Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 3rd May 2011, 16:39   #106
BHPian

Default Re: What to see in Malaysia and Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post

Day 3 - Get up early and collect tickets Petronas Twin Towers Skybridge,
Please be aware that the rest of the day depends on which slot you'd get for the Twin towers. We were lazy and went there at 11AM or so, and just for curiosity dropped by at the counter that gives the ticket for the sky bridge. For our delight there was no Q and the tickets were available for the 6PM slot. We quickly rearranged the plan for the day. Infact a better idea would be to opt for the evening slot (so that there is certainity. Most touristy types would take the morning slots).

Also it is not just the sky bridge at the twin towers. It has a big shopping mall (Suria KLCC), a giant aquarium and a beautiful park. I could not figure out whether or not there are kids in the touring party. The park has a pool with a waterfalls that kids would not leave. I've put a couple of photographs of the same. You can easily spend half a day visiting the bridge, the park, the aquarium and the mall.
Attached Thumbnails
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-themall.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-thepark.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-thepool1.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-thepool2.jpg  

prasad14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 14:58   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
thanks rjstyles69, will checkout Aloha Cafe in Jalan P Ramalee for sure.

thanks gadadhar, I have added Berjaya Time Square to must see places already in my list.

Few More Q

1. Will KL Sentral close in the midnight ? Are Pre-Paid Taxis available 24hrs at KL Sentral?
2. Avoidable & Must Do in Genting / Rides
I don't think KL Sentral closes at midnight since it is a very busy station. I caught my train to Langkawi from KL Sentral at around 9:30 PM, so I can't confirm about that, but it should be open. It is the main transport hub for everything trains, buses, monorail etc, so it should be open all the time.

Regarding hotels in Langkawi, I stayed at the Bellavista in Kuah town and there is an indian restaurant very near to the hotel in Kuah town itself ( on the main road to the airport ). There are other hotels in Kuah town like the Bayview which are good, but it is not as fun as staying at a Beach resort ( which has the disadvantage that you wouldn't be able to find vegetarian food nearby ).
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 11:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

It seems a great thread and to be helpful to my trip. Let me go through thoroughly and comment more on it. I did not expect such threads in Teambhp. I am in the process of planning and will take al your help.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 21:59   #109
Senior - BHPian

Dear Members. There is a great offer from Air Asia to day night but the offer is for the travelers between May 2012 to Oct 2012. This season is really a peak season for me and I could not make it. Of course I can make it comfortably in December and January only. I am sure the cost will be high during Christmas and New year. Any suggestion from Asish. I will check for the next offer after 25th Sept after completion of this offer.
Old 21st September 2011, 09:59   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

@navan - They always have this offer. For my trip to Malaysia in Jan 2010, I had booked in Aug 2009. Similarly, am going to Malaysia and China during the last week of Oct for which I had booked in Jan 2011.

Last minute bookings will be expensive. You can try to book for Jan now. Will be a lot cheaper than booking in Dec.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 23:45   #111
Senior - BHPian

Naveen It became a daily routine to check the offers.Due to my nephew's indecisive programme to accompany with me I missed the great offer of Tiger air on 25th Sept for February travel. Now after all decision made I am looking every day for Air asia,Tigerair and jetstar offers.Hope the luck will favour me.
Old 26th September 2011, 07:28   #112
BHPian

KL Sentral does close at midnight for a few hours( Probably between 1:00 a.m and 3:00 a.m) KL Sentral infrastructure supports six rail networks the KLIA Express Rail Link, KLIA Transit, RAPID KL (Putra), KTM Komuter, KTM Intercity and KL Monorail Services. The timings for these rail networks are different and you have to go to their respective websites to find your train timings. You should be able to find cabs though.

If you are flying with Air Asia the most convenient and basic hotel in KL is My Hotel at KL Sentral. Its less than 100 meters walking distance from KL Sentral and conveniently located with close proximity to lots of Indian restaurants(including Chennai's Saravana Bhavan) The last time I flew in May, I landed at KL at 00:20, took the 1:15 am Sky bus to KL Sentral and reached KL Sentral at 2:15 and got to My hotel at 2:25. I traveled with my family and had no issues at midnight. KL was not my final destination, but decided to take a break before going to Bali. I have traveled more than a couple of times to KL and never felt the need to have a travel agent. Its one of the most comfortable places to travel outside India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I don't think KL Sentral closes at midnight since it is a very busy station. I caught my train to Langkawi from KL Sentral at around 9:30 PM, so I can't confirm about that, but it should be open. It is the main transport hub for everything trains, buses, monorail etc, so it should be open all the time.

Regarding hotels in Langkawi, I stayed at the Bellavista in Kuah town and there is an indian restaurant very near to the hotel in Kuah town itself ( on the main road to the airport ). There are other hotels in Kuah town like the Bayview which are good, but it is not as fun as staying at a Beach resort ( which has the disadvantage that you wouldn't be able to find vegetarian food nearby ).
Chillout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 03:28   #113
Senior - BHPian

Chill out great information. I might land some time at 1.00 am, I will do like what you did a sky bus journey and my hotel stay.Let me check the hotel offer on net.Thank you.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:50   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hi Friends finally the tickets are in Hand.The plan is like this. Starting from Chennai By air Asia on 6th February to Malasia with 15kg pre booked luggage. Amount 6002 from KL to Hongkong on 9th amount 282 MYT.7th and 8th KL visit. 9th to 13th Hongkong. 14th to Singapore TKT HK$ 698 and leaving Singapore to Chennai on 17th February.15th and 16th Singapore halt. Singapore Chennai fare 210SDG. Over all packhage for ticket is 22700 per head. Now friends of the forum can gude me for Vias for the below mentioned iteneray
6th Feb Chennai KL Airasia
9th Feb KL to Hongkong by Air asia
14th HK to Singapore by Jetstar
17th Sin to Chennai by Tiger air
Now Visa is needed to KL from Kl I can get visa on arrival in HK and how about the visa to Singapore.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:56   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Now Visa is needed to KL from Kl I can get visa on arrival in HK and how about the visa to Singapore.
You will need Malaysian visa- fee @ rs 750, and singapore visa-fee @ rs 1100 plus agent commission.
You have to apply for visa one month prior to your departure.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 12:59   #116
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Ashis for your guidance. So I can apply in December for my February trip. I checked the Singapore Consul office web site and they have suggested to do online visa through agents only. I will trace some one to do the job. If any queries I will post here and please help.
Old 10th October 2011, 15:00   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Ashis for your guidance. So I can apply in December for my February trip. I checked the Singapore Consul office web site and they have suggested to do online visa through agents only. I will trace some one to do the job. If any queries I will post here and please help.
Hi Navan,

As of Saturday(08/10/2011), the fee for the Singapore Visa was Rs 1195.00 (Singapore $ 30.00 converted to India Rupee), the agent commission varies on who you are applying the Visa through. In Hyderabad, as per the list of authorised Agents available on the Embassy of Singapore, Chennai website, I found TT Services offering the least rate at Rs 600.00 per application. The travel agents who are also authorised Visa agents were quoting anything between 1000.00 and 1500.00.

The kind of a Visa that is issued to the applicant is in control of the Embassy. From what I have read here on TBHP and other sites, in India, there have been two cases:

1. A 2 year multiple entry Tourist Visa is issued.

2. A 30 day multiple entry Tourist Visa is issued.

Hoping that it might be case 2, people plan to apply for the Visa one month in advance so that even if they get a 30 day Visa, it is valid for their travel.

Visa only grants permission to travel to the country, the entry and the duration of stay allowed will depend on the Immigration Officer. Singapore usually grants a 14 day stay at once which can be extended if needed.

Regards,
Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 15:09   #118
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Kalyan Hyd. It is a great information and I can guess the range of Visa service charges from your posting. If they give 2 years multiple visas that will be good and we can visit again with in two years with the same vis.If possible please give the valuable places to visit for 2 days. # day purely for shopping. That too can be recommended.
Old 10th October 2011, 16:48   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Kalyan Hyd. It is a great information and I can guess the range of Visa service charges from your posting. If they give 2 years multiple visas that will be good and we can visit again with in two years with the same vis.If possible please give the valuable places to visit for 2 days. # day purely for shopping. That too can be recommended.
You are welcome, Navan

I haven't visited Singapore yet so I cannot advice you on places to go there. I read Wikitravel extensively and it is quite informative at times, you can see information for Singapore here(Singapore travel guide - Wikitravel).

We are visiting Australia in March, 2012 and were planning to transit via Singapore with a 3-4 day stop-over. Our Visa/ Air ticket booking formalities to Melbourne are done so I went to TT Services, Hyderabad on Saturday(08/10) to apply for Singapore Visa. They said its too early to apply now and asked me to come-back in February, 2012.

Regards,
Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 23:24   #120
Senior - BHPian

Naveen Kalyan,Ap and Chill Out.
I have completed the Kualalumpur, Hongkong Macau and Singapore tour. Thanks for all your suggestions. We used mostly the public transports like MRT and buses.It was really cheap. We took flight from Chennai Airport and landed in KL around 2 PM. It was on 6th February 2012 the Thai poosam day. We went to KL sentral by sky bus fare 8Myr(Malaysian Ringgits) From KL sentral we went to Jalan Pudu, where was our hotel.Just opposite of Pudu bus station and MRT.Our Hotel bill was almost 8000 for 3 for 3 nights.Other expenditure 12000 and the ticket was 18006 one way.So our KL trip Budget was 38000. Per head was around 13500 inclusive of visa. The same night we visited Bukit Bitang and the KL Towers by night.We had lunch at Mc Donald in KLCC and dinner at an Indian restaurent in Jalan Pudu. on 7th February we had been to Batu caves at 6 Am by bus which costed around 7 MYr per head. It was a huge crowd in Batu caves. The malaysian Tamil Radio announced 1.5 million devotees. We finished our dharshan around 9 AM. Lots of Kavadis and milk pots were carried by people for pooja. Then the same day we went to Geting by bus and returned around 6pm and visited KLCC. For to day I will stop here and post some pictures. I did not have a camera and all the photos posted here are from my Iphone. First Photo is the tallest Subramanyar statue of the world. 2. Crowed in side the caves which is above 250 steps,3.Up coming crowd 4.Aerial view of Genting 5.Fountains at night in front of Petronas or KL Suriya towers.6 is the twin towers which they call KL towers or Petronas by night. More photos and photos will follow shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0663.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0672.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0675.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0689.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0702.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0697.jpg  

Last edited by navan49 : 24th March 2012 at 23:34.