Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 25th March 2012, 09:51   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: What to see in Malaysia and Singapore

The next day our visit was Petronas (TWIN TOWER), Under water aquarium and the KL Towers. We left the room at 7.30 Am and went to KLCC by MRT train from Pudu station opposite of our Hotel.Though the Pudu MRT looked just opposite we went inside the bus station and from the left side of the counters walked and walked for more than 5 minutes inside and finally we reached the station.We took MRT and reached KLCC at 8.30 and took some time to find the Petronas entrance ticket counter. It is on the other side of the KLCC and in the basement. We were there at the opening and when we reached the counter we could get only12.00 noon slot. The entrance payment was 35MYR per head. So we decided to spend the time in under water aquarium. The entry fee for the under water aquarium was MYR40 each. We finished the Aquaria at 12.30 and walked to the KLCC entrance which might be around 500 meters with in the building. We were briefed in the basement and to your information the briefing was screened in a lacer screen.We were taken to the level 83 in the lift and the speed of the lift was 9 mtrs per second. From level83 we were taken to level 86. we were allowed 20 minutes on the sky bridge. Then we were taken to the observatory and looked all the scenic beauty of KL from there.Through the telescope we could see the Batu cave statue from there. After the twin tower or the Petronas visit we went out and enjoyed the park in front of the KLCC Suriya Towers. We wanted to walk to our room. We took the route through Bukit Bintang and reached our hotel which was about 2.7km distance. It was 2pm.We took rest till 4 and walked to Kl tower. The entrance fee was MYR35 per head.We were taken to the observatory and enjoyed the scenic view of the city in the evening light from the top.
The tower itself is on a hillock.We came down and saw a mini zoo there in the ground and walked back and many were welcoming us for the happy hours and none of us were interested.The cost of water bottle was 3MYR. The cheapest thing we found was the fuel if I am not mistaken it was 2 to 3MYR per liter of Diesel or petrol. Which is less that 40 INR.To days photos are labelled and posted followed by the write up.

Last edited by navan49 : 25th March 2012 at 09:52.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 13:22   #122
Senior - BHPian

Reduced the Size of the photos and up loading. The photos are self explanatory.
Attached Thumbnails
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0770.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0758.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 25th March 2012, 14:03   #123
Senior - BHPian

These four photos were uploaded later. These are the photos of the K L Towers which is the tele Tower of KL and on the top there is a restaurant and it is expensive too. One can get Sim card in KL (LCC)airport itself. I got the Digi mobile and it worked well too.They don't ask address proof or ID proof. Just the give the Sim and if you have Iphone 4 they cut into a micro Sim and give.
Attached Thumbnails
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0854.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0887.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0915.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-skt-bridge.jpg  

Last edited by navan49 : 25th March 2012 at 14:05.
Old 27th March 2012, 02:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

I would like to continue the experiences of the day four with you. First day was Bituk Bintang, day two was Batu caves and Genting and Day three was KLCC, Under water Aquaria and the KL Tower. Now it is the day four as well as the last day to Kuala lumpur. On this day we woke up leisurely and went to the China Town and had our favorite Tamil break fast. Followed by breakfast we walked around the China town. The interesting thing was that we were too early to that area and the shops weren't opened. We went to the Maha Mariamman Temple and had the dharshan of all the deities there. To our surprise one gentle man came to us and invited for Brunch. We denied but he was so nice to convince us and took to a side of the temple near tap and offered sweet and variety rice which was really great of homely taste after missing of homely meals for four days. Then we left to the Buddhist temple, just opposite of the Mariamman Temple. It was good and we walked towards the Petaling are and finally entered the veg and meat market.They were selling all fresh, vegetables and fish. People were very busy preparing for their day. Some were arranging the things some were busy preparing moms etc.Then we changed around 500 Hk $ with the money changer. and went to our hotel.As it was prepaid for all the four days nothing was there to settle. we discussed about Putra Jaya and the blue mosque our group told that only blue mosque will do on the way to Airport. We took a taxi to the KL Sentral for 15MYR. We were carrying 25kgs of rice for our friend in Hong kong. That made us to take a taxi till KL Sentral. From KL central we took the same Airbus and reached the KLCC terminal. On the way itself, we bye passed the blue mosque and my nephew told no need to get down and see just seeing from the bus will do.So we finished that with window visit from the Bus.So finally we told bye to KL. Continuation will be Hong kong, that too when ever my time permits.Photos will be uploaded soon.

Last edited by navan49 : 27th March 2012 at 03:07.
Old 27th March 2012, 23:02   #125
Senior - BHPian

The following are the pictures posted related with the previous post. 1 China Town in K L 2. Maha Mariamman Temple China Town, 3 Another deity in Maha Mariamman temple. 4.Lord Murugan with his both consorts in Kuala Lumpur. 5.A deity in the Buddhist Temple in Kuala Lumpur.
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0920.jpg

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0923.jpg

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0924.jpg

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0928.jpg

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0936.jpg
navan49 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 23:09   #126
Senior - BHPian

The following are the last four pictures of Kuala Lumpur
6.Fish market.
7.China Town in the early hours.
8. The famous Petaling Street
9.The mosque from the Airbus(Bus)
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0946.jpg

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0949.jpg

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0954.jpg

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0961.jpg

Last edited by navan49 : 27th March 2012 at 23:10.
Old 27th March 2012, 23:44   #127
Senior - BHPian

Finally it is time to say bye to Kuala Lumpur.We reached there by Airbus bus at 1 PM and took our boarding passes. Did security check. There were many Air Asia counters and little bit confusion prevailed and finally found that the Chennai counter and HK counter were the same and entered to our Gate. Here in KLCC airport visitors can enter inside the airpot till the boarding point with out any entry fee or security check. What to say about this system too much confident on their security of generous treatment for their citizens. Our Flight to Hk took off at 4 PM. We spent ample time in the Airport. Finally bye to Kl and we were allowed to photo graph with the flight before entering in.
Attached Thumbnails
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0966.jpg  

Old 28th March 2012, 09:32   #128
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I didn't want to open a new thread as this is already discussed lot. But, I am finding it difficult to decide on options for Malaysia, Singapore and Bangkok.

I checked Makemytrip, Cox&Kings and Travel Chacha. For 10/11 days package they are quoting around 65-78000 per person. I am looking for a family trip. (2 adults + 1 child).
Its hard for me to book on my own due to hectic work schedule.
Checked with other private operators. Most of them are quoting more than Cox or MMT.

Please advice.

Navan,
Sorry to hijack the thread. Please provide your inputs as I see you had been to these places.
blackstallion76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 21:14   #129
Senior - BHPian

I am bit confused of continuing my travelogue either here in this thread, or to go for another Hong kong thread and migrate back to this thread for Singapore. As my tour was Kuala lumpur, Hong kong and Singapore, Hong kong seems to be unfit here. But if I look at the other angle, it will be a continuation of my tour, if I continue here. Let me think for a day and will continue either here or in the itinerary help for Hong kong thread.

Note To Black stallion,
Please wait for a day or two. I will try my level best to help you out of deciding your option. 65k to 78k seems to be reasonable for the tour operator.But some questions to be answered. How about the entry tickets either included or not. The places visit are real visit or photo shoot visit. I saw some agents were showing the Petronas (Twin Towers of KL) from out side for photo shoot only.There are lots to see around there. Let us discuss in length and depth later.
Old 30th March 2012, 23:02   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Hi Friends,

I didn't want to open a new thread as this is already discussed lot. But, I am finding it difficult to decide on options for Malaysia, Singapore and Bangkok.

I checked Makemytrip, Cox&Kings and Travel Chacha. For 10/11 days package they are quoting around 65-78000 per person. I am looking for a family trip. (2 adults + 1 child).
Its hard for me to book on my own due to hectic work schedule.
Checked with other private operators. Most of them are quoting more than Cox or MMT.

Please advice.

Navan,
Sorry to hijack the thread. Please provide your inputs as I see you had been to these places.
Get it booked through a reliable agent if you dont have time. I booked through a known agent when I went to Malaysia and China. The only problem is that they city tour might be tiring since they will show many places in a single day. I dont think malaysia will be a problem, but I had one hard time in China.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 22:23   #131
Senior - BHPian

HONG KONG THE CITY OF LIGHTS
Instead of going to another thread and coming back to this thread I feel it is better to continue here and there will be continuity too. Took off at 4 PM in KL LCC terminal and landed in Hong kong Airport at 8PM. There are not sky scrappers in the vicinity of the run way and landing area.Seems it is another island. We came out of the flight and walked as per the direction arrow.We walked in the plain climbed on the escalator and came to a metro train and from the train we walked and reached immigration counter.Nice experience. Then we took our baggages and went out and my friend was waiting for us. He came with some plans for our tour and some maps. He came with the octopus card for each of us.Which is a multi purpose card which you can use for bus and train. You can use to shop in 7 eleven stores too. We went in the bus to TST. We were given a Sim Card with Chakde India recharge of 50Hk$ which was only 35$.I could not finish the $50 Recharge with in 5 days. We were accommodated in USA Hostel in Nathan Road Kowloon. Near the TST MRT D gate. We got the pack dinner from Home and a water boiler 600ml capacity,Milk Powder Coffee and Tea bags for next day tea. We were briefed to Use the MRT and the Bus and payment through the Octopus card. We had around Hk$250 value in our card. My friend left us at 10.30Pm and told us to visit Tung Chu and the Buddha point next day.He was busy next day with his office. Let me start my Buddha point visit tomorrow.
Old 1st April 2012, 22:25   #132
Senior - BHPian

Here is the picture of the Route from the Kowloon Main land to Airport is land connecting Road and the 7th longest bridge of the earth.
Attached Thumbnails
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_1426.jpg  

Last edited by navan49 : 1st April 2012 at 22:36. Reason: Un knowingly same matter was posted again.
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:38   #133
Senior - BHPian

Day one of Hong kong

On Day one that was the 10th of February, we woke up at 8 Am and got ready at 9 AM. Before that we made boiled water and put milk powder and used the tea bags and made tea. That was our bed tea. Then we used the Cu O noodles with boiled water and had our Breakfast. We came down the 13th Floor of our Hotel. The lane next to our building led us to the MTR(Metro Rail ) D gate of Tsim Sha Tsui. The way to the station is like a basement shopping arcade. We used out Octopus card and entered into the MTR. We traveled in the red line and changed over to Yellow line to Tung Chung in Lai King station.The train came out of the tunnel and travelled above the ground and crossed the sea. Before Tung Chung there is a station called Sunny bay where we have to change to Disneyland. We proceeded to the Last station of that line Tung Chung. From Tung Chung we can take either a cable car or a bus to go to Buddha Point or to visit the Giant Bronze Buddha. For our disappointment the cable car service was suspended for maintenance 3 days before our arrival. When we came out of the station there was a Mall call called city gate mall. Almost all the shops in the malls are Factory Outlet. I forgot our Giant Buddha and I was taken away by city gate outlets. The prices were really cheap. I got a Nike shoe for 679Hk$, where as the same one was priced 1799Hk$ in time square mall.Before going to the Buddha Point please see the list of outlets here and also a couple of pictures.Alfred Dunhill
1.AlX Armani Exchange Outlet 2.Anteprima Outlet 3.Aquascutum 4.Bally
5.Brooks Brothers Factory Store 6.Burberry 7.Callaway Outlet 8.Calvin Klein Jeans
9.Calvin Klein Underwear 10.Cerruti 1881 11.Club 21 Outlet (ck Calvin Klein, DKNY)
12.Club Monaco Studio 13.DAKS 14.DIANE von FURSTENBERG 15.Dickson Outlet
16.D'urban 17.ESCADA 18.Esprit Outlet 19.Gieves & Hawkes 20.Giordano Outlet
21.Guess Outlet 22.HOM Outlet 23.I.T Outlet 25.Kent and Curwen 26.Kinji Design 27.Accessories Outlet 28.Kookai Outlet 29.Laura Ashley Outlet 30.Levi's Outlet
31.MANGO Outlet 32.Max & Co. 33.Max Mara Fashion Group 34.Moiselle Outlet
35.Nautica Outlet 36.Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store 37.Seven7 Outlet
38.Tommy Hilfiger 39.Vivienne Tam Outlet
Specially those who are having 5 to 7 hours break to catch the other flight from Hk can use this Outlet for quick shopping and to go back to the Airport which is very near.
Attached Thumbnails
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_1031.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-car.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 2nd April 2012, 21:06   #134
Senior - BHPian

After a stroll over the city gate outlets we went to the bus station which was just out side the Mall. From there we took a bus to The Buddha Point. It might be of 10 to 15 kms. The bus fare is flat 3.2HK$. We used the Octopus card here for the Bus. It was a nice hill ride and some places we were traveling along the shore. Where ever the beach I saw in the town are all were protected beaches only. There was no natural sandy beach in Hong kong.On the top there was a welcome gate. From there there were the statues of 12 Generals of Buddha.In the center there was a square. Behind the square there was a Monastery and a restaurant. There were many items to buy as souvenirs.The miniature Buddha was sold by the monastery people and heard the profit goes to the Monastery. A vegetarian lunch costed 65Hk$. A different chinese taste and different experience. The day we reached there was a foggy day and Buddha was enveloped by the fog. The whole area was well decorated with flowers.Here are some pictures of Tian Tan Buddha. We have covered the area in the lower stage.
Attached Thumbnails
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0977.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0981.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_0988.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_1014.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_1018.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_1019.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_1029.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2012, 13:41   #135
Senior - BHPian

After visiting the Buddha Point,we came back to our room and took rest.Around 6 pm our friend came back from his job. We were taken to the Star ferry per side. It was a wonderful view of the Hon kong city. We have seen the star cruise anchored there. The city was well lighted in the evening after 7 PM. We can say Hong kong is the city of lights. We came back and went for dinner. There were many Indian restaurants near our Hotel. There is no problem of Indian food in Nathan Road, After dinner we went with him to see him off to his house in other part of Hong kong. That time he told us to cross the sea through the ferry which costed us HK$2.20. In comparison with bus and MTR it was dead cheap and fast too.We were near the central piers which is a bus terminal too. Just in a few meters the Famous international Finance corporation and Mall. The area is called as finance street. He took a bus from pier number 5 and 6 and went. We looked at the IFC mall and the apple store and came back and spent some time in the star ferry pier and enjoyed the lighting beauty and went back to hotel and the day 2 of Hong kong ended there. Here are the photos
Attached Thumbnails
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_1070.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_1081.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_1365.jpg  

What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-img_1374.jpg  

Attached Images