Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 20:17   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mumbai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Accommodation at Raigad fort

Hi,
I am planning to drive to Raigad fort next month with my wife and 6 year old daughter and would like to stay overnight there. Is it recommended to stay at MTDC hilltop? What about accommodation provided by Raigad Ropeway (www.raigadropeway.com).
Thanks[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
kadwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 21:50   #2
BHPian
 
SX4LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Highway
Posts: 277
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Mtdc

there is no doubt that you should stay at MTDC. excellent accomodation, good food and absolutely fantastic location. Worth every penny!!!
SX4LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 22:09   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MH42
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 285 Times
Default

I stayed at raigad mtdc for one night. It is very dangerous place to stay. That villas are old and lack maintainance. In my cottage, i found poisonous snake. Caretaker said that it is common to find snakes in room and around. Please do not stay at raigad mtdc. There is no need to stay at raigad fort. If you still want to stay at fort then stay at rope way guest house.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 19:06   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mumbai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I stayed at raigad mtdc for one night. It is very dangerous place to stay. That villas are old and lack maintainance. In my cottage, i found poisonous snake. Caretaker said that it is common to find snakes in room and around. Please do not stay at raigad mtdc. There is no need to stay at raigad fort. If you still want to stay at fort then stay at rope way guest house.
Thanks for the information. Is ropeway guest house is at hilltop?
kadwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 22:04   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MH42
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 285 Times
Default

Rope way guest house is at base and hill top also. At hill top, i think there are two/three cottages and restaurant at rope way complex.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 12:50   #6
BHPian
 
arin_12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 598
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

We have a consolidated thread 4 accommodation and stay. Please refer to this section.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ion-rates.html

Mods please can you merge this thread.
arin_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 22:35   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 167
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Rope way guest house on the Riagad is very primitive. However, if you stay on the fort - the advantage is the long queues for the rope way can be avoided altogether. I have once visited fort once - went up in the evening, stayed overnight and returned by lunch time. Also, the fort visit can also be completed in morning.
naren_gs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 19:23   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mumbai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thanks a lot everyone. I will share my experience once I complete my trip.
kadwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 09:08   #9
BHPian
 
nomadabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Accommodation at Raigad fort

Around Raigad, the best would be to stay at Hotel Kuber Palace. Nice rooms and good people. Food is ok. Good parking space.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 14:54   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 182
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Accommodation at Raigad fort

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Around Raigad, the best would be to stay at Hotel Kuber Palace. Nice rooms and good people. Food is ok. Good parking space.
I was going thru the various posts on Raigad and happened to come across your post. I am planning a trip to Goa this summer and would like to visit Raigad fort enroute. Hotel Kuber is what i too had in mind for an overnight stay. Couple of queries -
1) how much driving time does it take to reach Raigad fort base from Kuber Palace?
2) approx how much time do you think will be reasonably required to tour the fort (i know the fort is very big but still....)? I understand the ropeway starts from 8.00 am. Can I target to come back to the base by 10 am?

Regards
Sandy
Sandy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 18:21   #11
BHPian
 
nomadabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Accommodation at Raigad fort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
I was going thru the various posts on Raigad and happened to come across your post. I am planning a trip to Goa this summer and would like to visit Raigad fort enroute. Hotel Kuber is what i too had in mind for an overnight stay. Couple of queries -
1) how much driving time does it take to reach Raigad fort base from Kuber Palace?
2) approx how much time do you think will be reasonably required to tour the fort (i know the fort is very big but still....)? I understand the ropeway starts from 8.00 am. Can I target to come back to the base by 10 am?

Regards
Sandy
Sorry for the late reply.

The distance from Hotel Kuber to Raigad is approx. 30kms took about 40-50 minutes by Motorbike.

I havent been to the fort as it was an unplanned detour for us and were at the base in late eve.

Dont plan in summers... Post rains would be best of all times as in monsoon the ropeway would be closed.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 10:03   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 182
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Accommodation at Raigad fort

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Sorry for the late reply.

The distance from Hotel Kuber to Raigad is approx. 30kms took about 40-50 minutes by Motorbike.

I havent been to the fort as it was an unplanned detour for us and were at the base in late eve.

Dont plan in summers... Post rains would be best of all times as in monsoon the ropeway would be closed.
Thanks for the information. I agree that summers are not the best times to visit these places but then that is the only time i can plan this trip right now given work and other issues.

There is a likely change in the plans. I might spend a day in Mumbai and then start early morning from Mumbai for Goa. I do not wish to miss the Raigad fort enroute (my son is a great fan of the Maratha king thanks to the serial on Color chanel ). But was just wondering if I can reach Goa by around 6.00 pm if I start from Raigad say by around 10.30 am?
Sandy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photologue : Fort Kochi without visiting a fort jacs Travelogues 33 8th March 2016 07:14
Pune to Fort Raigad, and MTDC resort on top of the fort choombak Travelogues 16 25th January 2016 15:51
Visit to Raigad Fort : Shivaji's Capital rajarams Travelogues 13 17th July 2013 18:46
The Raigad Fort magiceye Travelogues 15 13th March 2010 10:37
Capital fort of Maratha Empire - Raigad neoonwheels Travelogues 4 22nd October 2008 15:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:27.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks