Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 19:54   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: thane
Posts: 281
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Mumbai to Pachmarhi via Hoshangabad

first hand info required on this route mumbai dhule khandwa hoshangabad piparia pachmarhi.

is it possible in 1 day?
pravdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 21:01   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default

The road till the MH-MP border is superb, but there are some bad stretches once you enter MP. Although I have no personal experience, AFAIK, the Khandwa-Hoshangabad road was a disaster, although there are chances that it may have improved lately.

I think it very difficult to cover this in 1 day, and unless you are a superfast driver, you may find it difficult to cross Khandwa.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 22:15   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Posts: 1,178
Thanked: 460 Times
Default

Road is very good till Khandwa (Pune - Ahmadnagar - Aurangabad - Jamner - Burhanpur - Khandwa). Actually road is very good til Indore on that route. No idea about road from Khandwa to Hoshangabad. Technocrat might know.

-Biju
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 22:52   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: thane
Posts: 281
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Road is very good till Khandwa (Pune - Ahmadnagar - Aurangabad - Jamner - Burhanpur - Khandwa). Actually road is very good til Indore on that route. No idea about road from Khandwa to Hoshangabad. Technocrat might know.

-Biju
thanks biju the grey area is the khandwa hoshangabad road. how do i contact technocrat send him a pm ?
regards

pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The road till the MH-MP border is superb, but there are some bad stretches once you enter MP. Although I have no personal experience, AFAIK, the Khandwa-Hoshangabad road was a disaster, although there are chances that it may have improved lately.

I think it very difficult to cover this in 1 day, and unless you are a superfast driver, you may find it difficult to cross Khandwa.
thanks hv
yes i do understand that in my enthusiasm im trying too hard. but i do believe the roads in india have undergone a seachange and one always hopes against hope to cut down that extra hour or a few miles!!!!

surprisingly ther are very few travelogues on mumbai to any city in mp. it was utter delight for me 2 years back when i could make it to mp, from the dhule section so easily. people travel much longer to goa than indore!!!!! from mumbai.

regards

pg
pravdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 22:57   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default

I had driven to MP last month, covering Bombay-Indore-Gwalior-Kajuraho-Panna-Katni-Jabalpur & Seoni. Roads are much better nowadays.

Check out Ramky's http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...c-statues.html (MP: Temples,Hills, Marble Rocks, Water falls, Tigers, Erotic Statues and.....)


You can read in the post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1049841 (MP: Temples,Hills, Marble Rocks, Water falls, Tigers, Erotic Statues and.....) as to how bad the Indore-Hoshnagabad-Pachmarhi route is.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 23:19   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Posts: 1,178
Thanked: 460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravdr View Post
thanks biju the grey area is the khandwa hoshangabad road. how do i contact technocrat send him a pm ?
Yes, send him a pm. I have a colleague who frequently travels to Hoshangabad. Let me check out how he travels and will let you know if he has any idea about the condition of the roads between Khandwa and Hoshangabad.

I usually take about 12 hours to drive to Indore from Pune non-stop except for fuel breaks and bio-breaks. And on this route I am mostly in double digit speeds only.

Last edited by pjbiju : 8th March 2010 at 23:21.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 23:26   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,679
Thanked: 747 Times
Default

@pravdr as i have travelled some time back through the Punasa route, i can assure you the roads are not that great, only for a stretch of 30km or so they are virtually extinct

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 23:30   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Khandwa-Hoshangabd road is in much better condition than before.I think its a BOT road project and has brought down the travel time significantly.Hoshnagabd-pachmari road is breeze..
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 00:09   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: thane
Posts: 281
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Yes, send him a pm. I have a colleague who frequently travels to Hoshangabad. Let me check out how he travels and will let you know if he has any idea about the condition of the roads between Khandwa and Hoshangabad.

I usually take about 12 hours to drive to Indore from Pune non-stop except for fuel breaks and bio-breaks. And on this route I am mostly in double digit speeds only.
thanks biju

i will pm technocrat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I had driven to MP last month, covering Bombay-Indore-Gwalior-Kajuraho-Panna-Katni-Jabalpur & Seoni. Roads are much better nowadays.

Check out Ramky's http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...c-statues.html (MP: Temples,Hills, Marble Rocks, Water falls, Tigers, Erotic Statues and.....)


You can read in the post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1049841 (MP: Temples,Hills, Marble Rocks, Water falls, Tigers, Erotic Statues and.....) as to how bad the Indore-Hoshnagabad-Pachmarhi route is.
thanks hv
true blue you have covered the very heart of incredible india.i will use the travelogues to my advantage.

pg
pravdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 00:12   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: thane
Posts: 281
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Khandwa-Hoshangabd road is in much better condition than before.I think its a BOT road project and has brought down the travel time significantly.Hoshnagabd-pachmari road is breeze..
thanks ags

following up can i ask how much time does it take to go to pachmarhi from khandwa?

also how is the hotel situation in khandwa and hoshangabad as i feel this is a less travelled section.

regards

pg
pravdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 18:19   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Would take around 7 hours approx from Khandwa.
AFA hotels are concerned you can give a try to Grand Hotel in khandwa near railway station.Housed in old colonial building,Hoshangabad has hopeless hotels, just ok for a quick meal at place called "Osheen".
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 18:38   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,900
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Road is very good till Khandwa (Pune - Ahmadnagar - Aurangabad - Jamner - Burhanpur - Khandwa). Actually road is very good til Indore on that route. No idea about road from Khandwa to Hoshangabad. Technocrat might know.

-Biju
+1. Take this route.

As for Khandwa to Hoshangabad; I traveled on this route 2 years ago & it was in good condition. Though the road is slightly narrow, you can do good speeds as there is barely anyone on road.

But its totally deserted so I would avoid night driving.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 12:36   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Posts: 1,178
Thanked: 460 Times
Default

I just checked with my friend and he tells me that the road between Khandwa and Hoshangabad is good. The bad patches are between Hoshangabad and Bhopal. Since you do not have to travel to Bhopal, you should be ok taking the Khandwa Hoshangabad route.

-Biju
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 23:46   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: thane
Posts: 281
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
+1. Take this route.

As for Khandwa to Hoshangabad; I traveled on this route 2 years ago & it was in good condition. Though the road is slightly narrow, you can do good speeds as there is barely anyone on road.

But its totally deserted so I would avoid night driving.
thanx technocrat

thanx for replying even before i cd pm you.

will require some info further.

regards

pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I just checked with my friend and he tells me that the road between Khandwa and Hoshangabad is good. The bad patches are between Hoshangabad and Bhopal. Since you do not have to travel to Bhopal, you should be ok taking the Khandwa Hoshangabad route.

-Biju
thanks biju

seems that this section has travellers but not like the other grand trunk routes.

thanx fr the feedback

pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Would take around 7 hours approx from Khandwa.
AFA hotels are concerned you can give a try to Grand Hotel in khandwa near railway station.Housed in old colonial building,Hoshangabad has hopeless hotels, just ok for a quick meal at place called "Osheen".
thanks agspins

i have zero info about this area. the only knowledge i had was that mumtaz mahal wife of shahjahan died at burhanpur!!!!!

so all the small nuggets of info are appreciated.

pg

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Type 'Thanks' instead of 'Thanx', 'for' instead of 'fr', 'could' instead of 'cd'

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th March 2010 at 12:19. Reason: Please read the note in your post very carefully, thanks
pravdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 12:21   #15
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,900
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

If you plan to stay over night then I would suggest going Via Indore, so that you stay overnight at Indore & then Do Indore - Bhopal - Pachmarhi
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delhi - Indore- Bhopal-Pachmarhi-Bandhavgarh-Orchha-Delhi manjir Route / Travel Queries 12 23rd May 2016 13:44
Planning a road-trip from Delhi to Pachmarhi (MP) somu_john Route / Travel Queries 14 16th November 2015 16:16
Pachmarhi Roadtrip kunalsb Travelogues 18 13th June 2012 21:10
BLR-GOA trip onward via Amboli return via Shimoga subbarp Travelogues 13 4th January 2010 12:51
Mumbai - Napgur - via Pune OR via Nasik M-Oz Route / Travel Queries 5 10th November 2008 16:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:13.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks