Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2015, 10:02   #16
BHPian
 
Tempelhof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 450
Thanked: 123 Times
Default ITPL-Ghati Subramanya-Goravanahalli-ITPL

Planning a trip from ITPL area to Ghati Subramanya Temple, and then on to Goravanahalli Mahalakshmi Temple and back.

Can anyone help me by guiding on the best route, as on date. I use a Civic.

Thanks in advance.
Tempelhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 12:37   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,591
Thanked: 8,565 Times
Default Re: ITPL-Ghati Subramanya-Goravanahalli-ITPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Planning a trip from ITPL area to Ghati Subramanya Temple, and then on to Goravanahalli Mahalakshmi Temple and back.

Can anyone help me by guiding on the best route, as on date. I use a Civic.

Thanks in advance.
This is what you do for Ghati Subramanya:

Route Link

Take the BIAL road to Devanahalli and there on to Doddaballapur. Thats the easiest route. Dont know about the Lakshmi temple. My answer would be as good as yours (Google).
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 22:50   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,297
Thanked: 2,705 Times
Default Re: ITPL-Ghati Subramanya-Goravanahalli-ITPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Planning a trip from ITPL area to Ghati Subramanya Temple, and then on to Goravanahalli Mahalakshmi Temple and back.

Can anyone help me by guiding on the best route, as on date. I use a Civic.

Thanks in advance.
For the Gorvanahalli temple, you can continue on the Dodballapur to Dabaspet road.
Just as the road hits the Mumbai highway, you need to take right on to the service road and take the next right again which will lead to Goravanahalli. This road also goes to Devarayanadurga.

Last edited by tharian : 28th February 2015 at 22:52.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 10:34   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,591
Thanked: 8,565 Times
Default Re: ITPL-Ghati Subramanya-Goravanahalli-ITPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
For the Gorvanahalli temple, you can continue on the Dodballapur to Dabaspet road.
Just as the road hits the Mumbai highway, you need to take right on to the service road and take the next right again which will lead to Goravanahalli. This road also goes to Devarayanadurga.
Thats an option no doubt. But are the interior roads that bad, that you have to backtrack all the way back to Doddaballapur/Dobbaspet? Thats the question.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 11:26   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,297
Thanked: 2,705 Times
Default Re: ITPL-Ghati Subramanya-Goravanahalli-ITPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats an option no doubt. But are the interior roads that bad, that you have to backtrack all the way back to Doddaballapur/Dobbaspet? Thats the question.


Not sure how it would be backtracking, perhaps there is another that I am not aware of?

What I thought is ITPL-Hosakote-Devanahalli-Dodballapur-Dobbaspet-Gorvanahalli
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 11:37   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,591
Thanked: 8,565 Times
Default Re: ITPL-Ghati Subramanya-Goravanahalli-ITPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
What I thought is ITPL-Hosakote-Devanahalli-Dodballapur-Dobbaspet-Gorvanahalli
Backtracking because he wanted to first go to Ghati Subramanya. And then he wanted to head to the Lakshmi temple. I saw there is an interior road cutting through Thondebhavi, but dont know the conditions.

Route Link

And now in the other thread I see Rajath saying even Urdigere-Koratagere road is all dug up.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3654589 (Civved : Devarayanadurga)

Last edited by ampere : 1st March 2015 at 11:38.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 12:32   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,297
Thanked: 2,705 Times
Default Re: ITPL-Ghati Subramanya-Goravanahalli-ITPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Backtracking because he wanted to first go to Ghati Subramanya. And then he wanted to head to the Lakshmi temple. I saw there is an interior road cutting through Thondebhavi, but dont know the conditions.

Route Link

And now in the other thread I see Rajath saying even Urdigere-Koratagere road is all dug up.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3654589 (Civved : Devarayanadurga)

Makes sense now. I haven't been to Ghati Subramanya and didn't realize it was near Makali, I thought it was at Dodballapur.
In this case, Thondebavi would be a shorter route depending on the road conditions.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Temple tour, with a dash to the Hills yogee Travelogues 10 14th November 2014 15:42
Around Bidar: The Sri Shiva Mailar Mallana (Khandoba) Temple YanTra Makto Travelogues 11 7th June 2013 22:06
'Xing'ing around ! - HathiSingh Temple, Sidi Saiyyed Mosque & a Haveli in Ahmedabad. hotstuff Travelogues 3 9th June 2010 15:30
Need help in planing All India Temple Tour lingadalli Route / Travel Queries 20 4th January 2010 15:54
At least 75 die in temple stampede at Chamunda Temple in Jodhpur zaks Shifting gears 13 1st October 2008 10:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks