Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 17th October 2009, 12:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Kannur-Trivandrum-kanyakumari-Madurai

Hai guys
Planning to drive from Kannur to Madurai via Thrissur, Chengannur, Trivandrum, Kanyakumari (I know the route from Trivandrum to Kanyakumari), then finally Madurai.
Return From Madurai to Kannur (not necessary to come back same route but prefer some short route)

Can anyone guide the routings, important places/temples to visit and
recommended hotels to stay (for 4 people).

Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 21:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you are visiting Madurai, I assume this is a pilgrimage?

There is a thread somewhere here about alternative places / beaches around Kovalam.

There si an excellent travelouge on places in KK district.

Here is a suggestion - start from Kannur so as to reach Guruvayoor around 5 PM. (or 3 AM - if night driving is not a problem). The temple would not be crowded in late evenings, or you can have an early morning Darshan.

Do not take the MC road. From Guruvayoor, take NH 17 to Edapally and take NH 47 from there on. MC road is a pain after Muvuttupuzha. (Somebody, please confirm this).

Budget for a 3 hour drive from TVM to KK, if you are driving during day time.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 14:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

On 4/5th October, 2009, I drove to Guruvayoor (first trip after taking delivery of my new car).
Trivandrum to Kanyakumari - I know the route and places (I been there in kk many times).
I think after kk one has to come back to Nagercoil then change direction to Tirunelvely, madurai? or any other route direct from KK (any new route?)
Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote