Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th May 2017, 16:43   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Lucknow to Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi,

kindly share updates for Mumbai - Lucknow best route. thanks.
I recently travelled to Lucknow from Mumbai. I took Mumbai - Nashik - Dhule - Indore route up to Indore and then after night halt at Indore took Dewas - Bhopal - Sanchi - Vidisha - Sagar - Chhatarpur - Mahoba - Kanpur - Lucknow route.

Mumbai to Indore is all 4 lane and takes about 10 hours to cover approx 600 kms. Indore to Lucknow it took me about 14 hours to cover nearly 800 + kms. Indore Bhopal road is good and after that from Bhopal to Kanpur its single/double lane without divider with some bad patches. But there is very little traffic in MP so its a cruise. Only thing is that you don't get any proper eateries / toilets on the route and its advisable to stop in cities like Vidisha, Sagar or Chhatarpur. Good thing is that there is no toll between Bhopal and Mahoba.

On return, I took Lucknow - Kanpur - Jhansi - Shivpuri - Baran - Jhalawar - Ujjain - Indore route which is much faster that Bhopal - Mahoba - Kanpur route. Lucknow to Baran its NH-27 so you can cruise but from Baran to Ujjain its Single/double lane road without divider but you still pay tolls. I paid about Rs.1650/- as toll on this route and while going I had to shell out about 1050/- as toll. Lucknow to Indore via Rajasthan is about 900 kms but it took us only 13 hours.

However the best route to Lucknow from Mumbai is via Surat - Baroda - Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Kota - Jhansi - Kanpur. You drive NH-27 which is part of East - West corridor from Lucknow to Udaipur and then you join Jaipur - Mumbai Road. This route may be a little longer but you get to drive on 4 lane and better road.
ashtrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 16:46   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Lucknow to Mumbai

Also just for information Diesel is most expensive in Madhya Pradesh. Its about Rs. 65/- per liter in MP while in UP it was about Rs.58/- per liter. In Maharashtra it was about 60 or 61 rupees a liter. So plan accordingly. Best wishes!
ashtrix is offline   Reply With Quote