Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 23rd November 2009, 21:42   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
i second this fully,
Vayu Vajra Service (= volvo service for BIAL) is the best public bus service i have seen in India at least.
Yes the Vayu Vajra service is the best. I usually use it when I'm traveling but to drop folks or pick up folks the car works out better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Hey Vid, i know a route from Hennur signal which connects to Kogilu cross (Yelahanka new town junction) via Kothanur and Hegde Nagar. There a lot of twists and turns involved. I can accompany you and show this route whenever possible. Absolutely no truck or bus traffic. You will even hardly find cars on this route. It passes throught all possible villages surrounded by Farm houses (Kothanur etc). Let me know.
Thanks a lot torque123, I'll definitely get in touch with you well before my airport trip and ask for directions.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:50   #17
Team-BHP Support

I think i have tried this route sometime back, i dont think you will enjoy it much if you are driving your own cars
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think i have tried this route sometime back, i dont think you will enjoy it much if you are driving your own cars
Jaggu, if u were referring to the route which i mentioned, then i can assure you that the roads are good now. I take this route very often.
Torque123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:50   #19
Team-BHP Support

Ok i have to admit this was atleast an year ago, it was in bad shape then.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd November 2009 at 22:54.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:03   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Ok i have to admit this was atleast an year ago, it was in bad shape then.
Just came across this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
The Public Works Department has developed four more link roads to the airport. But not many Bangaloreans are aware of these stretches. Because, there is not much information available on these roads.

These roads, what PWD terms as escape routes, connects Devanahalli from various points. One can, by and large, avoid busy NH-7 by taking these routes.

The routes and the connecting villages are :

*Link Road 1: Western part of Devanahalli taluk roads connecting NH-207 to Karehalli:

NH-207: Jyothipura – Koira – Mayasandra – Meesaganahalli – Tylagere – Karehalli

NH-207 – Savakanahalli – Annegata – Bidalur – Muddanayakanahalli – Kodugurki Aradesanahalli – Jalge –Ramenahalli – Singarahalli

NH-7 – Kempathimnahalli – Uganwapi – Devagunahalli – Solur – Byadarahalli – Chikkagulahalli - Mayasandra

*Link Road 2: NH-4 to Devanahalli via Budigere: Budigere cross - Mandur - Jyotipura cross - Handrahalli cross - Bagalur junction - Agalkote cross - Rayasandra - Devanahalli village limit

*Link Road 3: Bangalore-Nandi Hills Road (SH-104): Bellahalli cross - Bellahalli - Kannur - Hosurbande - Chagalatti - Bagalur - Mylanahalli - Kadayerapanhalli - Singahalli - Budigere cross

*Link Road 4: Yelahanka-Vijayapura road: Budigere - Chowdappanahalli - Kaggalahalli, Somanathanahalli - Nalluru - Balepura - Dinnur - Vijayapura town

Source DH
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 18:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Default GPS track on google maps

Hi Vid,
did this route twice more (ITPL to BIAL direction), and captured the track on my phone. Here are the map pictures

Route1 (left image): Through Devanahalli town : Recommended route, faster and better roads though ~5km longer

Route2 (right image) : Forks off (left at the island like I mentioned before). Goes through villages, and across a railway level crossing and meets up with NH7 before BIAL turnoff. Small parts have broken roads, and one has to take more turns etc. Avoidable in my view.

Cheers,
Attached Images

Last edited by lancer_rit : 12th December 2009 at 18:13.
lancer_rit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 12:11   #22
BHPian

@lancer_rit: in the 2nd map you attached I can see a road just above 'bande kodigehalli' is written. Does it not exist in reality and hence we had to go all the way to NH7 and come back to airport?
arindamray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 13:34   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
@lancer_rit: in the 2nd map you attached I can see a road just above 'bande kodigehalli' is written. Does it not exist in reality and hence we had to go all the way to NH7 and come back to airport?
I think once you get-off NH4, on the BIAL road, you find markings all the way till Devenhalli from where you need to come back via NH7 to BIAL. I think the second road does not exist. (Please let me know if I am wrong.)
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote