Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 19th October 2009, 22:12   #1
ksm

Question Hyderabad to Shirdi

I am planning for a trip from Hyderabad to Shirdi by road on a Tavera. The age group of the tourists range from 1.5 yrs (my little boy) to 74 yrs. (my aunt). We plan to start Friday evening using the following route

Hyderabad - Lingampalli - Sadasivpet - Zahirabad - Humnabad - Basavakalyan - Nilanga - Latur - Ambejogai - Wadhwani - Pimpalner - Harigaon - Shirdi. This route I picked up from internet and says the distance is 570 KMS.

I would like to know if this route is safe for a overnight travel? and the condition of the roads as well. Are there many toll gates in between? Is there an alternate better route apart from this and the Solapur route?

Last time when we went to Shirdi we went through Nizamabad - Basar way and thought it was not the right route to travel both in terms of distance and the road condition.

Your advice at the earliest will be lots of help.
ksm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 10:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

There is already a thread running on this query.Please refer to this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ad-shirdi.html (Hyderabad to shirdi)
ranjitp1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 14:19   #3
ksm

Thanks for the link. I could not find a related route that I was looking for so posted the thread again.
ksm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 16:22   #4
BHPian

Safest route with family and if it day or night and in terms of good road then Sholapur Temburni Ahmednagar route is good.Jamked Boom route to be avoided in the night.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote