Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Closed Thread

Old 15th February 2010, 14:41   #16
BHPian

Thanks csentil for the smart write-up. I did the same route over he weekend and your description of the route helped me a lot. A few points worth adding are

1. Hotel East End in madikeri is an okay place to have food. But they start serving only at 12.45pm. Also expect a huge crowd.

2. In the Bhagamandala - Panathur route you will see milestones showing only the distance to a place called Karike. You can read it as the distance distance to Panathur as both are almost same.

3. The pronunciation of Panathur in Malayalam cannot be guessed easily. It is totally different from what your best guess is.
Old 17th February 2010, 07:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
Thanks csentil for the smart write-up. I did the same route over he weekend
How is the road condition near to Karike (Close to Kerala border while coming from Bhagamandala) ? Earlier it was bad due to some Dam construction and the heavily loaded construction vehicles.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 17th February 2010, 10:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
How is the road condition near to Karike (Close to Kerala border while coming from Bhagamandala) ? Earlier it was bad due to some Dam construction and the heavily loaded construction vehicles.

Thanks
Rajesh
It is still bad, but manageable. I could make out that it got damaged due to heavy vehicles.
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:45   #19
BHPian

Default Re: Route Query: Bangalore to Bekal/Kasaragod

Can anyone please tell me the road conditions from Madikeri to Bekal ? Which is the best road to take ? Through Sulya - Jalsoor - Muleria or through Bhagmandala - Panathoor ?
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Can anyone please tell me the road conditions from Madikeri to Bekal ? Which is the best road to take ? Through Sulya - Jalsoor - Muleria or through Bhagmandala - Panathoor ?
Bhagamandala-Panathur-Kanhangad is a good route to take, there were some rough sections, but for most part a lovely route.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:22   #21
BHPian

Thanks HVK. I'll be driving a small car (Ritz petrol) with 4 adults (family). Since there is ghat section in this road, and you mentioned some rough stretches; Is it manageable in Ritz ?
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 13:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Thanks HVK. I'll be driving a small car (Ritz petrol) with 4 adults (family). Since there is ghat section in this road, and you mentioned some rough stretches; Is it manageable in Ritz ?
I did this route in my Figo last August and the roads were quite managable then. I seem to recall seeing a report from someone in the last 2-3 months which suggested that the road between Madikeri and Bhagamandala had become somewhat worse though.

But the forest drive is very scenic and the traffic sparse, so I think it might be worth taking a chance - drive slowly and enjoy the scenery.
kala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 12:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

What is the latest condition of the Sulya-Jalsoor-Mularia-Kasargod/Bekal route?

I might go to Bekal this weekend. I am leaving from Hassan and may also visit Kukke Subramanya hence the Sulya route.
Old 11th October 2012, 16:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
What is the latest condition of the Sulya-Jalsoor-Mularia-Kasargod/Bekal route?

I might go to Bekal this weekend. I am leaving from Hassan and may also visit Kukke Subramanya hence the Sulya route.
How was your trip, how is the road condition to Bekal via Sulya?
Old 11th October 2012, 17:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
How was your trip, how is the road condition to Bekal via Sulya?
Never went on that trip Simon. Was short of time as I had to reach Mangalore by afternoon.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 21:42   #26
BHPian

Did drive via the following route on last Saturday (6th Dec 2014)
Bangalore-Hunsur-Madikeri-Bhagamandala-Karike/Panathur-Nileswaram

And I should say the road is amazing thorough the dense forest, the 1st 15kms from Bhagamandala via forest is in superb condition then around 10kms not that good though you can easily negotiate it with a sedan and then another 5kms is again good, but the roads are narrow and dont expect anybody to come that easily to you if you have your car broke down inside the forest and you will hardly see any vehicles in the opp direction thoughout the 30kms stretch

Did drive via the following route on last Saturday (6th Dec 2014)

Bangalore-Hunsur-Madikeri-Bhagamandala-Karike/Panathur-Nileswaram

And I should say the road is amazing through the dense forest, the 1st 15kms from Bhagamandala via forest is in superb condition then around 10kms not that good though you can easily negotiate it with a sedan and then another 5kms is again good, but the roads are narrow and dont expect anybody to come that easily to you if you have your car broke down inside the forest and you will hardly see any vehicles in the opp direction throughout the 30kms stretch

videos to follow

Drive inside Talakavery Wildlife Sanctuary videos

Attached Thumbnails
Route Query: Bangalore to Bekal/Kasaragod-wp_20141206_069.jpg  

Route Query: Bangalore to Bekal/Kasaragod-wp_20141207_018.jpg  

Route Query: Bangalore to Bekal/Kasaragod-wp_20141207_031.jpg  

Route Query: Bangalore to Bekal/Kasaragod-wp_20141207_055.jpg  

Last edited by Zappo : 9th December 2014 at 20:44. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Bibin is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread