Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 14:19   #211
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 59
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Don't know where to post this:

I have made a donation to the tirupati Nitya Annadhana Scheme. Since the donation was less than 1 Lakh, i have no direct receipt from TTD(only the bank receipt).

Since the donation is eligible to tax savings, i need to enter the PAN number of the TTD Scheme. TTD site doesn't give the number anywhere.

Can someone help?
If you donated at the bank at Tirumala and gave your correct address, they would send you an IT certificate you can use while filing your return. I recall it came in less than a month for me.
IUNKWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 18:43   #212
BHPian
 
kiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chicago,Chennai
Posts: 53
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

I heard there is a dress code for seegra darshanam as well. Anyone recently visited with the dress code restrictions on?
kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 20:50   #213
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,036
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
I heard there is a dress code for seegra darshanam as well. Anyone recently visited with the dress code restrictions on?
No dress code for seegra darshanam. i went on july 17th, 2013
Dress code is only for seva ticket holders

Of course there is no bar if you want to be in traditional attire

But just check before entering this Q, as i have found out Rs 50 Q is faster than this. you can book in advance online for rs 50/ for a specific time slot
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 12:55   #214
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 255
Thanked: 97 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Yes. There is a dress code. At least it was there in February 2013. Me and my friend were in three fourths and we were not allowed to get into the Q. Had no choice but to pay up and buy a lungi each. We had climbed to the top by foot.
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 13:28   #215
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,190 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Yes. There is a dress code. At least it was there in February 2013. Me and my friend were in three fourths and we were not allowed to get into the Q. Had no choice but to pay up and buy a lungi each. We had climbed to the top by foot.
Oh boy! This is indeed ridiculous. Are you saying now for all Seegra Darshanam everyone has to wear a lungi?

What about women? Saris?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 13:33   #216
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,036
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Oh boy! This is indeed ridiculous. Are you saying now for all Seegra Darshanam everyone has to wear a lungi?

What about women? Saris?
There is no dress code for sreegradarshanam. But Gents has wear pant & shrit or dhoti/kurta paijama etc. no three fourths/shorts etc.
ladies- saree or punjabi dress. no tea shirts etc.

I was there last month 17th in pant and shirt. no body insisted that i wear lungi. Because the guys are in three fourths in this particular case they may might have been objected to. with no other option they might have bought lungi's

Dress code for seva tickets is dhoti with anga vastram for gents and saree/punjabi dress for ladies

Last edited by rkg : 6th August 2013 at 13:38.
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 13:56   #217
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,168
Thanked: 1,694 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Oh boy! This is indeed ridiculous. Are you saying now for all Seegra Darshanam everyone has to wear a lungi?

What about women? Saris?
other than Seva Ticket holders, everyone is expected to wear cloths that will cover your body decently. Thats what the dress code is actually. You cant wear shorts and skirts or three-fourths. Basically no western style

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
There is no dress code for sreegradarshanam. But Gents has wear pant & shrit or dhoti/kurta paijama etc. no three fourths/shorts etc.
ladies- saree or punjabi dress. no t shirts etc.
...
Dress code for seva tickets is dhoti with anga vastram for gents and saree/ punjabi dress for ladies
+1. Exactly!
abirnale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 15:19   #218
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 255
Thanked: 97 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Oh boy! This is indeed ridiculous. Are you saying now for all Seegra Darshanam everyone has to wear a lungi?

What about women? Saris?
Not everyone. As someone pointed out above the body should be covered fully. Thats the only restriction.
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 20:47   #219
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Guys

Any idea how's the rush now in Tirumala? We are traveling tomorrow and reaching on 2nd Oct at 8 am. (I know it's a holiday and would be crowded for sure). Our return is at midnight of the same day. I am told that 5th to 15th should be avoided due to Brahmotsavams.

Assuming we reach uphill by 1130 am, do you think we can complete sheegra darshan by 10 pm? And how much does the ticket cost per head?

Thanks in advance.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 21:59   #220
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

Any idea how's the rush now in Tirumala? We are traveling tomorrow and reaching on 2nd Oct at 8 am. (I know it's a holiday and would be crowded for sure). Our return is at midnight of the same day. I am told that 5th to 15th should be avoided due to Brahmotsavams.

Assuming we reach uphill by 1130 am, do you think we can complete sheegra darshan by 10 pm? And how much does the ticket cost per head?

Thanks in advance.
My cousin entered the que at 1.30 and was out only by 10.30pm, this was on 26th Sept. So you are running tight. Seegra darshanam is Rs.300/-
#win is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 22:11   #221
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by #win View Post
My cousin entered the que at 1.30 and was out only by 10.30pm, this was on 26th Sept. So you are running tight. Seegra darshanam is Rs.300/-
Thanks. Was that Seegra Darshan that your cousin took?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 22:14   #222
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks. Was that Seegra Darshan that your cousin took?
Yes. He did take Seegradhashanam
The 50 ticket takes 1/2 the time of Seegradharshanam for the last few weeks. But for that you will have to book in advance.
#win is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 22:29   #223
BHPian
 
vindrider2626's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 119
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

Any idea how's the rush now in Tirumala? We are traveling tomorrow and reaching on 2nd Oct at 8 am. (I know it's a holiday and would be crowded for sure). Our return is at midnight of the same day. I am told that 5th to 15th should be avoided due to Brahmotsavams.

Assuming we reach uphill by 1130 am, do you think we can complete sheegra darshan by 10 pm? And how much does the ticket cost per head?

Thanks in advance.
I had visited tirupati on the 16th of september,and had taken the seegradarshanam ticket of 300 ,and it took only 2 hours for the darshan to be completed.Nowadays because of the total bandh in andhra the rush is low. It is better to wear traditional dress like sari or churidar for women folk.
vindrider2626 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 22:37   #224
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
I had visited tirupati on the 16th of september,and had taken the seegradarshanam ticket of 300 ,and it took only 2 hours for the darshan to be completed.Nowadays because of the total bandh in andhra the rush is low. It is better to wear traditional dress like sari or churidar for women folk.
True , that was the scene a couple of weeks ago. But now that Brahmotsavams are starting, and Oct 2nd being a holiday, there could be many who'd like to have darshan during this week.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 19:00   #225
BHPian
 
IndianNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 150
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Last monday did darshan through seegradarshanam, took 3hr30mins which includes 1hr waiting to take the ticket as the ticket counter was closed for that duration.
Entered the queue at 7am and finished darshan by 10:30am.
IndianNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyderabad - Tirumala Road condition Alton Route / Travel Queries 13 25th October 2010 17:51
Tirupathi & Tirumala, November 2008-Photo Blog mobike008 Travelogues 28 3rd November 2009 16:48
'Xing'ing around ! - Tirumala, Tiruchanoor and Vellore. hotstuff Travelogues 19 9th June 2009 19:17
Tirupati - Pune route query sreenidhibr Route / Travel Queries 5 28th August 2008 13:56
Mysore-Tirupati query LLL Travelogues 12 24th March 2008 20:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks