Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2013, 18:20   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Would ask again. Any specific reasons to go via MP? I still think the option via AMD/Mumbai/Pune would be faster (in spite of the bigger towns that you need to cross).
Going via mp to see some friends. Also have done the GJ route thrice in the last two years. This will be my 6th Gurgaon Goa roadtrip since Aug 2010.
Old 21st June 2013, 19:27   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: Delhi - Goa - Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsenindia View Post
Going via mp to see some friends. Also have done the GJ route thrice in the last two years. This will be my 6th Gurgaon Goa roadtrip since Aug 2010.
OK Now makes sense to. Let me try to answer questions.

Quote:
Been told that the Chittorgarh - Nimbahera direct route is a very bad stretch as is the direct Lebad/Pithampur/mhao stretch.
Chittorh-Nimbahera : No Idea. Nimbahera-Lebad is super 4-lane.

Quote:
Also been told that the Gurgaon - Faridabad - Agra - Gwalior - Indore route is a disaster.
Plan to leave Gurgaon at 430am to beat the early morning trucks & back-to-back road works.
No point going via Agra. Its still worth taking Jaipur road. Just need to time to beat the truck traffic. Is Jaipur road that bad in traffic that you need to go via Agra/Dausa to come to Jaipur?
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 20:12   #18
BHPian

I also think Mumbai-NH4 is a good option.

Do not miss this thread on the above section:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ries-here.html
Old 21st June 2013, 20:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is Jaipur road that bad in traffic that you need to go via Agra/Dausa to come to Jaipur?
Oh yes, its getting worse day by day. I take this route everyday to reach my office and i can safely say that there is NO safe time to avoid traffic jam on this delhi-jaipur stretch. Its better to take dausa route, much better option and clean roads.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 11:27   #20
BHPian

Re: Route Tips Gurgaon to Goa

Quote:
Going via MP.

Gurgaon - Indore/MP route plan is via Jaipur - Ajmer - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Mangalwad - Nimbahera - Neemunch - Ratlam - Lebad - Manpur - Mhow - Indore.

Been told that the Chittorgarh - Nimbahera direct route is a very bad stretch as is the direct Lebad/Pithampur/mhao stretch.

Also been told that the Gurgaon - Faridabad - Agra - Gwalior - Indore route is a disaster.

Plan to leave Gurgaon at 430am to beat the early morning trucks & back-to-back road works.

Can any one comment on the Gurgaon - Sohna - Alwar - Dausa - Jaipur stetch?

Hi there,
Roads are good in MP contrary to what people may think . Also you dont get much traffic hurdles other than " weekly haats " at some villages.

About Chittor- Nimbahera the problem is that it has too much traffic. But it is clear route to take. My Brother came last week in Innova from this route.

There is also another way to do this when you are in MP.

a. Road from Lebad to Indore is real bad. Its so bad that you will practically want to walk. In sometime people will start trekking like activities in this road .

b. Once you start the 4-laned road from Neemuch Turn for Unhel at Joara.
Jaora-Unhel-Ujjain-Indore. It gives you chance to visit the Ujjain Mahakal Jyotriling temple. Its a newly constructed toll road and reduces distance by 50 Kms

Neemuch-Jaora-Unhel-Ujjain-Indore
or. Neemuch-Jaora-Badnawar-Badnagar-Ujjain-Indore

c. Visit famous eatries in Indore and then proceed towards Manpur - Mumbai 4-Lane till Malegoan from where you can divert towards Shirdi-Pune-Kolhapur-Goa Route. Its fast and you can expect speedy time coverage.

d. Agra-Gwalior - Indore road is a disaster as it is two - laned road with patch work on almost all the pothholes but entire stretch is full of traffic at all times 24x7. Not to mention its advisable not to travel in the night on this road.
bhavtol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 13:36   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavtol View Post
Jaora-Unhel-Ujjain-Indore. It gives you chance to visit the Ujjain Mahakal Jyotriling temple. Its a newly constructed toll road and reduces distance by 50 Kms
I knew that the Ujjain option is very good. But never realised that the Lebad-Indore is so bad, that one may need to take this option. Thanks for bringing it out.
Old 26th June 2013, 09:55   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Oh yes, its getting worse day by day. I take this route everyday to reach my office and i can safely say that there is NO safe time to avoid traffic jam on this delhi-jaipur stretch. Its better to take dausa route, much better option and clean roads.
No safe time - thats frightening. Any comments on taking the Gurgaon - Sohna - Nuh - Ferozpur Jharka - Rawli - Naugaon - Alwar - baswa - Bamanpura - Dausa - Beeghawas - Lalsot - Kothun - Tonk - Deoli - Shahpura - Bhilwara - Chiitorgarh.

Any help is appreciated as I really dont want to start my journey down Hell's road (ie : Gurgaon - Jaipur).
Old 26th June 2013, 10:28   #23

Quote:
Quote:
Hi there,
Roads are good in MP contrary to what people may think . Also you dont get much traffic hurdles other than " weekly haats " at some villages.

About Chittor- Nimbahera the problem is that it has too much traffic. But it is clear route to take. My Brother came last week in Innova from this route.

There is also another way to do this when you are in MP.

a. Road from Lebad to Indore is real bad. Its so bad that you will practically want to walk. In sometime people will start trekking like activities in this road .

Neemuch-Jaora-Unhel-Ujjain-Indore
or. Neemuch-Jaora-Badnawar-Badnagar-Ujjain-Indore

c. Visit famous eatries in Indore and then proceed towards Manpur - Mumbai 4-Lane till Malegoan from where you can divert towards Shirdi-Pune-Kolhapur-Goa Route. Its fast and you can expect speedy time coverage.

d. Agra-Gwalior - Indore road is a disaster as it is two - laned road with patch work on almost all the pothholes but entire stretch is full of traffic at all times 24x7. Not to mention its advisable not to travel in the night on this road.
Thanks for the warning on Lebad - Indore and Agra & Gwalior. Any comments on the Lebad - Manpur stretch? My final destination is Mhow (not indore as previously stated). Is the Lebad - Manpur stretch better than the Lebad - Pithampura - Mhow stretch? Thanks for your insights.

Quote:
OK Now makes sense to. Let me try to answer questions.

Chittorh-Nimbahera : No Idea. Nimbahera-Lebad is super 4-lane.

No point going via Agra. Its still worth taking Jaipur road. Just need to time to beat the truck traffic. Is Jaipur road that bad in traffic that you need to go via Agra/Dausa to come to Jaipur?
Hi. Dont need to go to Agra to get to Duasa. Plan is Gurgaon - Sohna - Alwar - Dausa - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh. Any comments on recent road conditions on this stretch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I also think Mumbai-NH4 is a good option.

Do not miss this thread on the above section:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ries-here.html
Done the NH4 (Mumbai - Pune - Kohlapur - Belgaum) many times and will use it this time too (Pune - Nipani).

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th June 2013 at 12:52. Reason: back to back posts
Old 27th June 2013, 12:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the warning on Lebad - Indore and Agra & Gwalior. Any comments on the Lebad - Manpur stretch? My final destination is Mhow (not indore as previously stated). Is the Lebad - Manpur stretch better than the Lebad - Pithampura - Mhow stretch? Thanks for your insights.
Lebad-Manpur is superb-newly built-4-laned-toll road made by Valecha Constructions. If your final desitination is MHOW then definately take this route, although you would have to turn back at manpur towards mhow but it is not a big issue. At Lebad ask for directions and ask them about the new 4 laned road.

p.s. If you are staying in MHOW dont forget to try out fresh Kachoris at Baba Kulfi House in Rau
Old 27th June 2013, 12:37   #25

Quote:
Lebad-Manpur is superb-newly built-4-laned-toll road made by Valecha Constructions. If your final desitination is MHOW then definately take this route, although you would have to turn back at manpur towards mhow but it is not a big issue. At Lebad ask for directions and ask them about the new 4 laned road.

p.s. If you are staying in MHOW dont forget to try out fresh Kachoris at Baba Kulfi House in Rau
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I got the turnback from Manpur as I would have to take a left to Manpur to get onto the right side of the highway. Thanks again.

