Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 21st November 2009, 05:16   #1
BHPian

Default Chennai to Tirunelveli - Current Road Condition

Team, I would like to know the current condition of the Chennai to Tirunelveli roads. I have travelled on this road in September and it was excellent till Kayathar. After the rains i havent travelled, if anyone had travelled in this route after the recent rains please give your feedback.

I am planning my travel by next friday (27th Nov 2009) if any precautions can be given that would be helpful.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 08:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

I went on the Madurai - Kanyakumari road earlier this week.

The road below the under-construction Kayathar flyover is a mess, and the passage through the town is slow. The 4-lane road resumes 2 kms later and ends immediately after crossing the India Cements plant in Sankarnagar. Tirunelveli bypass begins 3 kms ahead of that.

The road from Madurai is excellent except for a few flyovers under construction, where there are well-marked deviations.

The 150 kms from Madurai bypass to Tirunelveli bypass took me exactly 2 hours in the night (1030 pm - 1230 am).
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 09:25   #3
BHPian

Thanks Kumar. Seems like the road conditions have not changed since my travel in september. Thank you very much for the update.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote