road is not that good. Overall its a good route.
musafir_blr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 12:05   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyRider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by musafir_blr View Post
I went Chennai couple of weeks back and followed the same ruote till Kanchipuram. Yes, the road is really good. After Kanchipuram, you need to take right. Few KMs (say 5-10 KMs) after the said right turn, the road is not that good. Overall its a good route.

In case Kanchi-Chengalpet is painful and crossing the town is difficult, you can also continue to Sriperumbdur. Take a U at Rajiv Gandhi Memorial, come back and take the road to Oragadam and there on to Singaperumal Kovil on the GST. The total detour is about 25km. But you can void Kanchi. (Now I dont how is the Oragadam-Singaperumal Kovil road status is. The road till Oragadam is decent. But expect traffic.

This is what I meant: Route Link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 12:40   #49
BHPian

Thanks Ampere & Musafir_blr, this is great information for first time visitors like me. I will keep this in mind(actually printed in paper ).
Old 29th August 2014, 22:34   #50
BHPian

One more option is the newly opened ORR from Nazarethpet (before Poonamalee flyover) which joins with Vandalur at NH45. Then join ECR using Vandalur - Kelambakkam - Kovalam road.
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 20:31   #51
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the help with the route. We had to make some last minute changes to the trip and the trip to Mahabalipuram was cancelled. I have made good use of the existing travelogues and drove to Yercaud.