Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 23:26   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

anusha_snh i might be

Please try taking a forest drive from waynad to kabini/nagarhole.its just amazing,i guess its 30kms and the full drive is across the forest.

I was there in nagarhole last year nov/dec.

i think you can take that route to reach waynad from bangalore.

All the best
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 23:44   #32
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Please try taking a forest drive from waynad to kabini/nagarhole.its just amazing,i guess its 30kms and the full drive is across the forest.
Is this the route you are talking about? Can you please give some more info on this route? I would love to take a more scenic route even if it is longer by few kilometers.

Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001 to Kalpetta, Kerala - Google Maps

Wayanad resorts query-bengaluru-karnataka-560001-kalpetta-kerala-google-maps_1282068701916.png
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 07:18   #33
BHPian
 
sandeep3in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 202
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

We need a reference of a Good and Decent Hotel in Wayanad .

I have a wedding to attend in Thamaraserry and thought the best place to take a rest would be at Wayanad .

The stay is just for one day just to attend the wedding .

Will be traveling with an infant , so please suggest a place which is neat and decent.

Searched for Hotel on trip advisor and other forums yielded mixed results.

Please help , TIA
sandeep3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 09:01   #34
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,602
Thanked: 8,593 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
We need a reference of a Good and Decent Hotel in Wayanad .
Heard decent things about this place: (Though I have not stayed myself)

Hotel Mint Flower
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 10:29   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 289
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

Banasura resort is real good. Location is very scenic. They have a waterfalls in the resort area itself. I had a wonderful time there.
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 10:58   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 704 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
We need a reference of a Good and Decent Hotel in Wayanad .

I have a wedding to attend in Thamaraserry and thought the best place to take a rest would be at Wayanad .

The stay is just for one day just to attend the wedding .

Will be traveling with an infant , so please suggest a place which is neat and decent.

Searched for Hotel on trip advisor and other forums yielded mixed results.

Please help , TIA
If you are just looking for a stop over stay, then Mananthavady town would be the best option being closer to Thalassery. Hotel Bramhagiri is the best

Welcome to Hotel Brahmagiri : Hotel,Restaurant,Multi cuisine family Restaurant,Coffee Shop,Rooftop Restaurant,Conference hall,Ample car parking,Travel Counter,Sight seeing,Trekking,Camping,Jungle Safari,Mananthavadi,Wayanad,Kerala

If you want to stay at kalpetta town itself Hotel woodlands is a good option

Hotel accommodation for a comfortable stay in Wayanad - The Woodlands Hotel -

On the other hand if you are looking for resorts, there are plenty - just have a look at our travelogue section apart from what ampere and zombiee have suggested
mallumowgli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 11:53   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
If you are just looking for a stop over stay, then Mananthavady town would be the best option being closer to Thalassery. Hotel Bramhagiri is the best

Welcome to Hotel Brahmagiri : Hotel,Restaurant,Multi cuisine family Restaurant,Coffee Shop,Rooftop Restaurant,Conference hall,Ample car parking,Travel Counter,Sight seeing,Trekking,Camping,Jungle Safari,Mananthavadi,Wayanad,Kerala

If you want to stay at kalpetta town itself Hotel woodlands is a good option

Hotel accommodation for a comfortable stay in Wayanad - The Woodlands Hotel -

On the other hand if you are looking for resorts, there are plenty - just have a look at our travelogue section apart from what ampere and zombiee have suggested
Can you please suggest a good cottage/resort in Kalpetta?
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 12:02   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 704 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Can you please suggest a good cottage/resort in Kalpetta?
If you are particular about Kalpetta, Royal Palm is a decent one

Hotel Haritagiri is a good hotel, though there are no cottages. Both are bang in the middle of the town (Royal Palm faces the outside of the town)

Have first hand experience only with Royal palm

For cottages you may have to look outside Kalpetta

Last edited by mallumowgli : 1st December 2012 at 12:04.
mallumowgli is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 12:31   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
If you are particular about Kalpetta, Royal Palm is a decent one

Hotel Haritagiri is a good hotel, though there are no cottages. Both are bang in the middle of the town (Royal Palm faces the outside of the town)

Have first hand experience only with Royal palm

For cottages you may have to look outside Kalpetta
Thank you! Booked one cottage at Royal Palm.

Further, any feedback on "Coffee Acres Plantation" resort?
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:12   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
If you are particular about Kalpetta, Royal Palm is a decent one
Thank you for suggesting this place. Its a good place and Manager Shaji is a nice person.

Recommended.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 09:47   #41
BHPian
 
sidharth_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 129
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

Just wanted to check if anyone has some review about 'Best Western Plus Ekobarn' in Kalpetta? The prices seem to be on the higher side, but the property seems to be well kept.
sidharth_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 14:05   #42
BHPian
 
ajitkommini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 483
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

We stayed at Chateau Woods last year and it was a really nice resort.
ajitkommini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 08:53   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 586 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j View Post
Just wanted to check if anyone has some review about 'Best Western Plus Ekobarn' in Kalpetta? The prices seem to be on the higher side, but the property seems to be well kept.
I've seen the place from outside and it seemed decent. But if you're looking for a quite resort-like place, this isn't for you. This location is right on the main road just next to the new Bus stand, so it may be ok as a business hotel - but not as a resort.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 17:48   #44
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,330
Thanked: 4,203 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j View Post
Just wanted to check if anyone has some review about 'Best Western Plus Ekobarn' in Kalpetta? The prices seem to be on the higher side, but the property seems to be well kept.
You can check Blooms Green as well, if you are open for other resorts, http://www.bloomsgreenfarm.com/

Some updates here from my recent visit,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3584829

And this one from Dhanush,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...chi-coorg.html (Diary scribes of an XUV500 - Drive from Kochi to Coorg)
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 11:46   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,738
Thanked: 3,128 Times
Default Re: Wayanad resorts query

Can anyone suggest a good resort in Wayanad that's secluded and scenic? Found this quite interesting.
http://www.coffeecountyresortswayanad.com/

Not looking for extravagant rates. Planning to go there in April.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Route query to Wayanad sabsubs Route / Travel Queries 281 12th December 2017 16:17
Wayanad Hotels/resorts/homestays revhappy Route / Travel Queries 11 8th April 2013 21:30
Bangalore - (Korome) Wayanad route query Jeep Route / Travel Queries 3 25th April 2011 13:09
Vizag: any beach resorts or beach guesthouse? romyeo4u Route / Travel Queries 4 19th March 2009 03:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks