Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 13:50   #91
BHPian
 
Maverick79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 528
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Sorry for the delay in posting my experience.

Did this route on 7th Oct.

Route is : Pune - Kurkhumb - Indapur - Sholapur.

Started at 5.00pm after picking up my better half from her office in Kalyani Nagar.
Reached Sholapur at 9.15 pm and took a dinner break and resumed the drive after 20 mins to Hyderabad. Reached Hyd by 1.45am and home by 2.00pm.

The paid road was a breeze after hadapsar.
Then started the rought patches with app. 2 inch deep carters of 1 - 2 feet wide all along the old / un widened road. No major pot holes or bad patches other than these.
The new widened road is very good and upto stretches of around 7 to 8 kms. Hence was easy to reach 120kmph in these stretches. Else was restricted to 80kmph.
Met some slow moving traffic before and in Indapur due to some truck break down and blockage.
Now coming to truck traffic. Yes, it is very much present. But not to such an extent to block our way and speeds.
Didn't try other routes mentioned in the thread as it was night and didn't want to keep searching in between on them.

I would recomend this route if you can manage with the moderate to slightly heavy truck traffic along with some rough patches on the old road( Un widened).

Happy Diwali Driving for all those who plan to do this route again.

Me too planning to do this route again on 22nd, most probably.

regards,
Maverick79.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 16:55   #92
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 340
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Sorry for the delay in posting my experience.

Did this route on 7th Oct.

Route is : Pune - Kurkhumb - Indapur - Sholapur.

Started at 5.00pm after picking up my better half from her office in Kalyani Nagar.
Reached Sholapur at 9.15 pm and took a dinner break and resumed the drive after 20 mins to Hyderabad. Reached Hyd by 1.45am and home by 2.00pm.

The paid road was a breeze after hadapsar.
Then started the rought patches with app. 2 inch deep carters of 1 - 2 feet wide all along the old / un widened road. No major pot holes or bad patches other than these.
The new widened road is very good and upto stretches of around 7 to 8 kms. Hence was easy to reach 120kmph in these stretches. Else was restricted to 80kmph.
Met some slow moving traffic before and in Indapur due to some truck break down and blockage.
Now coming to truck traffic. Yes, it is very much present. But not to such an extent to block our way and speeds.
Didn't try other routes mentioned in the thread as it was night and didn't want to keep searching in between on them.

I would recomend this route if you can manage with the moderate to slightly heavy truck traffic along with some rough patches on the old road( Un widened).

Happy Diwali Driving for all those who plan to do this route again.

Me too planning to do this route again on 22nd, most probably.

regards,
Maverick79.
Thanks for the update..

i am planning to do hyd-pune-hyd between 3rd and 6th nov hopefully some more progress would have been made on this stretch.

All:Would it be wise to stay for the night in any one of the highway hotels/motels?

i am planning to drive upto sholapur on 3rd evening and spend the night in any highway hotel around sholapur and then proceed to pune on 4th morning..

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 17th October 2011 at 16:56.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 18:20   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,540 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Thanks for the update..

i am planning to do hyd-pune-hyd between 3rd and 6th nov hopefully some more progress would have been made on this stretch.

All:Would it be wise to stay for the night in any one of the highway hotels/motels?

i am planning to drive upto sholapur on 3rd evening and spend the night in any highway hotel around sholapur and then proceed to pune on 4th morning..
Good way to do it.Not worth it driving Hyd-Pune in the night.Hotel City park is a good place to stay the night and Tripurasundari is also good by "Solapur standards".There are no hotels on the highway,you would have to go into the town.Ideal would be to leave Hyd latest by 2pm which should see you reaching solapur by 7pm.

ps:I dont think there would be any great change in road conditions by the 7th of Nov
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 19:10   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 602 Times
Default

I am also planning a round trip to Hyderabad.Will start from Pune on 4th early morning and will take the regular route.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 20:43   #95
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

hi guys,thanks for all the inputs
i did the Pune-hyderabad stretch yesterday via NH9. Started from Lohegaon at 0530 and entered Hyderabad at around 1830. I was driving a wagon r and a conservative driver...but i dont think that made much of a difference here!
Road condition between Pune and Solapur was ok, not much of a prob....the bigger problem was the truck traffic with narrow bridge, railway crossing and breakdowns...i could reach solapur at noon thanks to the trucks.... from there on...till hyderabd, not much of traffic, there were quite a few potholes for about 100km in between, but repair work was in progress...so should be fine in a few weeks....I refuelled at Solapur and they do accept Credit Cards. The best places to eat were those before Solapur, especially with family.



Note from Team-BHP Support: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
blackstallion27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 21:58   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,368
Thanked: 3,322 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion27 View Post
hi guys,thanks for all the inputs
i did the Pune-hyderabad stretch yesterday via NH9. Started from Lohegaon at 0530 and entered Hyderabad at around 1830. I was driving a wagon r and a conservative driver...but i dont think that made much of a difference here!
Road condition between Pune and Solapur was ok, not much of a prob....the bigger problem was the truck traffic with narrow bridge, railway crossing and breakdowns...i could reach solapur at noon thanks to the trucks.... from there on...till hyderabd, not much of traffic, there were quite a few potholes for about 100km in between, but repair work was in progress...so should be fine in a few weeks....I refuelled at Solapur and they do accept Credit Cards. The best places to eat were those before Solapur, especially with family.
How much of NH9 between Pune & Solapur is now 4-laned? Are there still many detours? How were traffic jams? Any town bypasses are complete?
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 19:24   #97
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

after the initial apprx 30 kms, nothing is complete. there are a few stretches where it is more a 'three lane' as they have completed the road laying work on one side.
there are many detours, but not dangerous or 'un-warned', definitely no issues in term of danger atleast for day travel. As far as speed goes, this is a minor factor compared to the truck traffic.The traffic was nasty.

And as far as the bypasses go, I dont think any of the bypasses is complete, had to go through the towns, which added to the traffic congestions.
blackstallion27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 16:44   #98
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 340
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Update as on 11/04.

Started from hyderabad on 11/03 at 15.30hrs.

Reached sholapur for the night halt around 21.30hrs

Distance covered 300kms

Bad Patches:-

Whole of the karnataka stretch
Naldurg

Started from Sholapur at 10.00hrs on 11/04

Reached Pune at 15.30 hrs

Really bad roads all through except the toll road about 24 kms before pune.

The only good part was me doing the whole 525 odd kms in my automatic santro with one full tank(shell super unleaded)

Next time i'll take a flight
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 16:54   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

Next time i'll take a flight

Seriously, there is no point taking this route by car unless it is part of a bigger journey. The travel time is ridiculously high, road quality pathetic and dangerous too.

I would give it a miss until the four laning is complete.

P.S: Driving on these roads during night time was really a big pain, I was doing some good speeds before reaching Hamnabad where suddenly the road condition deteriorated and I landed into a pothole at speeds upward of 80 and ended up with a tire burst.

The damned pothole tore the side profile of my MRF!! Luckily the damage was just to the tire, it is unrepairable and run not more than 10k KMs.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 17:38   #100
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 602 Times
Default

Pune 5:20 AM. Hyderabad 1:57 PM.
There are craters after homnabad. Luckily didn't suffer any damage to tires. Will be careful in the return trip. Pune solapur completed in 4 hrs. Decent motorable roads. No traffic in the morning.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 00:56   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal
Bad Patches:-

Whole of the karnataka stretch
Naldurg
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil
P.S: Driving on these roads during night time was really a big pain, I was doing some good speeds before reaching Hamnabad where suddenly the road condition deteriorated and I landed into a pothole at speeds upward of 80 and ended up with a tire burst.
I remember mentioning this bad stretch - basically the entire KA bit - after my drive through this route in August. It was so much better in April.

It started raining really hard (visibility of maybe 30 ft tops) suddenly as we entered this stretch and we had to drive at 30-35 kmph with the wipers furiously working overtime and all lights (hazard included) on. Yet we managed to hit the bump stops on a few potholes. In hindsight the heavy, driving rain may have saved us by forcing us to be very cautious. Some of those potholes were absolutely unnoticeable until the very last moment and would've been deadly at speed.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 12:16   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,984
Thanked: 283 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

As sugarcane crushing season is started, you may face slowmoving sugarcane trailers and carts near patas, bhigwan, indapur.
Be careful during night driving as these trailers/carts do not have back reflectors.

Indapur-12mati route will be full of sugarcane carts day and night for next six months.

Plan your journey accordingly.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 8th November 2011 at 12:43.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 12:24   #103
BHPian
 
Maverick79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 528
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
As sugarcane crushing season is started, you may face slowmoving sugarcane trailers and carts near patas, bhigwan, indapur.
Be careful during night driving as these trailers/carts have not back reflectors.

Indapur-12mati route will be full of sugarcane carts day and night for next six months.

Plan your journey accordingly.
I am doing this route again today afternoon. I think I need to start an hour before than 4.00pm as planned earlier, to reach Sholapur by 8 or 9.00pm. Its getting darker by 6.30pm itself now a days due to winter.
Route plan is Pune - Kurkumbh -Sholapur Road - Basavakalyan - Zaheerabad - Pune. The NH9.
Will try to take pics if possible this time.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 15:26   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 602 Times
Default

@Maverick,Why not early morning start of 5 AM from Pune ?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 00:49   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 403 Times
Default Hotel - Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Hi,

I stayed at the City Square in August and was not impressed. I am told that the Lotus Hotel is much better.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driving from Bangalore to Solapur sidkun Route / Travel Queries 49 8th November 2016 10:37
Pune - Beed Route via NH9 naren_gs1 Route / Travel Queries 1 27th September 2009 17:18
Kolkata to Hyderabad 21st to 22nd Sep 2007 by Opel Astra (NH6, NH5, NH60, NH9) btirthankar Travelogues 8 4th January 2009 23:42
Solapur-Shirdi road :Info needed nitindangoria Route / Travel Queries 0 14th September 2007 16:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks