| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|2nd November 2009, 09:55||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2004
Thanked: 0 Times
Himachal trip in January
I am planning a trip from Mumbai - Delhi (Auto Expo 2010) - Himachal - Mumbai
I don't have much idea about which roads will be accessible by Mid-January but I want to visit Dalhausi, Dharamshala side.
Leaving from mumbai around 3/4/5 Jan
Car: Mahindra Xylo / Indigo Manza
5 People. (4 in case of Manza)
5000 Kms. Aprox.
15 Days Aprox.
I want to know if its possible for not very experienced (in himalayan driving) but good & safe drivers to reach there.
If not please suggest alternative spots
Uttarakhand is done many times. (in all seasons)
Shimla Kullu Manali is done once. (In summer)
|2nd November 2009, 10:55||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanked: 1,051 Times
1. Hill driving wouldnt be a problem since you mentioned that the drivers are safe and good. Just keep the hill driving etiquette in mind. For more read here
2. For Dalhousie the best route in my opinion would be to reach Pathankot on NH1A and then take a right for Dalhousie.
3. For Dharamshala the best route IMO would be Delhi-Ambala-Kharar-Ropar-Kiratpur- nangal-Una-Amb-Chintpurni-Kangra-Dharamshala
4. All roads will be accessible.
4. For more information you can read my travelogue on Dharamshala here (A Family Holiday In The Kangra Valley)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|At last Himachal trip planned...Please help me guys!!||CorsaLove||Route / Travel Queries||30||23rd February 2011 16:21|
|Delhi-Himachal road trip over Holi Weekend - Safety Issue||lordofgondor||Route / Travel Queries||14||26th February 2010 20:11|
|Hyderabad-Uttranchal-Himachal-Delhi-Hyderabad (5000kms Road Trip)||mobike008||Route / Travel Queries||62||2nd December 2009 16:07|
|Suggestion for 15 days driving trip during Dec/Jan - Himachal or Sikkim||Tiger||Route / Travel Queries||0||19th October 2009 16:10|