Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 11th April 2010, 14:37   #16
BHPian

Guys, any suggestions on Wayanad at this time of year? I just had this bright spark to do a Kochi-Wayanad-Palakkad-Pollachi-Udumalaipettai-Palani-Kodai trip.

Any pointers to road conditions from wayanad to Palakkad?

Going through Google maps, i got confused regarding approach to Kodai. Is there a direct route going south from Palani or you have to go to Dindigul-Batalagunda-Kodai?
Looking forward to clarifications. Thanks.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 20:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Guys, any suggestions on Wayanad at this time of year? I just had this bright spark to do a Kochi-Wayanad-Palakkad-Pollachi-Udumalaipettai-Palani-Kodai trip.

Any pointers to road conditions from wayanad to Palakkad?

Going through Google maps, i got confused regarding approach to Kodai. Is there a direct route going south from Palani or you have to go to Dindigul-Batalagunda-Kodai?
Looking forward to clarifications. Thanks.
Wayanad would be hot and humid at this time of the year(but then again its always like that,the best time of the year is around the monsoons)

The ideal route would be Kochi-Kozhikode(Calicut)-Wayanad(crossing the famous Thamarasserry Ghats to climb to Wayanad).Plenty of resorts to stay in and around Wayanad,the fpopular one being Vythiri.

Wayanad-Gudalur-Ooty-Mettupalayam-Coimbatore-Pollachi-Palani-Kodai.

It is a straight climb upto Kodai from Palani.80kms would take around 2-2.5hours.Total distance of around 400kms.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 22:50   #18
Team-BHP Support

If you find a resort near Kalpetta, you can directly drive to either Nilambur or Gudalur also. And there are quite a handful near Kalpetta.

But as Ranjit mentioned, although its green it would be very humid.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote