Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street and Travel Experiences > Route / Travel Queries

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 15:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Bangalore to Chengalpattu(Mahindra World City)

Hi All,
We, me and Don need to be at Chengalpattu Mahindra World City at 1000HRS on the 8th(Thursday) instant. Can somebody please suggest the best route and the time it will take to travel?
I can ride, drive or go by bus or train depending on what the forum suggests.
Google maps suggests the Kolar-Mulbagal-Chittor-Kanchipuram-Walajapet-Chengalpattu route. Is this better than the usual Hosur-Kanchipuram route?
I couldn't find any KSRTC buses or trains going on that route which is why I m riding down. In case someone knows a better mode of transport, please feel free to suggest.
Thanks in advance.

Mods, in case a similar thread exists, please merge this there.

Last edited by n.devdath : 6th April 2010 at 15:35.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th April 2010, 15:42   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi All,
We, me and Don need to be at Chengalpattu Mahindra World City at 1000HRS on the 8th(Thursday) instant. Can somebody please suggest the best route and the time it will take to travel?
I can ride, drive or go by bus or train depending on what the forum suggests.
Google maps suggests the Kolar-Mulbagal-Chittor-Kanchipuram-Walajapet-Chengalpattu route. Is this better than the usual Hosur-Kanchipuram route?
I couldn't find any KSRTC buses or trains going on that route which is why I m riding down. In case someone knows a better mode of transport, please feel free to suggest.
Thanks in advance.

Mods, in case a similar thread exists, please merge this there.
Route: Drive till Kanchipuram on NH7/Nh46 via Hosur/Krishnagiri. At Kanchi go through the city and take the Walajabad route. You should be able to reach Chengelpet by 9:30 max. This is if you want to drive. Not sure if there are direct buses or trains as Chengelpet is on NH45 (Trichy road and rail line) and not on the Bangalore-Chennai line.

Drive should be the easiest and you can come back on your own as well.
Not sure of the road status between Kanchi and Walajabad.
But I guess its pretty heavily used.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 15:45   #3
BHPian

If you plan to drive down:
1. You can come to chennai, climb the elevated expressway at Porur and go to Tambaram- Mahindra city
2. Bangalore - Kanchipuram, Walajabad, chengalpet. From kanchipuram it would be single roads. Not sure of the road condition.

If you are taking a bus, you can alight at guindy and proceed to mahindra city from there.

Edit: The train will also be very comfortable to you, take the banglore mail and it will reach the next day morning. You have local trains to take you to mahindra city / chengalpet. You can board them from the Park station at chennai.

Last edited by ikoneer : 6th April 2010 at 15:48.
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 16:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You should be able to reach Chengelpet by 9:30 max.
Drive should be the easiest and you can come back on your own as well.
Reach by 9.30 so start by??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Edit: The train will also be very comfortable to you, take the banglore mail and it will reach the next day morning. You have local trains to take you to mahindra city / chengalpet. You can board them from the Park station at chennai.
Well the plan is not to touch any city as far as possible to avoid traffic and confusion. I was contemplating trains as well but couldn't find any direct trains. Looks like it will be a ride to and fro.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 16:22   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Reach by 9.30 so start by??
Start by about 3:30.
Please note that no breakfast places would be open.
You can have coffee at CCD .

BTW as Ikoneer mentioned, you can take train to Chennai and the local train station (Park) is just opposite Chennai central. If you take a local, its easy sailing till Chengelpet. But I guess to and fro ride is better as you can reach and start as and when you want.

- Getting a reservation in a train at such short notice to Chennai in summer break may not be possible.
- And also you dont need to take an auto or a cab from station .

Last edited by ampere : 6th April 2010 at 16:26.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 16:30   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
2. Bangalore - Kanchipuram, Walajabad, chengalpet. From kanchipuram it would be single roads. Not sure of the road condition.
Road condition was good a month ago in the Kanchipuram-Walajahbad-Chengalapattu road.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 18:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Getting in and out of Kanchipuram can be slightly messy, but it would remain your best option if you are driving down, Kanchipuram - Mahindra City would take you atleast an hour so you will have to plan your start time accordingly. What you could possibly do is to book yourself in KSRTC volvo, reach CMBT, Koyambedu. Freshen up and take 500C which plies between CMBT & Mahindra City. Alternatively take a call taxi to Mahindra City comfortably.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2012, 20:34   #8
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Chengalpattu(Mahindra World City)

I am planning to travel from Bangalore to Mahindra Research Valley this month end. Please suggest which road will cause least stress. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 kids in an Alto.
ksaurabh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 08:36   #9
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
I am planning to travel from Bangalore to Mahindra Research Valley this month end. Please suggest which road will cause least stress. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 kids in an Alto.

If you are leaving from KR Puram side, Take the Old Madras road-Chittoor-Ranipet-Kanchipuram-Sriperumbudur-Turn Right Just after Nokia factory into Sriperumbudur -Singaperumal Koil Road (25 Kms from Sriperumbudur till Singaperumal Koil-Of which 1st 13 Kms till Oragadam junction,except for 2-3 Kms near Pondur village where bypass is under construction,is 4 Lane in good condition,Last 12 Kms I am not sure about current road conditions in this stretch,4 Lane work is still in progress AFAIK)-Singaperumal koil Railway Crossing- NH45 -Turn right-I think from there it is around 6 Kms to MWC.

If you are Starting nearer to Silk Board/Electronics city, Take the NH7-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Turn Left -NH46- Ambur-Vellore-Kanchipuram-Sriperumbudur and then same route as mentioned above.

Have a safe trip.

Last edited by ramanak : 28th December 2012 at 08:45.
ramanak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 18:11   #10
BHPian

I took this route on 29th Dec: NH7-Hosur-Krishnagiri -NH46- Ambur-Vellore-Kanchipuram-Sriperumbudur-Turn Right Just after Nokia factory. Road is awesome. Travel time was 6 hours. It was raining all through from Vellore onwards.
While driving back to Bangalore today, did a big mistake - switched on my Nokia OVI maps application and decided to follow it's command . It guided me through the below attached route.

Reached home with rattled bones after travelling on NH66 (Tindivanam to Krishnagiri - via Gingee, Thiruvannamalai, Chengam, etc.). Took 9 hours!
Attached Images

ksaurabh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 15:36   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
I took this route on 29th Dec: NH7-Hosur-Krishnagiri -NH46- Ambur-Vellore-Kanchipuram-Sriperumbudur-Turn Right Just after Nokia factory. Road is awesome. Travel time was 6 hours. It was raining all through from Vellore onwards.
While driving back to Bangalore today, did a big mistake - switched on my Nokia OVI maps application and decided to follow it's command . It guided me through the below attached route.

Reached home with rattled bones after travelling on NH66 (Tindivanam to Krishnagiri - via Gingee, Thiruvannamalai, Chengam, etc.). Took 9 hours!
NH66 is under maintenance and will be so for another 1-2 years. Forget it.

Your onward Journey was perfect. Another alternative which might be faster (since you bypass Kanchipuram-Chennai traffic) is the Kanchipuram-Walajabad-Chengalpattu Byepass to MWC. The road is good.
polopm is offline   Reply With Quote