Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 18th November 2009, 21:37   #1
BHPian

Default Bangalore - Udupi - Kukke - Bangalore

Hello Guys,

Im planning to travel Bangalore Udupi (halt for a day or two) Kukke Bangalore - Starting this Sunday morning.

Could you please help me with the available route options and what route is going to be best / optimal while Im driving PalioD?

If we want to offer proper puja at Kukke, do we need to book in advance? In that case, I guess we may need to spend one full day and night out there, else we may plan for a couple hour halt for darshan at Kukke. Suggestions on good places to stay at Udupi and Kukke are welcome. Thank you.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 22:05   #2
BHPian

Hi Ketan,

Not been to Kukke, but I too plan to visit sometime soon and bumped into the below info from one of the Travelogues. Hope it helps.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/45424-my-first-travelogue-bangalore-kukke.html[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Shree Kukke Subrahmanya Temple
H_Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 00:43   #3
BHPian

Thank you,

I remember going through that one earlier. 3 months back I travelled to Kukke and back, but it was a hired vehicle (Innova) and I found the road was in bad shape.

This time, I'm driving my vehicle, I'm thinking to go to Udupi via charmadi ghat (I guess that should be the right route - I'm to find out more) and want to do Kukke on way back - that time, I may still use charmadi ghat (assuming shiradi ghat is still not so good and time consuming and charmadi will be more scenic), I also read from a few guys drove shiradi ghar recently that its been fixed and good to drive - though not read / heard anything for past 15 days or so, need to know the most recent status so I can take a call (if its not too long and time consuming, I would love the quiet and scenic charmadi route). Bangalore to Mangalore thread will also provide good information on this - I will keep an eye on that thread as well.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 10:42   #4
BHPian

There is a 90+ page long thread running for over three years about traveling to the coasts. You'll get all the info you need over there.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-udupi-90.html (The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi)
bullinb is offline   Reply With Quote