Any comment on getting from Mhow to Bhandardara via Ghoti or Sangamner?
Old 27th June 2013, 12:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I got the turnback from Manpur as I would have to take a left to Manpur to get onto the right side of the highway. Thanks again.

Any comment on getting from Mhow to Bhandardara via Ghoti or Sangamner?
Coming from Lebad to Manpur you will overshoot mhow and then you will have to travel back towards MHOW/Indore on the NH highway approx by 25 Kms. Also take caution that you take the Lebad Manpur Highway only and not the road via Mandu (mandav-garh) as it is a 2-laned bad road. No idea on the other question though.
Old 27th June 2013, 14:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would disagree. Delhi jaipur stretch is much better now than what it was 6 months back. I did delhi-Jaipur 15 days back and managed to reach jaipur from Gurgaon in 4 .5 hrs with one stop. We travel to delhi atleast once a month and I keep alternating between the route via Alwar-Dausa and the regular NH8 and more or less the time taken on both routes are the same.

My suggestion is to try and pass gurgaon area between 10.30 and 1300 hrs for a relatively smoother drive to jaipur

Quote:
No safe time - thats frightening. Any comments on taking the Gurgaon - Sohna - Nuh - Ferozpur Jharka - Rawli - Naugaon - Alwar - baswa - Bamanpura - Dausa - Beeghawas - Lalsot - Kothun - Tonk - Deoli - Shahpura - Bhilwara - Chiitorgarh.

Any help is appreciated as I really dont want to start my journey down Hell's road (ie : Gurgaon - Jaipur).
Better would be Gurgaon - Sohna - Taouru- Bhiwadi (sh25)- Alwar to Sikandra (rajasthan) - route till Dausa. Then from Dausa you take NH11 to Jaipur and then onwards to NH8 and from Kishangarh NH79 to Chittor. But it will be very long.

If you have to do Gurgaon - Chittor I would suggest you stick to NH8 till Kishangarh and start early in the morning from Gurgaon.

Regards
Old 27th June 2013, 16:53   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
I would disagree. Delhi jaipur stretch is much better now than what it was 6 months back.
============================
If you have to do Gurgaon - Chittor I would suggest you stick to NH8 till Kishangarh and start early in the morning from Gurgaon.

Regards
Thanks for the info. 2 questions :
1. I was told the Gurgaon - Sohna - Nuh - Alwar road is 4 lane divided highway. Is that wrong?

2. What time departure would you recommend from Gurgaon if we were to use the NH8?

Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 12:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. 2 questions :
1. I was told the Gurgaon - Sohna - Nuh - Alwar road is 4 lane divided highway. Is that wrong?

2. What time departure would you recommend from Gurgaon if we were to use the NH8?

Thanks
1. Gurgaon - Sohna - bhiwadi - Alwar route is 4 laned and very good except the stretch around Taouru that is bad. I have not travelled the Nuh route but highly doubt if it is even good forget being a 4 lane. If you do not wish to take NH8, take the Gurgaon - Bhiwadi - Alwar route. You will not regret it. Just make sure that you slow down at crossings/ small villages as there are some un marked speed breakers there.

2. As suggested earlier, I still feel for Chittor, Nh8 is the best. My cousins started from Gurgaon yesterday at 0630 hrs and were in Jaipur by 1100 hrs with 1 break. So started around that time or by 0600 hrs would be good.

Regards
Old 27th July 2013, 22:07   #30
BHPian

Delhi to Goa route advice

Looking to take advantage of a long independence day week to drive from Delhi to Goa. What is the recommended route now? Would like to avoid large cities as far as possible and would prefer the scenic route, if any, for the trip.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks