| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|19th October 2009, 16:10||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Blr -> Hyderabad
Thanked: 2 Times
Suggestion for 15 days driving trip during Dec/Jan - Himachal or Sikkim
We are planning for a long trip either to Kinnaur/Spiti or Sikkim. We have decided to leave Hyderabad either on 18th or 23rd Dec for a 15 days trip.
If its Kinnaur, we will be driving upto Chandigarh or shimla non stop & from there our actual sight seeing will start.
If its Sikkim, then it will be upto Siliguri.
Vehicle - Scorpio,
Few questions I have are,
1. During Dec/Jan can we drive to Kinnaur, I read its a all weather road, But any concerns about landslides, etc.
2. Suggestions on places to stay.
3. Best route to be taken.
4. Sikkim - is there any security concern as I read lot of troop movement because of chinese incursions.
5. Taking my 7yr old daughter for this trip. Can she bear severe cold.
6. Any other place other than these 2, We have already covered Uttaranchal during same period & ladakh, Srinagar.
Guys need your help to plan. As always, hope hvkumar sir will be the major contributor for this trip planning.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Yuksom, West Sikkim - Drive to the birthplace of Sikkim||PointZero||Travelogues||14||16th June 2016 22:17|
|Suggestion Required 7-8 Days Trip To south||amitbjha||Route / Travel Queries||4||31st May 2011 12:05|
|Bangalore - Mysore (21st Dec-24th Dec) in our '06 Civic!||suhaas307||Travelogues||9||27th December 2009 18:36|