Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 8th March 2010, 16:30   #1
BHPian

Default Chennai - Sringeri

I know that there are lot of thread that exist on this route. But I went through all of them, but all of them were bit out of date and the latest posts were more of discussion than of route. So, there goes.

I am traveling for a marriage of a relative at Sringeri. I would be taking GQ to Bengaluru and take the left at electronic city and through by - bass reach Tumkur Road. After that I see there are lot of options.

* I would like to know the fastest route that can be taken from Bengaluru to reach Sringeri?

* What would be the time taken to reach Sringeri from Bengaluru Electronic City, Jn.?
Archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 16:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
I know that there are lot of thread that exist on this route. But I went through all of them, but all of them were bit out of date and the latest posts were more of discussion than of route. So, there goes.

I am traveling for a marriage of a relative at Sringeri. I would be taking GQ to Bengaluru and take the left at electronic city and through by - bass reach Tumkur Road. After that I see there are lot of options.

* I would like to know the fastest route that can be taken from Bengaluru to reach Sringeri?

* What would be the time taken to reach Sringeri from Bengaluru Electronic City, Jn.?
From Electronic city take a left on the NICE road. This is a tolled road and will by-pass Bangalore city. From here there are 2 options. Take the exit at Magadi road or continue till Tumkur road. I would suggest that you take the exit onto Magadi road since the road is very good and the traffic is lesser.

The shortest route is El city-Nice road-Magadi road-Magadi town-Kunigal-Bellur Cross-Channarayapatna-Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur-Aldur-Balehonnur-Jayapura-Sringeri.

Road work is going on from Kunigal to Bellur Cross. But it is no problem. After Bellur Cross it is the normal 2 lane highway. It is in good condition but rough at places. Hassan-Belur is one of the best roads in the state. Belur-Chikmagalur is also good.

Please refer to the following posts for road conditions & directions from Chikmagalur to Sringeri

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1762714 (The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1762714 (The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi)

I had been on this route the weekend of Feb 27-28. So, conditions will more or less be the same as of now.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 17:36   #3
Team-BHP Support

+1 to that. The main point to note is that do not go all the way till Tumkur road. Take deviation at Magadi and via Magadi, you can NH48 at Kunigal. Check Google maps for more information. If you have GPS that will come in handy.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote