Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2013, 13:50   #226
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,984
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by us.dash View Post
Hi!
Am travelling from Mumbai to Chadchan on Saturday, October 19, 2013. After checking the posts here I am worried about my route.

From Mumbai to Pune and onto Indapur sounds fine. My concerns are beyond Indapur.

Option 1- Indapur -- Akluj -- Pandharpur -- Mangalwedha -- Chadchan (The last stretch is supposed to be very bad)

Option 2 - Indapur - Mohol - Mandrup - Chadchan (Round about way)
Mangalwedha chadchan is in really bad condition, avoid it.
Take option no 2.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2013, 15:23   #227
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Ashish Bhau

Any ideas on how long will the route take? From Indapur.

Thanks
us.dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 20:01   #228
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Trip Report: Mumbai Chadchan

Hey!

Just returned from Chadchan, trip highlights below.

1. Went through Pune city, Aundh -- University -- Shivaji Nagar -- Railway Station -- Taj Blue Diamond (loo break) -- Hadapsar bridge -- Indapur road.

2. Pune Indapur is almost 4 laned except a very small stretch where work has not yet started.

3. Took a left to Pandharpur, before Indapur toll naka. The road is pretty decent as would be expected from a state highway. Went through Akluj and took right to Pandharpur.

4. Stayed at Pandharpur Iskcon, am not a member but tried my luck. It seems anyone can stay there as long as there are vacancies.

5. From Pandharpur went to Mangalwedha. The route is pretty good again.

6. The Mangalwedha Chadchan route has been done up. The 32 kms was done in 30 mins flat. There is a toll for Rs. 20/-, for the sector from Mangalwedha to Maharashtra border. There is a small stretch near the Karnataka border which was bad but overall great. I took the bypass at Mangalwedha and would strongly recommend the same.

7. The shopping trip was an immense success.

8. On the return leg, we stopped for dinner at Annapoorna Dhaba, they have a separate section for families. Nice and decently priced.

9. From Pandharpur, I returned via Phaltan, Lonand, Shirwal. The last stretch to reach NH4 is an absolute disaster. There are no roads for stretches of 0.5km - 1 km.

10. NH4 as always is a breeze. I am sure, my 8 month old son's grandchild, will travel on the completed flyovers of the Pune bypass, if they complete it by then. This route bypassed Pune city which saved me an hour.

I have complete travel logs including toll plaza timings. Please do let me know in case of any queries.
us.dash is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 09:48   #229
BHPian
 
kumar7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Hi,

Tomorrow I am travelling from Pune to Kokatnur (Holy Place near Karnataka) & by bus the route is (Pune > Sangli > Athani > Kokatnur). This time I am planning to go by car so wanted to know shortest & better route. Below 2 routes I found, though I feel via Karad would be better one.

Option 1: Pune > Karad > Sangli > Miraj > Athani > Bijapur > Kokatnur.
Option 2: Pune > Indapur > Mohol > Mandrup > Bijapur > Kokatnur.

On return, we will be staying @ Kolhapur so return journey to Kolhapur would be via Miraj.

Last edited by kumar7 : 14th January 2014 at 09:51.
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 12:11   #230
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,540 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Hi,

Tomorrow I am travelling from Pune to Kokatnur (Holy Place near Karnataka) & by bus the route is (Pune > Sangli > Athani > Kokatnur). This time I am planning to go by car so wanted to know shortest & better route. Below 2 routes I found, though I feel via Karad would be better one.

Option 1: Pune > Karad > Sangli > Miraj > Athani > Bijapur > Kokatnur.
Option 2: Pune > Indapur > Mohol > Mandrup > Bijapur > Kokatnur.

On return, we will be staying @ Kolhapur so return journey to Kolhapur would be via Miraj.
Option 1 is better imo.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 12:53   #231
BHPian
 
torquecurve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 587
Thanked: 606 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

The Pune Solapur route has improved immensely. It is easy to maintain a cruising speed of 80-100 almost throughout. Typically there is traffic till about Loni after which the road opens out. The best part is that on curves there is adequate banking allowing you to maintain speed and the road quality is good for most parts.

The toll is about 1 Re/km almost throughout. There is a part near Tembhurni where the road is still two lane highway.

