Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 11th November 2013, 20:46   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Travel Information for Gangtok !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satshen View Post
Hi,
I am 60 yrs and wife 58 yrs. Will we get permit to visit Gurudongmar lake? Thanks
Permits are issued to persons aged between 7 and 60 years. They allowed me to take my 2.5 year old son after signing a bond, but he had health issues.

We had a 60 year old member in the group, he was healthy enough to carry a 25 year old guy while the latter collapsed. It's not the age, but the condition of health during the trip.

All the best!
black_panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 07:31   #77
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Travel Information for Gangtok !!

Hello bhpians,

I need a small advice to plan a trip to East Sikkim during early April this year. Is it possible to do the Siliguri-Kalimpong-Reshi-Zuluk-Kupup-Baba Mandir-Tsogmo Lake-Gangtok route on a motorbike? I have heard that this route's proximity to the Chinese border makes it restricted to the army personnel and only a few civilians are allowed with proper permits.

If it is possible to ride on this route, where can I get the necessary permits done? What important documents are required? And how good (or bad) are the roads? Is it possible to do this entire stretch of around 250 kms on a single day on a motorbike?

Also is it possible to do the Siliguri-Mangan-Yumthang-Gurudongmar Lake-Mangan-Siliguri road on a motorcycle? Any special permits required for this? Any leads to this will be really helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Arunabh
//M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 06:21   #78
BHPian

Default Re: A sample itinerary for your Gangtok trip

I am not sure, but what would be the current charges of a Gangtok visit as per the sample itinerary
raichoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote