Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2011, 23:12   #16
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 591
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

Thanks for this thread. Did Mumbai, Pune, Indapur Pandurpur and returned via Phatlan, Lonand, Saswad - Narayanpur- Mumbai

Lot of traffic snarls due to the 4 laning of Pune -Sholapur road till Indapur but Indapur Pandarpur was a breeze. Phatlan Lonand road is undergoing 4 laning as well but the flow was pretty smooth. The road though has many rough patches, but the driver was able to do 60-80 consistently.
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 07:53   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 189
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

Bumping up this thread, request an update on road conditions and preferred routes.

I am planning to travel this weekend - 8th Jun, will be starting from Pune. Am thinking of planning it as a day trip, do let me know if this would be advisable (not sure of the rush at pandharpur currently). Have a couple of Sr. Citizens with me, what are places to stop en-route.

thanks.
cyberwhizs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 09:07   #18
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,595
Thanked: 8,570 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Bumping up this thread, request an update on road conditions and preferred routes.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...erabad-17.html

You should drive on NH9 till Indapur. Its good. May be then you can exit out.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 11:44   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,610
Thanked: 1,719 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Bumping up this thread, request an update on road conditions and preferred routes.

I am planning to travel this weekend - 8th Jun, will be starting from Pune. Am thinking of planning it as a day trip, do let me know if this would be advisable (not sure of the rush at pandharpur currently). Have a couple of Sr. Citizens with me, what are places to stop en-route.

thanks.
Take the Pune-Satara-Mhaswad-Pandharpur route.NH9 is a mess beyond Indapur.You would waste time.

Pune-Satara:1.5hr
Satara-Ppur:2.5hrs

Easily doable as a one day trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...erabad-17.html

You should drive on NH9 till Indapur. Its good. May be then you can exit out.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 12:16   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 189
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

Thanks ampere and ranjit.

I have done mumbai-pandharpur via satara mhaswad previously, more than a year ago. At that point in time the roads in the satara - pandharpur section was a mixed bag - broken tarmac which kept the average speeds to around 45-50 kmph - pretty low. If i remember correctly it took me around 2.5 hours when going and more than 3.5 hours while coming back and there are absolutely no facilities (not even fuel pumps) on that road.

This time i am traveling with a couple of Sr Citizens i.e. my parents and i would require pit stops en-route and hence not too keen on the satara-mhaswad route. If i travel by NH9, the roads till indapur should be fine (4 lanes), the problem areas would be between indapur and themburni or would it be all the way till pandharpur?

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 5th June 2013 at 12:18.
cyberwhizs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 12:23   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,595
Thanked: 8,570 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
NH9 is a mess beyond Indapur.You would waste time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Thanks ampere and ranjit.

I have done mumbai-pandharpur via satara mhaswad previously, more than a year ago. At that point in time the roads in the satara - pandharpur section was a mixed bag - broken tarmac which kept the average speeds to around 45-50 kmph - pretty low. If i remember correctly it took me around 2.5 hours when going and more than 3.5 hours while coming back and there are absolutely no facilities (not even fuel pumps) on that road.
Thats why I suggested to exit out at Indapur and try taking interior roads (Though I have no idea). If the mess is only on NH9, as you suggest, how bad is it from Indapur to Tembhurni ? So if the SH is in decent condition, the bad section gets restricted only from Indapur to Tembhurni.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 12:49   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 189
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats why I suggested to exit out at Indapur and try taking interior roads (Though I have no idea). If the mess is only on NH9, as you suggest, how bad is it from Indapur to Tembhurni ? So if the SH is in decent condition, the bad section gets restricted only from Indapur to Tembhurni.
That's question i was hoping to get an answer to , how good or bad is it from indapur to themburni to pandharpur. SH in maharashtra are mixed bag sometimes excellent and sometimes not so good (mainly dense town traffic) hence want to be forewarned before venturing into unfamiliar territory.

Also if there any specific recommended pit-stops on NH9/pandharpur it will be helpful. Thanks.
cyberwhizs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 11:59   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 98
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

Has anyone done this route recently? Any feedback / recommendations?

I'm planning to do Pune - Nira Narsingpur - Pandharpur - Pune route.
vineet_k21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 16:19   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,610
Thanked: 1,719 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Has anyone done this route recently? Any feedback / recommendations?

I'm planning to do Pune - Nira Narsingpur - Pandharpur - Pune route.
Unless you dont have a specific reason to go to Nira,I would suggest that yoy take the NH9 till Mohol and then turn right onto the tolled road to Pandharpur.4laned all the way till Mohol from Pune.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 18:00   #25
BHPian
 
siedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 123
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

Guys any update on the shirval phaltan route about 4 laning ? will be travelling to pandharpur from pune this weekend .
had to take this route as we are planning to visit balaji mandir & ekmukhi datta mandir at narayanpur enroute.
siedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 20:37   #26
BHPian
 
shreeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 271
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

ranjitp1: Is it better to turn off from NH9 at Indapur or Tembhurni or Mohol (or any other) when going to Pandharpur from Pune?
shreeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 11:35   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,610
Thanked: 1,719 Times
Default Re: Pune -> Pandarpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
ranjitp1: Is it better to turn off from NH9 at Indapur or Tembhurni or Mohol (or any other) when going to Pandharpur from Pune?
I have always taken the Mohol turning,so I do not know of the conditions of the Temburni and Indapur roads to Pandharpur.You could possibly check at Indapur with the local rickshaw drivers on the road condition.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update Needed : Sholapur- Pandarpur-Satara-Panchagani-Mahabaleshwar mobike008 Route / Travel Queries 109 12th December 2011 23:36
Pune-Belgaum-Haliyal-Mapusa-Savantwadi-Kolhapur-Pune planning coolname218 Route / Travel Queries 8 12th December 2011 04:52
Pune-Mahabaleshwar-Pune in my Fiat. karlosdeville Travelogues 51 19th October 2007 10:35
hyderabad tuljapur pandarpur shirdi route balakrishnanpk Route / Travel Queries 1 11th October 2007 16:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks