Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Closed Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 18:55   #1
Default Bangalore Hubli road condition

I am planning to visit Hubli with family this month end and planning to travel by Alto. Though I have travelled via NH4 to Hubli innumerable times via bus / train, this is the first time I will be driving to Hubli and incidentally my first long drive. By what I get from various threads is the road conditions till Chitradurga are good and not so good after that.

1. How are the road conditions after the last week's rains / floods especially after Chitradurga?
2. Any pointers / suggestions considering I will be driving on this route for the first time?

I am planning to leave Bangalore early morning at around 6 am and reach Hubli by evening.
Old 8th October 2009, 20:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Roads are not that bad. Except a few diversions, the rest is ok. Just make sure you drive carefully on sections that dont have road markings. There are sudden changes in road height which can unsettle the car at high speeds.

Old 8th October 2009, 20:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at this thread

Recent posts discuss a lot on the stretch between Chitradurga and Haveri
Old 8th October 2009, 20:22   #4
Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Best time to travel the Chitradurga-Haveri stretch is during day time. You should be able to average around 50kmph on this section, but be prepared for sudden bad sections. I just got to hear that with the recent rains, the roads have only gone bad. After traveling twice to Hubli and back last month, I am dreading having to take the same route again next week.
Old 8th October 2009, 22:10   #5

Hi there,

Last month, I had driven from Goa to Pondicherry, a stretch that included the Hubli-Bangalore highway. In case you'd like to read the detailed travelogue of my trip, please check the following link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1487755 (Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore - Pondicherry)

Closed Thread