Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2013, 14:18   #31
BHPian
 
bhavtol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Indore MP India
Posts: 64
Thanked: 32 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Any latest inputs on the route. I plan to go to Indore shortly.
If you are traveling from AHM to Indore - Please take the following Route

Ahemdabad - Balasinor NH59 4 laned
Balasinor - Godhara - Dahod - NH 59 4 laned

From Dahod - Meghnagar (Enter MP Border the road is extremely bad for 5 kms)

Meghnagar - Thandla - Petlawad - Badnagar - Ujjain - Two lane excellent road, though the 20+ kms from Meghnagar to Thandla are somewhat bad and confusing.

From Ujjain - Indore - Excellent 4 laned road.

This route is time saving and due to good traffic can be done 24x7.
CAUTION : After turning from Dahod for Meghnagar do not go to Petlavad directly. The route should be exactly - Meghnagar - Thandla and then Petlavad Else you would pass through jungle roads.

Also from the otherwise wholly 2 laned road experience this would be much more better, faster. You wont find good eateries in the major part of Road but Hotel Meghdoot at Ujjain is recommended and so are restaurants at Godhara/Dahod.
bhavtol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 20:53   #32
BHPian
 
princey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 139
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavtol View Post

If you are traveling from AHM to Indore - Please take the following Route

Ahemdabad - Balasinor NH59 4 laned
Balasinor - Godhara - Dahod - NH 59 4 laned

From Dahod - Meghnagar (Enter MP Border the road is extremely bad for 5 kms)

Meghnagar - Thandla - Petlawad - Badnagar - Ujjain - Two lane excellent road, though the 20+ kms from Meghnagar to Thandla are somewhat bad and confusing.

From Ujjain - Indore - Excellent 4 laned road.

This route is time saving and due to good traffic can be done 24x7.
CAUTION : After turning from Dahod for Meghnagar do not go to Petlavad directly. The route should be exactly - Meghnagar - Thandla and then Petlavad Else you would pass through jungle roads.

Also from the otherwise wholly 2 laned road experience this would be much more better, faster. You wont find good eateries in the major part of Road but Hotel Meghdoot at Ujjain is recommended and so are restaurants at Godhara/Dahod.
Thank you for the input.
Most appreciated. Planning to take the trip tomorrow. Regards
princey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 20:25   #33
BHPian
 
Mr.mitsuvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 147
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Hello everyone.
Bumping up this old thred.
I will be travelling to ahmedabad from Bhopal tomorrow morning, and have no idea about the current state of roads.

Anyone who has recently travelled from bhopal to ahmedabad or vice versa, kindly suggest the best route.
Mr.mitsuvolk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 21:29   #34
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,596
Thanked: 8,579 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Hello everyone.
Bumping up this old thred.
I will be travelling to ahmedabad from Bhopal tomorrow morning, and have no idea about the current state of roads.

Anyone who has recently travelled from bhopal to ahmedabad or vice versa, kindly suggest the best route.
Instead of taking the NH59 (bad condition), you can take the road via:
- Himmatnagar, Dungarpur Banswara, Ratlam, Badnawar, Ujjain, Dewas, Bhopal.
- Good roads almost all the way (but for some portions around Banswara)
- Route Link

- But please note the section around Banswara needs to driven in a convey (as I remember last). Please confirm that aspect.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 23:31   #35
BHPian
 
Mr.mitsuvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 147
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

- But please note the section around Banswara needs to driven in a convey (as I remember last). Please confirm that aspect.
Thanks for the prompt response
Do I need to worry about the Banswara section even if I travel during day time?
Mr.mitsuvolk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 07:38   #36
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,596
Thanked: 8,579 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Thanks for the prompt response
Do I need to worry about the Banswara section even if I travel during day time?
During day time it should be fine. Beyond Banwara towards Ratlam its OK. I dont know about Bansware-Dungarpur section. I think during day it should be fine. But lets just double check on that. (Have asked HVK to help).
Lets wait for his response.

Last edited by ampere : 1st October 2014 at 07:40.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 08:44   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
During day time it should be fine. Beyond Banwara towards Ratlam its OK. I dont know about Bansware-Dungarpur section. I think during day it should be fine. But lets just double check on that. (Have asked HVK to help).
Lets wait for his response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Thanks for the prompt response
Do I need to worry about the Banswara section even if I travel during day time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Instead of taking the NH59 (bad condition), you can take the road via:
- Himmatnagar, Dungarpur Banswara, Ratlam, Badnawar, Ujjain, Dewas, Bhopal.
- Good roads almost all the way (but for some portions around Banswara)
- Route Link

- But please note the section around Banswara needs to driven in a convey (as I remember last). Please confirm that aspect.
Unfortunately, roads around Banswara are bad towards Himmatnagar.

2 other options:

First, continue on NH59 via Jhabua till Petlavad to Badhnawar. Saves you some bad roads.
Second, to go via Halol, Alirajpur to Dhamnod which is a narrow jungle road normally good but could be rough in some sections post-monsoons.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 17:55   #38
BHPian
 
Mr.mitsuvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 147
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
During day time it should be fine. Beyond Banwara towards Ratlam its OK. I dont know about Bansware-Dungarpur section. I think during day it should be fine. But lets just double check on that. (Haver asked HVK to help).
Lets wait for his response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Unfortunately, roads around Banswara are bad towards Himmatnagar.

