Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 25th November 2016, 04:20   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Karaikal : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I was told they are planning for some toll booth, but not very sure.
Yes Its there in h14's update where he mentions about a toll booth being built. Not sure if there is another on the Veppur-Vriddachalam section as well.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2016, 10:30   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Yes Its there in h14's update where he mentions about a toll booth being built. Not sure if there is another on the Veppur-Vriddachalam section as well.
The toll booth is between Thalaivasal and Veppur. Its not functional yet but the construction is complete. And the markers for NH532 is very prominent along this road. And I think its a fantastic option for Chidamabram. In fact at the 4-lane exit, they actually mention Chidambaram. The road is a black top as of today end to end with all the markers in place.

What it saves you from:

- Getting into Ulundurpet town
- Bumpy Uludurpet-Mangalampetai-Vridhachalam section
- Wading through Vridhachalam town

The highway directly takes you to the bypass which ever way you want to head to; Chidambaram or Jayamkondan.

Last edited by ampere : 16th December 2016 at 12:22.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2016, 18:21   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Am planning to travel to Thirunallar from Bangalore this weekend. Anything I should be aware of? Is a Saturday-Sunday trip doable? Going on Saturday and coming back just the next day?

TIA!!!
Hello Sir.

Did you do the trip to Thirunallar, as planned?

The reason I ask is, I am planning to drive to Thirunallar this Friday morning (Dec 23rd), go to Saneeswara Temple on Saturday and return to Bangalore on Saturday. So I want to know

1. What is the best route?
2. Road Conditions?
3. Was it to hectic to do up and down in 2 days.

Appreciate your feedback.
iamnarayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2016, 19:59   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
1. What is the best route?
Bangalore-Salem-Thalaivasal-Veppur-Vridhachalam bypass - Jayamkondan- T Palur - Kumbakonam Bypass - Kollumangudi - Karaikal.

Basically go till Salem; take the Uludurpet 4-lane; go till Thalaivasal, exit to take NH532; go all the way till Vridhachalam bypass; take the road to Jayamkondan and reach Kumbakonam via T Palur.

Be on the Kumbakonam bypass and trace through to the Karaikal road exit.

Quote:
2. Road Conditions?
Super awesome all the way. (At least till Kollumangudi; the place where you cut Mayavaram-Thiruvarur SH).

Quote:
3. Was it to hectic to do up and down in 2 days.
If you start by 4 in the morning, you can make it to Kumbakonam by 9:30/10 and to Karaikal by 12. Finish you darshan by evening and return the next day. You can do a morning darshan also and start by 11 to be back in Bangalore by 7/8.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote