Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 2nd December 2009, 15:40   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
T

My hotel bookings in Shimla, Manali and Narkhanda is confirmed.

Though i am disheartened that my original plan has not materialized but i am happy that atleast i will get to put up my feet and absorb the beauty of Himachal during this much deserved vacation.

Thanks to everyone who contributed on this thread. It'll help if someone can point me to a hotel in tirthan valley as that is the only missing link.
Its off season. So do not worry about hotels. Just head towards Sai Ropa, and put up in any of the hotels. Some of them are on other side of river, and you cross in a trolly like thing.
Alternatively you can go "towards Jalori pass" and stay at any of the hotels en route. Do not worry about stay in Tirthan valley. There is plenty!
And look at your PM box
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:56   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Its off season. So do not worry about hotels. Just head towards Sai Ropa, and put up in any of the hotels. Some of them are on other side of river, and you cross in a trolly like thing.
Alternatively you can go "towards Jalori pass" and stay at any of the hotels en route. Do not worry about stay in Tirthan valley. There is plenty!
And look at your PM box
I made that mistake last year and went to Shimla without hotel booking thinking who will come there in such cold weather and bieleve you me, Shimla was jam-packed, seemed entire Delhi and Chandigarh had descended there.

I had to spend a tough 2-3 hours out in the cold feverishly searching for hotels and hotel folks were making a killing by quoting 2K-2.5K for a budget room that you would not pay more than 800-1000 bucks.

So i went ahead and booked myself into all these places and thanks for your help on Tirthan Valley Resort
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:07   #63
Team-BHP Support

Winters is actually full season in shimla area, esp around Xmas/New year when tourists throng the region hoping for snow.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote