Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 17th January 2010, 22:07   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@phamilyman : It is -5 in sikkim right now .I love cold weather but i want her to be comfortable too .Also i am thinking not risking based on passport .My sister got her passport through tatkal in 2 months though they say in less than a month .So it would be a risk .

Making a planned joruney for other person is so difficult .I wish i could just pick up the car keys and drive her though the whole of India but i cannot not atleast right now.

I have called up Make my trip , yatra , travel guru and asked for packages to Andaman , Lakshwadeep , Kerala today for 6N/7D. Tommorow i will call up IndiaTimes Travel .I wish i could plan everything myself but that will be a risk which i dont want to take so i am taking the safe way out.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 17th January 2010 at 22:09.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 22:09   #17
Team-BHP Support

You do not have to get name changed on passport.
Anyways, is passport is not possible, lakshwadeep is a good option.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 22:21   #18
BHPian

How about Udaipur? It has some amazing (Read Romantic) places to offr around. And you can move from one property to another (HRH Hotels). Check on their site. Sounds regular but is very off beat actually. Places like Kumbhalgarh, Ranakpur, Jaisamand, etc. Very pleasant, very beautiful, just enough site seeing, no crowd and Out of the world hotels. Imagine a double bed that is actually a swing. Or a bath which has lotus shape bath tub. Or an open bath room on the terrace. Or a night under the starlit sky. I have seen many a bachelors promise themselves to be there for their honeymoon.

:-)
All the best!
dushmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 22:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

This is your honeymoon, so I guess sightseeing etc is not as important as the accomodation itself. One of the most beautiful properties I have come across is the Taj Green Cove Resort in Kovalam, Kerala. Rooms will be priced around 9K per day (you may get a better rate if you bargain/book early) but the hotel is worth it. The rooms are great and the grounds are a lush green with a pool and some jacuzzis dotting the place. The overall effect is cozy and one might say 'romantic'. The hotel property includes access to backwaters and a beach area. You could while away a fair amount of time on the putting green or trying your hand at fishing (the fist do bite). Kovalam bay with its numerous food joints is across a headland.

Cheers,

P.S. I am on the hunt for a beach holiday myself and am keeping my eyes glued to this thread.
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 23:09   #20
Team-BHP Support

Trust_In_Thrust,

Nice handle- ajmat would approve. He would also be the best source of information for romantic getaways - drop him a PM.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 23:46   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
How about Udaipur? It has some amazing (Read Romantic) places to offr around. And you can move from one property to another (HRH Hotels). Check on their site. Sounds regular but is very off beat actually. Places like Kumbhalgarh, Ranakpur, Jaisamand, etc. Very pleasant, very beautiful, just enough site seeing, no crowd and Out of the world hotels. Imagine a double bed that is actually a swing. Or a bath which has lotus shape bath tub. Or an open bath room on the terrace. Or a night under the starlit sky. I have seen many a bachelors promise themselves to be there for their honeymoon.

:-)
All the best!
@dushmish : Your description of the place has me on my seats edge . I love it .But right now i am not inclined for north india .N.India is something i can always do later on.

@Ravveedrra :Thanks for the compliment. I checked on the website seems they are booked on my dates .But i have dropped them a email and will also call them tomorrow for more details .

@theMAG : Thanks for moving the thread to the right place .I have dropped @ajmat a PM .Lets hope he can add few more suggestions.

Guys thanks a lot for the suggestions but i want you all to keep them coming.Also i request you all to share where did you go for your honeymoon and your experience on it.

Regards

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 17th January 2010 at 23:51.
Old 18th January 2010, 00:23   #22
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
g.Also i request you all to share where did you go for your honeymoon and your experience on it.

Regards
Oh well guys I'm still 20 but for honeymoon, I would love to head to Bora Bora Islands in Tahiti or Bahamas or Faroe Islands if I'm loaded by then. Or else as a comparatively cheaper destination it has to be Phuket or Langkawi or Cebu. But Tahiti is always on top of my wishlist. Period.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 00:48   #23
BANNED

@//M : Be secured ask for the passport while finalizing marriage .I didn't :-)
But this has given me a challenge as it threw away all my plans out of the window and had to start with a clean page again.I hope i finalize something this week and not anything.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 18th January 2010 at 00:50.
Old 18th January 2010, 03:40   #24
BHPian

A good option could be combining two destinations.Say combining a hill station like Mahabaleshwar( and a few others around the same like Panchgani, Lonavala) with Goa could be an option. 3 days/3 nights at Mahabaleshwar+3days/3 nights at Goa. I guess it would be accommodated in the stipulated time period of a week as well, if one could book a Delhi-Mumbai flight and vice-versa while returning.
Johnny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 09:37   #25
BHPian

Hey T in T, Do not decide till you have seen this.
Mahua Kothi image gallery | Bandhavgarh National Park | Taj Safaris
Image gallery - Baghvan | Pench National Park - India | Taj Safaris
Banjaar Tola - Kanha National Park | Excluse Indian jungle lodge |Taj Safaris
Pashan Garh - Panna National Park | Indian exclusive accommodation | Taj Safaris

Feb is the best time to be in Jungle. With that nip in air during mornings and evenings. Sitting by the side of a bon fire. Animal and bird calls for music. Solitude. What else would you want? May be a walk along the stream. Or a early morning trek to collect some wild flowers. Or a lunch on a machaan.

Just to put on records, these jungles are probably the most beautiful decideous jungles in the world. Jungle book is inspired by Pench. The Taj properties are one of the best Jungle Retreats on the planet.

TBHP bonus - You get to enjoy a drive thru a dense forest to your destination from the nearest airport.

Sieze the moment!
D
dushmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 10:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrtulations to Trust-in-thrust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Feb is the best time to be in Jungle.
@Dushmish,
jungles are good but.....jungle for honeymoon...is too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I would love to head to Bora Bora Islands in Tahiti
I agree. Its right place.
Romantic destination= Bora Bora island.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 18th January 2010 at 10:35.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 10:46   #27
BHPian

If you love beaches then I would suggest you Andaman's. Also you can try a small island called Devbagh (near Karwar in karnataka along the west coast). For accomdations in devbagh plz check Jungle Lodges & Resorts Eco Holidays and then you can proceed towards Goa.

Else you can explore Kerela-Alleppey,Thekkady and Munnar.All are lovely places (God's Own Country).

All The Best!
sanju.iitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 10:52   #28
BHPian

How about Maldives? Fantastic destination and the place i went to (Farouk resort) was amazing.

Indian Airlines used to have this scheme where if you booked a return ticket, they would throw in 2n/3d free in price. I think this was available ex Trivandrum from where they fly to Male. One of my friends had availed of this 2/ years back and it cost him just around 13k or so.

they also have similar schemes of thieir Singapore and Bangkok flights.
COUGAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 11:42   #29
BHPian

Dude,

Congrats. Kerala is your place.

Do a hill station and a back waters place.
Dont try to do too much of travel. Max out at 2 or 3 places and spend 2 to 3 days at each place.

I'd recommend Kumarakom (backwaters), Munnar(hillstation) and Kovalam(beach).
They are not far away so internal travel between these place wouldnt be too much of a bother.

Save money on travel (like take rajdhani trains instead of booking flights/full time cabs) and opt for good start rated resorts instead. They will offer all inclusive packages along with station/airport pick up and drops. Spend your money on the location.

My picks would be Kumarakom Lake Resort and Leela @ Kovalam.

Else, the Andamans is also another option.

Edit:
Another tip.
Instead of looking for packages thru travel portals, plan out your own iternary.
Negotiate hard and book directly with the resorts, and get you tickets yourself as well.
Will turn out cheaper.

Last edited by jigbarai : 18th January 2010 at 11:45.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 23:32   #30
BANNED

Okay after a lot of thinking i think i am going with
Day 1 : Board Flight from Delhi at aruound 7 am .Reach cochin by 10 am.Places for Sighseeing in Cochin after noon are Cochin Harbor terminus fishing nets ; Mattancherry Dutch Palace; The Jewish Synagogue and St. Francis Church (built in 1510 Vasco Da Gama was originally buried here). Later visit the Hill Palace which was built in the 19th century by the Raja of Kochi, the Kochi province was ruled from here. Later in the evening enjoy the classic art form of Kathakali.Stay at the hotel overnight.

Day 2 :Leave for Munnar by Taxi .Reach Munnar at 2 pm . Stay for the night at Munnar .
Day 3 : Sightseeing in Munnar .After breakfast visit Pothamedu known for its plantation business apart from trekking and hiking options amidst sylvan surroundings. Devikulam is an idyllic hill station near Munnar.Attukal has several panoramic waterfalls and offers trekking options.Mattupetty has an artificial lake built by a small hydroelectric project. Rajamala is known as the natural habitat of endangered Nilgiri Tahr.Echo Point is known for the natural echo effect it produces.Stay for the night at the hotel.
Day 4 : Leave for Allepy by 6-7 am .Reach there by 11 am . Board the house boat and go for and cruise the backwaters.Stay for the night on houseboat.
Day 5 : Leave Allepy for Kovalam by 7-8 am .Reach Kovalam by noon. Spend the day at lesiure.
Day 6 : Kovalam Sighseeing.
Day 7 : Check Out Board Flight back home.

All hotel i have decided on 4 stars .
Any suggestions/improvements are welcome as i have to decide in a day or two.
I decided on this as this giving me backwaters , beaches & mountains as a mixture .

Regards

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 18th January 2010 at 23:34.