Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 8th October 2010, 15:50   #31
BHPian

If you get a good deal, you can stay in this area and travel by Local trains to other spots/suburbs (+ you don't have to worry about the crowds as there are 2 stations from where trains originate - CST and Churchgate to take you further north )

Most of the fun spots are in/near Fort anwyays (Gateway, food, clubs, fashion street etc)

edit: Bandra is definitely another area you should visit, for shopping/food/strolling around.

Last edited by Abhay : 8th October 2010 at 15:51.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 11:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You are welcome.

You will find most of things in that area itself unless you want to go visiting a couple of Bollywood stars then you might have to go to Juhu/Bandra. If you happen to go to Bandra do take some time for Linking Road, Lots of road side stuff, cheap but be sure to bargain hard. Other than that there's a pagoda somewhere in Borivli or kandivli I dont remember. People say its good. Try it if you have time on hand.

One thing for sure do travel in local train during peak time and get a first hand exp of Hot sauna cum massage free of cost.
Perfect, then I would rather stay in this place. They dont have the place available for 1 day out of 3 days so i guess I would need to book someother place for 1 day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
If you get a good deal, you can stay in this area and travel by Local trains to other spots/suburbs (+ you don't have to worry about the crowds as there are 2 stations from where trains originate - CST and Churchgate to take you further north )

Most of the fun spots are in/near Fort anwyays (Gateway, food, clubs, fashion street etc)

edit: Bandra is definitely another area you should visit, for shopping/food/strolling around.
THanks a lot Abhay. Will check out Bandra and Juhu for sure.

Are the trains crowded there throughout the day? I thought it would be more during the office timings.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 10:32   #33
BHPian

yes, during peak/rush hours they are more crowded than usual but then this is all relative Since you would likely travel from Churchgate, you should not have a big problem, it being a starting point.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote