Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th March 2016, 17:21   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Need Suggestions - Vacation in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta1.6 View Post
Only criteria is the place shouldn't be too hot and humid considering it is a peak summer.
Any beach location will be humid.

Quote:
I am looking for a different location than the usual one. Need help from all you guys to plan this trip. We have already covered entire konkan, all places near Pune, all places between
Is Goa included in your list of entire Konkan covered? Even if yes, does not matter. One awesome place which is alive. You may want to look at it (again!). Evenings are always fun.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 12:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
If this kind of thing interests you guys, how about the Lonar crater lake?

Not only is it the only known impact crater in basalt rock on the whole earth but it has also many ancient temples around and near it.Check out the wiki link for photos of temples.

It has been know to us since ancient times (oldest reference - Skanda Puran)
Imagine which all mythological and historic people have been there! For all you know you might end up standing exactly in the same place where Shivaji himself stood (or at a stretch of imagination even Lord Ram! Actually not that far fetched considering Ram, Sita Laxman have been known to have stayed at Panchavati, Nashik. Also Lonar would have been part of Dandakaranya)

Pune - Lonar ~381M (as per google maps)
MTDC Lonar resort seems to have a reasonably high rating. Google should help you out with other options

Disclaimer: I have personally not been here but it is on my todo list for quite some time.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have already been to Lonar this December. Plus there is nothing much to see around except Ellora, Ajantha which we have covered lot of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
Lonar is a good suggestion if upwards of 38 degrees weather is ok with you. MTDC there has closed down, according to google. Moreover, during Shivaji and Ram's era, I'm sure summers were more pleasant.
It's on my bucket list too.. just not in summer. Go towards the sea.. Ganpatipule or thereabouts.
Thank you for the suggestion. We have covered Ganpatipule number of times and it will humid towards sea in those days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
For a Pune Guy, Obvious choice will be Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar.

This trip will be particularly exciting for the family as you can visit Strawberry orchards and eat freshly pluck strawberries.
Thank you for the suggestion but again Panchagani and Mahabaleshwar are covered number of times as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Any beach location will be humid.

Is Goa included in your list of entire Konkan covered? Even if yes, does not matter. One awesome place which is alive. You may want to look at it (again!). Evenings are always fun.
Thank you for the suggestion and I haven't been to Goa. Will that be too humid as my experience with beach in summer is always humid.
fiesta1.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 12:30   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta1.6 View Post
Thank you for the suggestion and I haven't been to Goa. Will that be too humid as my experience with beach in summer is always humid.
I think Goa inspite of humidity is fun. Laze in a hotel pool during the day and enjoy the beach in the evenings! Its all about chilling. I was once there during May and absolutely enjoyed the whole period of stay.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote