Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 11th June 2012, 13:55   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Completed the trip! There is a paid parking lot quite near to the steps (Balaji Bus Stand). Took us 4.5 hrs to walk up, standing in line at Saturday 7am took 7 hrs to finish darshan in the 'walkers' queue. A colleague stood in the 300 buck queue at 1pm same day and took a whopping 15 hrs !! Similar had happened on Friday due to rain with darshan timings in 10-20 hr region.
narayans80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 14:21   #152
BHPian

I am planning to make my maiden visit to Tirupati soon.

What are the chances of a speedy darshan (read under 4/5 hours) on the 19th of August (Sunday). Its a long weekend and i assume that there will be huge crowds. Experienced people pls comment.

I have also heard that there are darshan options of Rs. 1000 (and upwards). Are these still applicable?
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 16:48   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
I am planning to make my maiden visit to Tirupati soon.

What are the chances of a speedy darshan (read under 4/5 hours) on the 19th of August (Sunday). Its a long weekend and i assume that there will be huge crowds. Experienced people pls comment.

I have also heard that there are darshan options of Rs. 1000 (and upwards). Are these still applicable?

You dont have any Darshan Option of RS. 1000, all is that you can pre-book the Services(like kalyanam, etc...) which will happen early in the morning and you will be taken for darshan immediately and left near the temple entrance.

but being long weekend expect the same delay like 10 to 12 hrs in the queue.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 19:17   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER

but being long weekend expect the same delay like 10 to 12 hrs in the queue.
For which darshan would this be ? The free, 50 or 300 one?
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 19:39   #155
BHPian

Quote:
if you go by walk to Tirumala the darshanam would be much more quicker since there is a rule that people who walk to tirumala would be given tickets in between for free darshanam and they would be given priority.

and for people who go in 50 or 300 would get delayed as i mentioned because both the lines would be adjoining at the gate open so from there it would be common.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 20:29   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
if you go by walk to Tirumala the darshanam would be much more quicker since there is a rule that people who walk to tirumala would be given tickets in between for free darshanam and they would be given priority.
I don't have a side-by-side comparison, we walked up and had our darshan in 7 hrs, standing on line at 730am on 9th June. Our colleague who took the 300 Rs ticket that afternoon at 2pm, took a whopping 14 hrs and got out at 4am next morning

Quote:
I wouldn't suggest 300 at all, free darshan is out of question. Either take the 50 Rs ticket or walk up. If you are walking up do so early morning without luggage or cellphone.
Old 8th August 2012, 20:53   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I don't have a side-by-side comparison, we walked up and had our darshan in 7 hrs, standing on line at 730am on 9th June. Our colleague who took the 300 Rs ticket that afternoon at 2pm, took a whopping 14 hrs and got out at 4am next morning
The footpath darshan(Dhivya darshan) timing is highly erratic. I went there on a week day and got the darshan timing on 3rd day evening.

Then i reported at Seegradarshan queue entry by 7:30 AM, and i came out by 12:30 PM- there was a half an hour waiting in the hall.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 21:45   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post

Last month when I went to Tirumala had taken the Rs.50 darshan at Hyderabad and was allotted for 9.30am darshan.
I started walking from 4.30am from Alipiri and I after reaching the Gali gopuram they were
giving the darshan tickets which was free with digital photo.So for curiosity took the tickets and was allotted
the time slot at 10pm in the night for the darshan.These tickets were rechecked enroute after the Hanuman statue.
So really do not know wheather a priority darshan exsists for the people who walk to Tirumala.

Last edited by gajadonga : 8th August 2012 at 21:52.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 22:18   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Last month when I went to Tirumala had taken the Rs.50 darshan at Hyderabad and was allotted for 9.30am darshan.
I started walking from 4.30am from Alipiri and I after reaching the Gali gopuram they were
giving the darshan tickets which was free with digital photo.So for curiosity took the tickets and was allotted
the time slot at 10pm in the night for the darshan.These tickets were rechecked enroute after the Hanuman statue.
So really do not know wheather a priority darshan exsists for the people who walk to Tirumala.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The footpath darshan(Dhivya darshan) timing is highly erratic. I went there on a week day and got the darshan timing on 3rd day evening.

Then i reported at Seegradarshan queue entry by 7:30 AM, and i came out by 12:30 PM- there was a half an hour waiting in the hall.
i am sure some thing is going wrong since last time i took the 50 rupees darshan online and went by walk got the free tickets for curiosity and to my surprise the free tickets people who walked were given priority and we came just in 4 hours, where as the 50 rupees ticket was taking around 6 hours and 2 hours for 300 rupees.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 22:36   #160
Senior - BHPian

We took 300 queue (entered at 2 PM) and took 9.5 hours!
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 01:02   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
was allotted the time slot at 10pm in the night for the darshan.
I don't even remember what time was printed for us, but I don't think that was checked at all in the walking line. The darshan wait time the previous day was 12 hrs in 50 Rs and 20 hrs in free. We stood in line some 7 hrs since we got the ticket, so our slot shouldve been well beyond that.
Old 9th August 2012, 11:40   #162
BHPian

IMPO, nowadays Rs. 300 seegradarshan ticket is really not a "seegra" darshan especially on the weekends. In last few months, i am constantly hearing that Rs. 300/- ticket darshan easily takes any where between 5 to 10 hours anyday.

When i went to Tirumala last month on a friday, Rs. 300 ticket darshan took 7 hours where as Pedestrian tickets Divya Darshan took about 4 hours.

Though Divya darshna ticket is free, they are given some sort of priority compared to Free darshan, Rs. 50 and Rs. 300 tickets.

So the better choice would be,
1) Visit Tirumala on a weekday
2) Either walk up and get Divya Darshan tickets OR go for Rs. 300 tickets.
3) If you have more time, even better choice is to go for Arjitha sevas which are Rs. 1000/- and upwards. But you may have to spend atleast 2 days in Tirumala/Tirupathi to get tickets and complete darshan.

Infact, sometimes i think what ever time Rs. 50/- ticket took few years back (before introduction of seegradarshan) is now the same for Rs. 300/- and hence Rs. 50 ticket value had gone down and waiting hours increased drastically.

Probably, my guess is that the next step TTD may take is to introduce a Rs. 500/- ticket so that there are multiple layers of ticket directly proportionate to waiting hours ! I can't imagine when a person will get lord's darshan going through free darshan queue in next few years....

-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 15:51   #163
BHPian

Guys, any update on current condition in Tirumala?

I plan to go there tomorrow evening and stand in Darshan on Thursday morning at 4am for rs. 300 darshan.

What might be the rush like, considering tomorrow is a Holiday?
Karthik1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 01:07   #164
BHPian

Obviously it will be crowded, as many people take off on thursday & friday to make it a long weekend starting wednesday till next monday.

Looks like the seegradarshan starts at 9 am on thursdays.
see below link. Got it from a FB link.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...16527326_n.jpg

Do you still want to stand from 4 am onwards?

-Ravi
Attached Thumbnails
Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-seegradarshan-timings.png  

Last edited by ravib : 15th August 2012 at 01:11. Reason: added seegradarshan timings image
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 08:13   #165
BHPian

Guys, need your advice here. We are planning for a Tirupati trip on coming Friday. Out of the 6 people going, 3 of us would be walking up to Tirumala while the remaining 3 would go by car. Have planned to get Rs.50/- ticket at Renigunta.

Have some questions here.
1. For walkers, can we carry cellphone with us?
2. Generally, can cellphones be taken when going inside the temple. Obviously, we would have it in silent mode and would not use it. But as you know, it would be helpful once we come out of the darshan to locate the car etc.
3. My grandpa (81 year old) is also coming with us. I remember that there is some special darshan for the elderly. Am I right? Any regulations/conditions for that?

And lastly the most important question: Any recent experiences as to how long does it take for the Rs.50/- ticket-holders to see the Lord?
callvvijay is offline   Reply With Quote