Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 30th December 2015, 20:54   #31
Default Re: How safe is Purulia - Bankura - Durgapur Stretch

Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
Am reviving an old thread because I wish to put some update on this Calcutta-Kharagpur-Baharagora-Jamshedpur route. A person I personally know very well has taken this route just a few days earlier. Though he traveled only up to Ghatshila, I believe the rest of the stretch beyond that should be somewhat OK. And he wrote that:-

"Today just, I have come back to kolkata from ghatsila tour. Bahargora is no more nightmare now. Roads are re laid though two laned. Here is some details. 1. Ghatsila to bahargora -56 km, road is in decent shape except 2 km real bad road after 25 km of ghatsila. 2. Bahargora to chichira road is also good except 3 km real bad road before chichira check post. Rest upto kolkata is in decent shape. Took only 4 hrs 30 mnts ( including 40 mnts break at koaghat) to cover 266 km . from ghatsila to home."

I guess we may now use this shorter and very much previously dreaded route.
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Yes this is good news. Coincidentally even my classmate from school traveled yesterday and he did the entire stretch from Jamshedpur to Baharagora in 1 hour flat. He vouches that the entire stretch is rid of all the dreaded potholes. In fact he also traveled into Jamshedpur through Chandil and he says that even that stretch has improved and is being currently being made 4 lane. Kudos to the new Jharkhand government.
Thanks guys for this update. I am thinking of driving to Jamshedpur from Kolkata in early 2016 and so this is wonderful news. Now I won't have to take the circuitous route via Durgapur.
debuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 14:07   #32
Default Re: How safe is Purulia - Bankura - Durgapur Stretch

I will be driving to Bokaro and Tenughat. Please advise how safe is the route.
sumannandy is offline   Reply With Quote