Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 28th September 2009, 17:24   #1
Default Pune - Saputara - Vadodara Route ??

I would be driving to Vadodara from Pune. I usually take Pune-Mumbai-Vadodara route but this time thought it would be a good idea to have a detour and visit Saputara on the way.

I have never been to Nashik side and then to Saputara road. Any idea what is the ideal route? I would be travelling with my grand parents and wife + kid.

From google maps I could find two routes :
1) Pune - Nashik - Jaikhera - Bhanwad - Saputara --- seems to be a shorter route but state/taluka road
2) Pune - Nashik - Ozhar - Chandwad - Devala -Satna - Tahrabad - Ahwa -Saputara --- Seems to be a longer route but a better road from google maps.
3) Pune - Nashik - Basegaon - Peint - Nachankhadak - Kaprada - Chiol - Dharampur - Bansada - Saputara --- seems to be state highway.

Anyone visited that side of country in near past?
Which route?
How is the road condition?

I would starting Pune at 4am and planning to reach there by 10 or 11am.
advaitlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 23:43   #2

I have driven Vadodara, daboi , saputara, nasic - pune last march on a Gypsy. Very scenic road. some bit of the road wasnt good. Over all it was a memorable experience.
Check the present road condition.because you travelling with elderly people.
gonewithwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 15:36   #3
Default Re: Pune - Saputara - Vadodara Route ??

How is the Surat - Saputara stretch these days? Plan to spend the coming weekend at Saputara. Driving from Vadodara.

Cheers, Sameer
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 08:03   #4
Default Re: Pune - Saputara - Vadodara Route ??

I know the entire Marathwada region including few parts of Gujarat like Saputara are a blessing during Mansoon. But how about going to Saputara during Winter? Say around end of January. Will that be a good bet?
BeingCynical is offline   Reply With Quote