Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th April 2013, 15:31   #16

Default Re: Urgent: Delhi-Nainital-Binsar route and fooding information

plan to travel by road from mumbai to nainital by road ..anyone on the latest raod conditions and any helpful tips plse ??

Thanks charul
charulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 17:15   #17
BHPian

I drove from surat to Munsiyari last month and here's the update on road conditions
Surat-Chittorgarh-Excellent (except udaipur bypass)
Chittorgarh-Kishangarh: GOod except some patches in between where they have not done proper levelling, so cant drive too fast.
Kishangarh-Jaipur:Good six lane road(so called expressway) with heavy traffic
From Jaipur i went through Agra (though approx 150 kms long but clear road, no jams, devoid of traffic. Also wanted to drive on Yamuna EW)
Jaipur-Agra: Excellent four lane
Agra- Noida: Yamuna Expressway; Certainly the best road in india
Noida-Gajraula-Moradabad bypass-Rampur: Good
Rampur-Bilaspur (27kms): Bad road starts, frequent potholes
BIlaspur-UP-Uttarakhan border (13 kms)-Pathetic number of potholes with no roads for kms at a stretch
UP/Uttarakahnd border-Rudrapur-Haldwani-Nainital: Excellent road

Some people also take moradabad-Tanda-Bazpur-Kaladunghi -Nainital road but sincei passed this section after sundown i opted for the main highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charulda View Post
plan to travel by road from mumbai to nainital by road ..anyone on the latest raod conditions and any helpful tips plse ??

Thanks charul
dave7377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 10:33   #18

Just came back from a Binsar Valley trip. Had stayed at Club Mahindra. Started the journey from haldwani and it took us about 5:30 hrs to reach Club Mahindra Binsar Valley (includes an half n hour stop for lunch). The roads are pretty decent and the views are very nice. When the weather gets cloudy the views are that much more spectacular. Overall a nice trip. Staying at club mahindra was very comfortable and pleasant. You can view my video on club mahindra here:

rohittk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 08:19   #19
BHPian

Default Delhi to Binsar by road...updated info required...

Hi,
Am planning to drive from New Delhi to Binsar (Club Mahindra Resort) early next month (April, start 7th and return 11th).
Any uptodate information about the road,traffic and driving conditions will be much appreciated.
Had initially planned to take the Shatabdi, however a change of plans requires us to travel on thursday, the only day the shatabdi doesn't run.
docsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 21:36   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Delhi to Binsar by road...updated info required...

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsr View Post
Hi,
Am planning to drive from New Delhi to Binsar (Club Mahindra Resort) early next month (April, start 7th and return 11th).
Any uptodate information about the road,traffic and driving conditions will be much appreciated.
Had initially planned to take the Shatabdi, however a change of plans requires us to travel on thursday, the only day the shatabdi doesn't run.
You can check the below thread,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ueries-15.html (Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries)

This is the most recommended route, Hapur-Gajraula-Moradabad-Rampur-Suar-Bazpur-Kaladhungi-Nainital ( or) Kaladhungi-Haldwani-Nainital(this is a longer route)
arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:32   #21
BHPian

Default Re: Delhi-Nainital-Binsar route and fooding information

Hey Guys, I am planning a road trip to Ranikhet from Delhi.
Please suggest the route I should be taking?

Google map suggests -> Hapur, Moradabad, Kashipur, Ramangar, Muhan ranikhet.

Is this a good route to take?
ank.nsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 14:10   #22
BHPian

Default Re: Delhi-Nainital-Binsar route and fooding information

Hi, bumping this thread.

I am planning to do Delhi-Jim Corbett on 22nd Nov with my parents, spouse and 1.5 yr old daughter. To beat the weekday traffic, planning to start at 6am from Dashrathpuri. Any advice on the route conditions? And also, where is the best place to have good Veg breakfast?
narsi_6989 is offline   Reply With Quote