Recommened places to stop and eat are near Bhigwan (Shree Hotel IIRC). They even allowed our dog in . Extremely clean place. While going towards Solapur they have opened a place on the left about 3 kms from Bhigwan city, on the way to Pune it is in the city.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 00:03   #232
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
The Pune Solapur route has improved immensely. It is easy to maintain a cruising speed of 80-100 almost throughout. Typically there is traffic till about Loni after which the road opens out. The best part is that on curves there is adequate banking allowing you to maintain speed and the road quality is good for most parts.
Hello, Can you suggest a route to pick up Pune Solapur road from Mumbai Pune Expway? I will have to be doing that portion in the afternoon/evening as I am leaving Vashi at 1PM. What I do not want to do is to get stuck in Pune traffic jams.
I have to get to Tembhurni same day. Any other route I am willing to try but not bad surface roads
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st February 2014 at 14:04. Reason: quote fixed
Amukherjea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:20   #233
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,540 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukherjea View Post
Hello, Can you suggest a route to pick up Pune Solapur road from Mumbai Pune Expway? I will have to be doing that portion in the afternoon/evening as I am leaving Vashi at 1PM. What I do not want to do is to get stuck in Pune traffic jams.
I have to get to Tembhurni same day. Any other route I am willing to try but not bad surface roads
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
I take the below route during all my Bombay drives and its the fastest and easiest way to get from the MPEW to the NH9

Vashi-MPEW-Katraj-Swargate Bus Stand-AFMC-Hadapsar-Solapur Road.Here is the map : http://goo.gl/maps/TiHFf

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 3rd February 2014 at 12:22.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 13:23   #234
BHPian
 
bbhavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cochin
Posts: 170
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I take the below route during all my Bombay drives and its the fastest and easiest way to get from the MPEW to the NH9

Vashi-MPEW-Katraj-Swargate Bus Stand-AFMC-Hadapsar-Solapur Road.Here is the map : http://goo.gl/maps/TiHFf

Dear All,


I am planning to visit Pandharpur this week end. As Ranjit suggested, I am planning to take the above route through Pune city to reach the Solapur highway.
I have shown the route as below.

Any feedback on the latest road condition on this route? (Mumbai- Pandharpur)

I am also planning to go to Tuljapur,and plan to cover both these temples in 2 days.( stay at Pandharpur).

Hope it will be easy and manageable,
bbhavan
Attached Thumbnails
Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur-pandharpur.jpg  


Last edited by bbhavan : 20th February 2014 at 13:29. Reason: fig attached
bbhavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 15:38   #235
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,540 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post

Any feedback on the latest road condition on this route? (Mumbai- Pandharpur)

I am also planning to go to Tuljapur,and plan to cover both these temples in 2 days.( stay at Pandharpur).

Hope it will be easy and manageable,
bbhavan
I would say its easier to stay on the 4 laned NH9 till Mohol and then divert right onto the Pandharpur tolled road.You get to drive on good roads for more distance.

Solapur-Tuljapur can be done in a day's time and back to Pandharpur easily.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 18:29   #236
BHPian
 
bbhavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cochin
Posts: 170
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Solapur-Tuljapur can be done in a day's time and back to Pandharpur easily.
Thanks for your reply.
Actually I was planning to leave pandharpur in the morning to Tuljapur and after having darshan,
return back to mumbai in the same day.
Is it too ambitious?
bbhavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 20:33   #237
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,790
Thanked: 7,458 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
Thanks for your reply.
Actually I was planning to leave pandharpur in the morning to Tuljapur and after having darshan,
return back to mumbai in the same day.
Is it too ambitious?
I hope you also are aware how to go past the heart of Pune city and get on to NH9 via Hadapsar.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 10:23   #238
BHPian
 
bbhavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cochin
Posts: 170
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I hope you also are aware how to go past the heart of Pune city and get on to NH9 via Hadapsar.
As Ranjith has explained, I plan to go via the following route.

MPEW-Katraj-Swargate Bus Stand-AFMC-Hadapsar-pandharpur.

thanks,
bbhavan
bbhavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 11:17   #239
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,790
Thanked: 7,458 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
As Ranjith has explained, I plan to go via the following route.

MPEW-Katraj-Swargate Bus Stand-AFMC-Hadapsar-pandharpur.

thanks,
bbhavan
The following is what Parag/Ranjit had suggested some time back

Rouet Link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 12:33   #240
BHPian
 
bbhavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cochin
Posts: 170
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The following is what Parag/Ranjit had suggested some time back
Rouet Link[/url]
Good to know about one more option.

I was referring to Ranjit's post no.233 on this thread itself.

The route which you are referring to is completely devoid of Pune city.

I plan to leave Mumbai early, say 5.30 in the morning.So will be reaching pune around 8 am. Will there be much traffic in the city around that time?
bbhavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driving from Bangalore to Solapur sidkun Route / Travel Queries 49 8th November 2016 10:37
Pune - Beed Route via NH9 naren_gs1 Route / Travel Queries 1 27th September 2009 17:18
Kolkata to Hyderabad 21st to 22nd Sep 2007 by Opel Astra (NH6, NH5, NH60, NH9) btirthankar Travelogues 8 4th January 2009 23:42
Solapur-Shirdi road :Info needed nitindangoria Route / Travel Queries 0 14th September 2007 16:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks