Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street and Travel Experiences > Route / Travel Queries

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 08:02   #1
BHPian

Default Mumbai to tuljapur

Guys,
need help, i want to go to Tuljapur from Mumbai, can someone direct me how to go?
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13th November 2009, 08:22   #2
BHPian

Mumbai to pune via express way. After reaching pune, reach solapur road via swargate-hadapsar. After leaving pune city, you will have four lane highway for around 25 Kms. After that drive on two lane national highway (NH 9 I guess) to reach solapur. Just before entering solapur city, take a left turn that has signs leading to Hyderabad. Take this road to reach Tuljapur.

I hope fellow member 'ashishpallod' will give you finer road directions along with road conditions.

Last edited by sukiwa : 13th November 2009 at 08:24.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 08:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Guys,
need help, i want to go to Tuljapur from Mumbai, can someone direct me how to go?
direct route is
mumbai-pune-nh9-indapur-solapur-nh211-tulajapur.

but, nh9 between pune and solapur is in worst condition. for safety, i recommend not to travel on nh9 between pune to tembhurni.
i will suggest other route which passes through other town with less traffic and relatively good roads.
mumbai-expressway-pune outskirt-dehuroad katraj byepass-shindewadi tunnel-nh4-ketkawale-left turn-saswad-right turn-jejuri-left turn-baramati-indapur-nh9-20 km bad roads of nh9-tembhurni-left turn-kurduwadi- bad roads of 35 km-barshi-tuljapur.

you have only these options.
either travel on bad roads of nh9 with heavy traffic or travel on sections of bad road on state highway. its like brick is softer than stone. choice is yours--- brick or stone.
i recommend to take state highway. nh9 is in terrible condition.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 13th November 2009 at 08:41.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 08:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
direct route is
mumbai-pune-nh9-indapur-solapur-nh211-tulajapur.

but, nh9 between pune and solapur is in worst condition. for safety, i recommend not to travel on nh9 between pune to tembhurni.
i will suggest other route which passes through other town with less traffic and relatively good roads.
mumbai-expressway-pune outskirt-dehuroad katraj byepass-shindewadi tunnel-nh4-ketkawale-left turn-saswad-right turn-jejuri-left turn-baramati-indapur-nh9-20 km bad roads of nh9-tembhurni-left turn-kurduwadi- bad roads of 35 km-barshi-tuljapur.

you have only these options.
either travel on bad roads of nh9 with heavy traffic or travel on sections of bad road on state highway. its like brick is softer than stone. choice is yours--- brick or stone.
i recommend to take state highway. nh9 is in terrible condition.
hi Ashish,
need more details. Total time? Total km? I have two months old baby. Ashish PM me your mobile no so I can talk to you
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 08:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
hi Ashish,
need more details. Total time? Total km? I have two months old baby. Ashish PM me your mobile no so I can talk to you
yeah, while typing earlier post, i reminded that you have two month baby.
frankly speaking, i suggest not to travel in car to this long distance of 850 km to and fro.
i suggest, take siddheshwar express which starts from mumbai in the evening and reaches solapur in the morning. take a cab in solapur for tuljapur. in the evening , again take siddheshwar express from solapur and reach to mumbai early morning at @ 6am. this train ride will be safe, easy for your family.
will pm you my mobile no.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 09:09   #6
BANNED

I have done pune - solapur quite few times - almost every week. Probably, i must say, most accident prone road-IMO. So drive safe.
idea1979 is offline   Reply With Quote