Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 7th May 2017, 18:40   #331
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Cool Drives within 150km from Bangalore

Beautiful find!

I must say Pandavpura-Nagamangala-Melkote form a nice triangle around which quite many places can be explored.

A simple example of what we may miss:

We all go to Sravanabelagola. But the hill next door; Chandragiri is as beautiful as it can be

Cool Drives within 150km from Bangalore-chandragiri.jpg
ampere is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 20:11   #332
BHPian

Of late, I am enjoying my weekends by taking my family (& friends) for lunch/dinner to food joints outside Bangalore which have outdoor kids play arena. My 1.2 yr old son seems to enjoy these small play areas with swings and slides. My frequently visited restaurants are Kamat at Chikballapur and Maiyas (Highway Star food court) at Kolar. Is there any such family friendly restaurant on Tumkur Road and Mysore Road? I have traveled on Mysore road many times but never stopped to find out whether kids play area is there or not.
ankan.m.blr is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 20:21   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Of late, I am enjoying my weekends by taking my family (& friends) for lunch/dinner to food joints outside Bangalore which have outdoor kids play arena. My 1.2 yr old son seems to enjoy these small play areas with swings and slides.
I remember the Kamat Lokaruchi on Mysore road had kids play area, but I dont enjoy the food there as its too crowded and the taste so-so. My favorite place is Indradanush , even though it doesnt have a play area, there is ample space for kids to run around
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 07:25   #334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there any such family friendly restaurant on Tumkur Road and Mysore Road? I have traveled on Mysore road many times but never stopped to find out whether kids play area is there or not.
Mysore road may have many. In fact there should be nice small get-together kind of resorts where you can go just for lunch and turn. I remember reading about some in Ramnagar.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 07:59   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Of late, I am enjoying my weekends by taking my family (& friends) for lunch/dinner to food joints outside Bangalore which have outdoor kids play arena. My 1.2 yr old son seems to enjoy these small play areas with swings and slides. My frequently visited restaurants are Kamat at Chikballapur and Maiyas (Highway Star food court) at Kolar. Is there any such family friendly restaurant on Tumkur Road and Mysore Road? I have traveled on Mysore road many times but never stopped to find out whether kids play area is there or not.

There a lot of restaurants on Mysore road , but I am yet to spot some with a kids play area. A couple of them have rabbits, cows , emus etc , to keep the kids amused. Alternative try and drive out to any of the Country club properties. They are mostly out of city but will have kids play areas. There is one on the Big Banyan Tree road off Mysore road.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 08:49   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any such family friendly restaurant on Tumkur Road and Mysore Road?
Mysore road has 2 that I know of
1. A2B after bidadi - https://goo.gl/maps/wBUKtMDwcVy
2. Malgudi Vatika - doesn't have play area as such but lots of space to run around. Would suggest you go here in the afternoon as in the evenings mosquitoes do buzz around and you dont want to risk that. https://goo.gl/maps/8g1cE78irAA2

I haven't come across any on tumkur road that has a play area but if you are OK for a longish ride, then Swati Delicacy before yediur does have a play area.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 09:22   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Swathi Delicacy, Hassan road near Kunigal has a small kids play area and food is good too.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 22:57   #338
Senior - BHPian

Woke up late and saw that the weather was perfect for a quick drive. Decided to head towards Ghati Subramanya for a quick darshan. For once it wasnt hot and there wasnt much of a crowd. Makalidurga was covered in a blanket of clouds and it was fun to stop for some hot roasted corn while watching the rain come down.

Drove back via Dodbalapur - Dabaspete and it was a real pain. 4 laning is still work in progress with frequent switches between lanes. Even the new tarmac stretches havent been leveled and the ride is very bumpy & bouncy. Would not recommend this route. Wanted to check road conditions between Gauribidanur - Madhugiri - Sira. Might just drive back that way the next time I visit Ghati
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 18:45   #339
BHPian

Check out 18 one day trips around Bangalore with detailed itineraries here. Excellent stuff.

http://traveltwosome.com/one-day-trip-from-bangalore/
rakirank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 19:05   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
Check out 18 one day trips around Bangalore with detailed itineraries here
That Blog belongs to BHPian Fauji
procrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 18:32   #341
Senior - BHPian

Didnt have much to do yesterday and hence decide to spend it behind the wheel. Started early and after a good breakfast at Swati delicacy, headed to Melukote via Nagamangala. Everything was green and every tank bund and lake was filled to the brim, which was a beautiful sight!

Climbed up to the temple on top and after battling a band of monkeys, walked down to the Cheluvanarayan temple at the base of the hill. Stopped at Subbanna's mess for some yummy puliyogare and even better sweet pongal.

Decided to head towards Shivanasamudra via Pandavapura - Srirangapatna. Jakkanahalli Cross - Pandavapura stretch has detiorated in the rains and its broken and patchy. Over the next few months, this is pretty sure to have some nice potholes.

Cool Drives within 150km from Bangalore-4.jpg
Decide to try Pandavapura - Mandya as we planned for a quick pitstop at Right O. The road is a mixed bag with some very good stretches and some broken stretches.

After a quick stop at Right O, decided to take another unknown stretch of road to get as close to Bannur - Mallavalli. Took the below road and it was such fun! Google maps as usual kept directing me to take left and I decided to ignore it as long as the road I am driving on has the white end markers

Name:  5.JPG
Views: 620
Size:  40.2 KB

The Road inside Bannur town is such a mess but the straight stretch from Bannur to Mallavalli more than makes up for it. It was good to drive on that straight 2L road with trees & green everywhere.

Gaganchukki did not disappoint and after 30 minutes there, headed back home via Mallavalli - Kanakpura - Nice Road. As usual after Kanakpura, speed drops thanks to the surge in traffic.

Cool Drives within 150km from Bangalore-1.jpg
Cool Drives within 150km from Bangalore-3.jpg

procrj is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 00:28   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Woke up late and saw that the weather was perfect for a quick drive. Decided to head towards Ghati Subramanya for a quick darshan. For once it wasnt hot and there wasnt much of a crowd. Makalidurga was covered in a blanket of clouds and it was fun to stop for some hot roasted corn while watching the rain come down.
Hi, many thanks for mentioning one more day trip destination. Requesting you to provide a gmap link to the route you travelled. I'll be traveling with a toddler (1.5 yrs) that too in a hatch, so need to know the best route. Also please mention good food stops & restroom facilities on the way.
ankan.m.blr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 20:52   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
gmap link to the route you travelled
Here is the route you should take https://goo.gl/maps/ugD843sqFjq
Food stops - nothing much once you exit the NH. Lots of new food places have popped up in the service road ahead of the left deviation from NH. Nandi Upchar is one of the tried & tested places - https://goo.gl/maps/M4yyFdhoT4o
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 16:03   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Here is the route you should take https://goo.gl/maps/ugD843sqFjq
Food stops - nothing much once you exit the NH. Lots of new food places have popped up in the service road ahead of the left deviation from NH. Nandi Upchar is one of the tried & tested places - https://goo.gl/maps/M4yyFdhoT4o
Thank you Sir. This is the route provided by you.
Cool Drives within 150km from Bangalore-ghati-sub-01.jpg

Gmaps is showing one more route :
Cool Drives within 150km from Bangalore-ghati-sub-02.jpg

In your opinion which one will be better road condition wise?
ankan.m.blr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 16:27   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
which one will be better road condition wise?
Both roads are OK. Usually I go via the route I suggested and return via the second option Gmaps indicated. Do note that some sections of the SH are being 4 laned so dont be tempted to drive fast as you invariably need to slow down and get back on the 2L section after some distance
procrj is offline   Reply With Quote