Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 11th December 2010, 16:26   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Query to Chennai BHPians about travel to Sriperumbudur & nearby accomodation

San Thome > Church, Mylapore > kapaleswarer Temple, Marina > Beach then, newely built Express Avenue Mall , Semolizi Poonga, Assembly Hall, plus time permits, for colourfull entertainment Queen Maris Ladies college near Marian beach.
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 12:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Query to Chennai BHPians about travel to Sriperumbudur & nearby accomodation

Chennai folks, need your help once again.

One of my friends is visiting Chennai [with wife and son] for a visa appointment at the US consulate on Aug 12, and is looking for hotel accommodation in nearby areas. His budget is around Rs.3500 - Rs.4000 for a 1 night stay.

I suggested the following hotels to him, from what I remembered of my days in Chennai a few years ago: Hotel Savera on Cathedral Road, Nilgiris Nest on Cathedral Road, Mowbrays Inn on TTK Road, Hotel Palmgrove on Kodambakkam High Road [near Komalas], Hotel Residency on GN Chetty Road, GRT Grand & Residency Towers near the start of Pondy Bazaar [on the Anna Salai side].

Will he be able to get a double room in any of these hotels for the amount mentioned above? If not, could you please suggest any other options? Also, how much would it cost to travel by call-taxi from the Airport to Gemini Circle [approx]?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 27th July 2011 at 12:05.
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 13:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
One of my friends is visiting Chennai [with wife and son] for a visa appointment at the US consulate on Aug 12, and is looking for hotel accommodation in nearby areas. His budget is around Rs.3500 - Rs.4000 for a 1 night stay.

I suggested the following hotels to him, from what I remembered of my days in Chennai a few years ago: Hotel Savera on Cathedral Road, Nilgiris Nest on Cathedral Road, Mowbrays Inn on TTK Road, Hotel Palmgrove on Kodambakkam High Road [near Komalas], Hotel Residency on GN Chetty Road, GRT Grand & Residency Towers near the start of Pondy Bazaar [on the Anna Salai side].
GRT and Residency group are good ones, but I doubt those would be under 4K. Same would apply to big ticket hotels within 2-3 kms from Consulate. Palmgrove is the nearest, infact walkable distance. DeeCee Manor on GN Chetty Road. Maris, President on Cathedral Road to name a few. If he really wants big ticket ones, Park would be best. Its right across the consulate. But again it is 5K+

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
how much would it cost to travel by call-taxi from the Airport to Gemini Circle [approx]?
Consulate is about 15 kms from Airport. Should cost him 300 or 400 max. On flat rate, I paid 250 from T.Nagar to Airport.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 13:52   #19
BHPian

Try Hotel Spring, it is renewed recently and should fall within budget.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 14:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

I think Palmgrove, Maris and Spring are the best options for my friend, considering their location and his budget. Now to see if accommodation is available for the date of his travel.

Thanks a lot for your prompt replies narayans80 and CliffHanger!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote