Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 19th November 2013, 11:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Need help regarding accomodation in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Your suggestions are welcome.
Check out the Youth Hostels of India website.

http://yhaindia.org/

If they have a hostel in Mumbai, you can become a member for a nominal fee and then book it subject to availability of accommodation.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 18:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Need help regarding accomodation in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
You can look at airbnb.com, search for Mumbai. There are lots of people renting out an extra bedroom from their homes. Might be a safe and cheap option for the girls in your group.
I did find a nice place in Airbnb, but no reply from the host. Thanks for the lead. Hope the host will get back to us. Any other suggestions? Currently I am also in touch with lalco residency. They seem to offer a decent price but the airbnb one was much better.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 20:28   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Accommodation in Mumbai & Pune

Check this one out. http://www.tuliplivingsolutions.com/...ing_Powai.aspx

I am not sure if they charge per person or per room, but you can enquire.

Good Luck!!!
sukhoi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 13:14   #19

With the eastern freeway being opened up, Chembur/govandi/deonar is a good place for tourists to stay in Mumbai. If you have your own Car, travel time into the city would not even be 20mins. And there are quite a few reasonable hotels/ lodges in chembur/deonar. Hotel Annapurna, Hotel ornament are good. Rates would vary between Rs1200-2000 which i feel is reasonable in Mumbai-standards.
pokerface23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 20:05   #20
BHPian

Could anyone give suggestions on booking hotel in Mumbai preferably in Grant road area or in close proximity to Grant road. I have already seen Krishna Palace and Best western Sahil and have no idea about these hotels but are demanding 6k/night which i think is a little expensive as we need 2 rooms. Mumbai Bhpians please suggest. Arriving mumbai on 28th May for 3 nights.
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 11:39   #21
BHPian

Default Good hotel for 1 night stay near Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

I am looking for hotel suggestions for a one night stay near Mumbai international airport.

My mom and her friend are traveling to Auckland later this month and as usual 4 people are going to send off 2 people. 😂 The flight is at 1am and we don't want to travel back to Pune at night. So I am looking for a good hotel preferably with airport transfers. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.
luvDriving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 11:43   #22
BHPian

Default Re: Good hotel for 1 night stay near Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Search for oyo rooms there are quite a few boards on the adjacent hotels. They usually are a good deal for affordable stays.
Dicky_GT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 13:04   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Re: Good hotel for 1 night stay near Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

I assume, if the flight is at 1 AM, then you must be leaving by 10.30 - 11 PM after waving good-bye to your relatives. You can drive to Kharghar - Panvel and look for OyO rooms which are available right on Sion-Panvel highway. This has 3 benefits.

1. Traffic will be less to drive to Kharghar from the airport at night.
2. Rooms will be available cheaper.
3. In the morning, you need not face Mumbai traffic. Directly take the expressway for Pune.
vinit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 14:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
You can drive to Kharghar - Panvel and look for OyO rooms which are available right on Sion-Panvel highway.
Yes, that makes sense. From airport to Kharghar it should not take more than an hour when there is less traffic. You can explore the following options ..

Hotel Yogi Executive - Vashi
Hotel Ibis - Turbhe
Royal Tulip - Kharghar
Hotel Three Star - Kharghar
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote