Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 21st November 2009, 02:04   #1
Exclamation Delhi to Kathmandu....by road

Been planning a trip from Delhi to Kathmandu.....by road. Though I've done this trip years ago (with my dad in the 90's) it used to be via Gorakhpur(India), Soluoni border (Nepal), as well a different route, from Tanakpur, Banbasa(Uttarakhand). Since it's been a looong time I've travelled this circuit, If any fellow BHPian has treaded this path in recent times, would appreciate if I could have the latest news about the road conditions, etc as of today with their inputs/experiences on the journey(people, political conditions), weather, hotels/pit stops, etc.

Plan is to travel in the coming week in our Indigo, wud appreciate valuable tips from fellow BHPians......

Cheers !!!
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 08:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Check out the following blog which I found someone had driven by bike from Delhi.

delhi to nepal on two wheels
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 09:01   #3

Hi ridinthru',

This would be a great trip, man. It means crossing the mighty Himalaya, right? Or if not that even then a lot of traveling would be right in the lap of the Himalaya Parvat. I'll call that a trip of a lifetime. Fantastic thought and I'm sure you will do well
Akadian is offline   Reply With Quote