2 other options:

First, continue on NH59 via Jhabua till Petlavad to Badhnawar. Saves you some bad roads.
Second, to go via Halol, Alirajpur to Dhamnod which is a narrow jungle road normally good but could be rough in some sections post-monsoons.
Thanks alot Ampere sir and HVK sir.
I took the NH59 route i.e. Badhnawar-Petlawad-Thandla and then Dahod-Godhra-Balasinor and finally Ahmedabad.
The roads were really good, except for some very small rough patches.
I would advise other Bhpians to take this route without a second thought.

I would like to thank Ampere sir and HVK sir again for the help
Cheers
Mr.mitsuvolk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 22:08   #39
BHPian
 
ADI_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 116
Thanked: 61 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Thanks alot Ampere sir and HVK sir.
I took the NH59 route i.e. Badhnawar-Petlawad-Thandla and then Dahod-Godhra-Balasinor and finally Ahmedabad.
I am driving down from Vadodara to Bhopal next week, my query is if we need to take the road from Badnawar-Ujjain-Dewas-Bhopal or you need to go to Dewas Rd via Indore.
ADI_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 23:09   #40
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,596
Thanked: 8,579 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
I am driving down from Vadodara to Bhopal next week, my query is if we need to take the road from Badnawar-Ujjain-Dewas-Bhopal or you need to go to Dewas Rd via Indore.
I think Badnawar-Ujjain-Dewas is good road. No need to head to Indore, unless you have work.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 16:43   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 288
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
I am driving down from Vadodara to Bhopal next week, my query is if we need to take the road from Badnawar-Ujjain-Dewas-Bhopal or you need to go to Dewas Rd via Indore.
Vadodara - Godhra - Dahod - Pirak - Meghnagar-Thandla-Petlawad-badnawar-badnagar-Ujjain-devas bypass-Bhopal

Did above route in January first week. Excellent road through out. As far as i remember you don't need to enter meghnagar. Also just as you reach Ujjain do not enter into the city. Continue on Ujjain - Indore road for couple of kms and then take a left on a newly bulit cemented road. This cemented road is of 1 km and joins on the Ujjain Devas road where you take a right for Devas bypass.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 17:01   #42
BHPian
 
ADI_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 116
Thanked: 61 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Vadodara - Godhra - Dahod - Pirak - Meghnagar-Thandla-Petlawad-badnawar-badnagar-Ujjain-devas bypass-Bhopal

Also just as you reach Ujjain do not enter into the city. Continue on Ujjain - Indore road for couple of kms and then take a left on a newly bulit cemented road. This cemented road is of 1 km and joins on the Ujjain Devas road where you take a right for Devas bypass.
Thanks a lot Columbus, this finally clears all my doubts. I suppose I should be able to do this drive in about 8-9 hrs
ADI_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 23:38   #43
BHPian
 
Mr.mitsuvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 147
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
I am driving down from Vadodara to Bhopal next week, my query is if we need to take the road from Badnawar-Ujjain-Dewas-Bhopal or you need to go to Dewas Rd via Indore.
Sorry for the delayed reply.
As suggested by others, you should avoid going to Indore as it will waste a lot of your time.
All the best for your journey.
Drive safe
Mr.mitsuvolk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 12:54   #44
BHPian
 
ADI_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 116
Thanked: 61 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Dear All

Just back from my M.P trip, as suggested by Columbus I had taken the Vadodara-Halol-Dahod-Petlawad-Badnawar-Barnagar-Ujjain-Dewas Rd-Bhopal. This is a good country road with minimal traffic, did this drive in 9 hrs. While returning back came to Ahmedabad took the right turn after Godhra towards Balasinor-A'bad ring road. The return drive took me 10 hrs.

As of now this remains the best road from Ahmedabad to Indore/Bhopal
Posting some scenic shots of the road
Attached Thumbnails
Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries-001.png  

Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries-002.png  

Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries-004.jpg  

ADI_77 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 12:29   #45
BHPian
 
rkhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 89
Thanked: 109 Times
Default re: Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Vadodara - Godhra - Dahod - Pirak - Meghnagar-Thandla-Petlawad-badnawar-badnagar-Ujjain-devas bypass-Bhopal

Did above route in January first week. Excellent road through out. As far as i remember you don't need to enter meghnagar. Also just as you reach Ujjain do not enter into the city. Continue on Ujjain - Indore road for couple of kms and then take a left on a newly bulit cemented road. This cemented road is of 1 km and joins on the Ujjain Devas road where you take a right for Devas bypass.
1. can you share exact lat long of the 1km road in Ujjain? Is that 4 lane road that passes near Ujjain Engineering College?

2. Meghnagar to Petlawad, do we take right turn 1 kms before Meghnagar. The yellow state highway as in GMaps?

3. Also, any Information on Jhabua Dhar road? as per my info its almost complete now and can be taken to come till Pithampur. From There Indore Bypass - Dewas (Normally I avoid taking Dewas Bypass while coming from / going to Indore)- Bhopal

Last edited by rkhare : 5th April 2015 at 12:44.
rkhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyderabad to Indore : Route Queries rahul_intlad Route / Travel Queries 97 27th November 2017 23:01
Pune - Indore : Route Queries ptushar Route / Travel Queries 246 12th November 2017 20:17
Pune - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Jaipur - Mt. Abu - Mumbai : Route Queries RX135 Route / Travel Queries 86 15th August 2017 18:28
Bangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad : Route Queries bkbkr1212 Route / Travel Queries 66 2nd March 2017 17:31
Ahmedabad-Indore-Nagpur-Gopalpur (Odisha) TaureanBull Route / Travel Queries 31 26th March 2016 10:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks