Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 3rd March 2010, 12:06   #46
BHPian

I have been reading this and although I can not offer any help/tips on this route I can only wish you the best moeinuk.

You have had plenty of good information/advice from the pros here and I hope you take that and have a very enjoyable drive to your home.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
I have been reading this and although I can not offer any help/tips on this route I can only wish you the best moeinuk.

You have had plenty of good information/advice from the pros here and I hope you take that and have a very enjoyable drive to your home.
Same with me. I have not driven in North India, and not able to contribute.

But I wish you a safe and enjoyable journey.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:31   #48
BHPian

Default updates from Moeinuk

Got a few updates from Moeinuk while enroute to Varanasi.

He crossed Firozabad at around 9am and reached Kanpur bypass by 12:15pm. Stopped for some tea, bite and smoke and headed off again at 12:30pm.

At this rate, I think he would reach Varanasi by 5pm (just in time to catch the ganga aarti which begins at 6:30pm).
souravdebiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:59   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Update from moeinuk on sms at 1753 hrs: He's entered Benaras (left the expressway at 1730 hrs), and is near the railway station. Not checked in yet.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 13:56   #50
BHPian

Default update

Received Moeinuk's sms at 1:35pm. Left Varanasi at 6:30am. He had reached Isri Bazzar and reports heavy traffic. At the time of sms, he was stuck for almost 35mins.
souravdebiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 10:27   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, moeinuk's back home at Kolkata, safe and sound, at 11PM last night. However, 50 lengchas and 1 kilo mihidana apparently wasn't enough to cool his folks - probably the reason we might have to wait a bit for the full update from him! Received an SMS from him this morning saying I made this one wrong prediction about the sweet stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
...stop at Shaktigarh, on the highway itself, where there are a series of lengcha shops - you can't miss them. Tea, shingara, makha shondesh, lengcha, mihidana, sitabhog - take your pick. Carry some back home too, to cool the folks down when they go ballistic after hearing that you drove solo from DEL to CCU.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 10:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, moeinuk's back home at Kolkata, safe and sound, at 11PM last night.
Hey moeinuk, so you have crossed that barrier. Welcome on board.

Quote:
However, 50 lengchas and 1 kilo mihidana apparently wasn't enough to cool his folks - probably the reason we might have to wait a bit for the full update from him! Received an SMS from him this morning saying I made this one wrong prediction about the sweet stuff!
I am sure your folks would come around and join you for many miles ahead on similar trips. Travel creates strong bonds.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote